2010.07.15 Defense motion to protect phone call of Robin Lunceford

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya think LE forgot that part? I doubt it.

One thing that disapoints me is the SA will file resonse NLT Monday. That means HHJP will withhold any ruling until then. No doc dump, so I guess it'll be beer and mowing grass this weekend.

Ya think LE forgot that part? I doubt it.

One thing that disapoints me is the SA will file resonse NLT Monday. That means HHJP will withhold any ruling until then. No doc dump, so I guess it'll be beer and mowing grass this weekend.
But just think...doesn't everything have to be handed over soon? So there should be even more docs in our future. : )

I just love the thought of Judge Perry pouring a glass of whiskey, lighting up a cigar and settling into a big leather chair with great amusement as he listens to those tapes ..

I just love the thought of Judge Perry pouring a glass of whiskey, lighting up a cigar and settling into a big leather chair with great amusement as he listens to those tapes ..

That's a great thought! I just can't wait to find out what happens, the suspense is killing me!

Will HHJP file a bar complaint? Remember at the end of last week's hearing, JB said it would be a felony for the SAO to listen to the calls, I wonder if JB will file charges against HHJP LOL (I kid, I kid :innocent:)

That's a great thought! I just can't wait to find out what happens, the suspense is killing me!

Will HHJP file a bar complaint? Remember at the end of last week's hearing, JB said it would be a felony for the SAO to listen to the calls, I wonder if JB will file charges against HHJP LOL (I kid, I kid :innocent:)

Guess it depends what's on there....but since Baez seemed so disturbed by them there's got to be something in there...

'Mr Baaaeeeezzzzz.... my chambers if you don't mind'

Given that HHJP so gracefully "reminded" JB at least 3-4 times to "bear in mind".......he appears to demonstrate a no nonsense, straight forward, and unwilling to play "games" approach.

He didn't become the "GO TO" Judge for trouble cases by turning a blind eye.

Maybe JB should have tried to say that they indicate he committed a crime and since he'll want to plead the fifth anything he says can't be used against him. Makes a lot more sense than what he's trying now.

Maybe JB should have tried to say that they indicate he committed a crime and since he'll want to plead the fifth anything he says can't be used against him. Makes a lot more sense than what he's trying now.

You're right! What will the circus do if their ringleader is taken away?

I thought the prosecutors made it pretty clear at the hearing on the defendant's motion to throw out the death penalty that they intend to argue that Caylee was smothered with several pieces of duct tape while Caylee's hands were restrained with a separate piece of duct tape.

--repsectfully snipped; BBM

I do believe I have heard this theory before somewhere... ;)

Best sleuthing thread ever.

AZ, take a bow! Darn, we're good. lol
icecream.gif

I don't give any inmates as much credibility as I do non incarcerated folks. That said, I am unsure if I believe Inmate Maya and the other one (whose name I forget). I do know that of the three I have heard from so far, Inmate Lundsford is the LEAST credible to me. The fact that she keeps popping up and inserting herself into case after case is distasteful and telling to me. Maya, I tend to give her statement a tad bit (but only a tad bit) more weight.

She knows right from wrong and turned her own self in for the murder she participated in. From what I understand, police hadn't even connected her to the crime yet. This tells me she has a conscience and quite possibly a heart.

This lundsford chick is all about getting a little extra attention and trying to wrangle some advantage for herself. Zero credibility in my book.

Bold mine.

ITA with you...but maybe Lundsford is hoping to get some money $$$ to buy some more "gounds." LOL! :crazy:

Given that HHJP so gracefully "reminded" JB at least 3-4 times to "bear in mind".......he appears to demonstrate a no nonsense, straight forward, and unwilling to play "games" approach.

He didn't become the "GO TO" Judge for trouble cases by turning a blind eye.

heck I'd venture a guess that HHJP seems to know more about the arguements at stake then the defense.....:blushing:---I'm sure that is why he can confidently say "bear in mind".......

