2010.07.15 Casey at the Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm am sure that somewhere in Orlando there is a budding young stylist who would happily take on the task of creating a look for Casey to wear in court which would be a vast improvement on what we're seeing at the moment.

Maybe someone with connections to Kathy Belich could confirm the hair story. I heard the commentator say this as he was commenting on the huge argument that was taking place live and on sidebar for InSessions in the current murder trial.

I was very surprised and puzzled. I sure can not tell you this is accurate. I CAN tell you I heard it accurately. :)

Maybe someone with connections to Kathy Belich could confirm the hair story. I heard the commentator say this as he was commenting on the huge argument that was taking place live and on sidebar for InSessions in the current murder trial.

I was very surprised and puzzled. I sure can not tell you this is accurate. I CAN tell you I heard it accurately. :)

Well, I just emailed her but am not sure if she'll have time to check this out or if she'd think it was important enough. I'll post again if I hear from her.

That's what i think. Comparing her to how she looked before jail, her clothes seem ill-fitting and ill-suited, and her hair seems washed, but not with good products and definitely no styling going on. It certainly does not look like it has been cut in some time, trimmed or anything.
casey wrote in one of her letters that she did her hair up in a some kind of a bun, before court. I really doubt we are paying for some stylist.
If I were her attorney, I would fight to have her looking as neat and groomed as possible.
I would tell casey to have the jail barber, which i think exists, cut her hair into a neat bob, to look younger. I would also get casey's current measurements and force her family to buy outfits that actually fit her body and do not look like they came from a thrift store or sale rack. The stuff she is wearing looks sloppy to me. A nice fitted white business shirt, like she had on for the press conference with baez, and slacks that actually fit but are not sexy, that would work, I think. To me, she looks kind of manson-like right now.

Well said, gitana. I agree with you 100%. We know she is capable of looking nicer, like the press conference. The sloppy look makes her appear crazier.

I wasn't trying to say that I didn't believe that the taxpayers were paying for her hair stylist. I was just saying that from the looks of the finished product, they couldn't be paying much.

Yes, according to his twitter account.
Could that be some kind of joke? Utah isn't really a hotbed for movers and shakers in the music industry. LOL Maybe he's looking for a kinder more gentler place to live.

I'm am sure that somewhere in Orlando there is a budding young stylist who would happily take on the task of creating a look for Casey to wear in court which would be a vast improvement on what we're seeing at the moment.

All I have to say is, if I were stylist and knew I could get very close to Casey's head with some shears...I'm not sure cutting her hair is what I'd be thinking about...yeah, big temptation there. Just sayin'.

In Session commentator just said that the state pays for KC to have her hair done berfore she appears in court!!! Why have we never heard that before? Did I miss this?

This comment was in relation to the live court...defendant requests makeup access.

I once saw on an episode of Locked Up where stylists volunteered their time and materials to do the hair of inmates. I guess it's different than what IS is implying but, inmates can and do receive some volunteered services.

Probably not the place for this - but this time Dr. Glass is wrong on a lot of accounts. KC was crying real tears, I was there, I saw it. Her face and nose got red as she cried. I don't know how she could have faked her face getting blotchy. Then Dr Glass goes into the unbuttoned blouse - well that blouse WAS buttoned all the way up, it was a bit low cut, but it was buttoned. Sorry, Dr. Glass is impressing me less and less each time she writes an article, she doesn't even try to be objective about her 'oberservations' any more either.

You are right about the blouse but I'm not sure on the crying. I was sitting in the front of the courtroom and I had a hard time deciding for myself if those were real tears. I didn't see tears but I did see the red face. She was rubbing her face with her hands though and that could have caused the redness. I never really could decide if it was real. She got over it so fast and the redness disappeared as soon as she stopped rubbing. It also crossed my mind that if the tears were real they could have been for herself... fear of what Lee might say on the stand. I can't ever recall seeing KC cry unless it was for herself. Anyway, I don't think any of us know for sure whether or not that was any sort of real emotion going on or if it was an act.

Thank you both for your input especially since you were there...but as you see, you both have different takes on her crying...

I wasn't there so I can't say either way...but you can clearly see in one photo on DLG's site, ICA's cleavage is in full sight! Who is she trying to impress...

Someone who cries and gets over it that fast can be seen as "putting" it on for appearances...IMO I would have been beside myself, sobbing uncontrollably but her tears passed in a minute. DLG has her ritual down pat...stick finger in eye, take Kleenex take a peek at your tears, repeat, fiddle with hair....Whatever you take from the analysis is more of a learning curve for me. I don't apply everything DLG states and when she's incorrect, I put it in her comments....I do post my opinion but under my "real" name....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Casey was stoic and still at first, as opposed to her old touchy feely, ticky self. After Lee mouth ILY and she broke down and cried, it was like the composed, calm, motionless facade came apart as well and some ticky started breaking through.