:crazy:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-phone-call-20100716,0,4788696.story

In his motion, Baez said he received a call from someone in May who said she was an ex-inmate at Lowell Correctional Institution, and that she has a friend who has conspired with a woman named Maya Derkovic to create a lie about Casey Anthony — whom she knew from the Orange County Jail.

Later that same day, his secretary said an inmate named Robin Lunceford was trying to reach him. The call was transferred to his cell phone, and Baez said he engaged in a conversation with "the prospective witness." In his motion, Baez said he learned the call was from a correctional institution, but he "was never made aware that the call was being recorded ..."

If a person doesn't know he or she is being recorded, it may be considered an illegal recording. In his filing, Baez said that not all calls coming from prisons are recorded, suggesting that some might even come from "contraband cell phones."

Huh? :waitasec: Mr Baez thought she may be calling from a contraband cell phone (a clear violation of the rules) and still he talked with her? Really?

Kinda blows that "officer of the court" theory down the drain....don't ya think????? HOW many "cookie jars can he put his hand in without geting in major trouble....some of the things that have gone on with this case....myohmy!!!!!!:banghead:--does make one wonder about AL and her departure.....but then again......it will probably be considered "work product" :sick: yet again...after all this is a "special case" and he is "fighting for Ms. A life"......

Also in stating that he didn't know it was recorded and went on to the illegal phones in jails...makes one wonder if HIS CLIENT has used one? Also doesn't make one look good when after all hasn't he stated he is speaking the "truth"----:furious:

But then again since that mean no nonsense Judge has taken over he has been requried to actually work and prove it...so that could have been a stumbling block.....:banghead:

You're right! What will the circus do if their ringleader is taken away?

Hopefully, they will fold up their tents and slip quietly away into the night - after pleading KC guilty on all charges!

Not gonna happen, but it's a lovely thought, isn't it?

Hopefully, they will fold up their tents and slip quietly away into the night - after pleading KC guilty on all charges!

Not gonna happen, but it's a lovely thought, isn't it?

There will be another ring leader in the back ground....again delay, delay and more delays......:loser: I often ponder if that Janey W. would step up....

:crazy:

Kinda blows that "officer of the court" theory down the drain....don't ya think????? HOW many "cookie jars can he put his hand in without geting in major trouble....some of the things that have gone on with this case....myohmy!!!!!!:banghead:--does make one wonder about AL and her departure.....but then again......it will probably be considered "work product" :sick: yet again...after all this is a "special case" and he is "fighting for Ms. A life"......

Also in stating that he didn't know it was recorded and went on to the illegal phones in jails...makes one wonder if HIS CLIENT has used one? Also doesn't make one look good when after all hasn't he stated he is speaking the "truth"----:furious:

But then again since that mean no nonsense Judge has taken over he has been requried to actually work and prove it...so that could have been a stumbling block.....:banghead:

You are making me laugh! That is four or five yet again's and three also's - but I think Mr. Baez is going to get back only ONE "Bear In Mind" from HHJP .:croc:

I hate to say this, but on appeal you'd have to believe that a strong argument can be made for a new trial based on ineffective counsel. JMO

That's not a joke I'm being serious.

Then there is the argument that there is so much evidence against KC that no matter what defense has tried to do they still can't pull that rabbit out of a hat. We may not like the way things are being handled by defense but then what have they got to work with???? jmo

The level of proof needed in a death penalty case is so high that I can easily see ineffective counsel being a legitimate reason for another go at the sentencing phase. JMO

The level of proof needed in a death penalty case is so high that I can easily see ineffective counsel being a legitimate reason for another go at the sentencing phase. JMO
I have had those same thoughts about appeals and ineffective counsel. BUT, in my opinion, ICA has no hopes of ever seeing the light of day no matter how many times they try her. You know, if she was thrown into general popluation, then we wouldn't have to worry about it even making it to the sentencing phase. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966