Thank you both for your input especially since you were there...but as you see, you both have different takes on her crying...

I wasn't there so I can't say either way...but you can clearly see in one photo on DLG's site, ICA's cleavage is in full sight! Who is she trying to impress...

Someone who cries and gets over it that fast can be seen as "putting" it on for appearances...IMO I would have been beside myself, sobbing uncontrollably but her tears passed in a minute. DLG has her ritual down pat...stick finger in eye, take Kleenex take a peek at your tears, repeat, fiddle with hair....Whatever you take from the analysis is more of a learning curve for me. I don't apply everything DLG states and when she's incorrect, I put it in her comments....I do post my opinion but under my "real" name....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

ITA with you. As large as the court room actually is, everyone has a slightly different view. What you see from the front might look differently when viewed from the balcony. Dr. Glass is correct in her assessment of the "ritual". It is like that every time... poke, dab, inspect, rub face, smooth hair... repeat. However, I'm too scared to try and climb in KC's mind to know if it's real or not. :eek: I didn't think it was but that's JMO

Probably not the place for this - but this time Dr. Glass is wrong on a lot of accounts. KC was crying real tears, I was there, I saw it. Her face and nose got red as she cried. I don't know how she could have faked her face getting blotchy. Then Dr Glass goes into the unbuttoned blouse - well that blouse WAS buttoned all the way up, it was a bit low cut, but it was buttoned. Sorry, Dr. Glass is impressing me less and less each time she writes an article, she doesn't even try to be objective about her 'oberservations' any more either.

Thanks so much for this comment and your other "real time" ones - I really love the first hand stuff.
Oh course I was only watching the hearing on a computer monitor, but when I saw what I assumed as ICA's tears after LA mouthed I love you, I had an immediate flashback to the jailhouse videos where ICA was saying to her parents - you don't understand, I am here all alone with no one to comfort me, I have to stay strong, etc. etc. - I just assumed it was a reaction to her seeing someone close to her "offering her comfort" and she melted for a moment into tears. Tears for herself of course.

When Cindy said she still thinks Caylee is alive, Casey almost seemed to wake up. It was like her ears perked up, as if the rest of what Cindy had been saying was just jibberish but suddenly she heard words in a language she understood. It was interesting.

Exactly! If she were a dog her head would have tilted and her ears perked up. It was weird.

Exactly! If she were a dog her head would have tilted and her ears perked up. It was weird.

I think she was thinking - "Hey, if Cindy thinks this, maybe Jose can convince more people and I just might get away with this! Hmmmmm".

I noticed the lack of blinking too. Especially when her mother was up being questioned. It was freaky. It looked like Casey was staring a hole into Cindy - hardly ever blinking an eye! She had a weird, almost evil look on her face at times.

Casey was giving Cindy the look of "you know you always cover for me when I lie" why aren't you now? I truly believe that Casey always thought she would get away with killing Caylee due to her Parents always believing her BS. What's another lie when you've lied your whole life? I'm sure she never expected Cindy to call the police and the whole story to blow up like it did. She figured they'll believe she was kidnapped, why not, they believe all the other BS she tells them. Sorry Casey, it backfired on you this time at Caylee's expense. RIP sweet baby Caylee!!

I think they need to get her a normal haircut, the long hair is a bit spooky/witchy/prisony to me. It's pretty hair but I think a mid-length stylish haircut would look much better. Also, clothes that a young woman her age would really wear to work would be better, current normal styles, not the puffy sleeved blouses. A normal dress blouse or sport shirt would be fine, and they should bring a sweater in case it's cold in the courtroom. But not this wuthering heights or bo-peep kind of look. It gives off a weird look. MOO

I agree with you! Especially the part about her look being a bit "spooky/witchy". Those words describe exactly the feeling I get when looking at her appearance. And her attire just looks like a "put on". Like I said before she looks like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I once saw on an episode of Locked Up where stylists volunteered their time and materials to do the hair of inmates. I guess it's different than what IS is implying but, inmates can and do receive some volunteered services.

It's true! My mother in law didn't volunteer to style inmates hair, but she once belonged to a woman's group who visited the local jail once a month and taught the inmates arts and crafts for a couple of hours. Inmates do receive a lot of volunteer services surprisingly.

jmo. The inmates will be back on the street and any positive help they can get is wonderful. Some inmates have no idea what they look like. I believe that getting caught actually tears some of them apart. Thats how they were raised. just sayin

Would volunteers be able to interact with KC?
I thought she was locked in a private cell with only a small amount of time to get out and shower, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokerhyme
Back