2010.07.15 Hearing Ruling

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who could not watch, this was KC's expression during most of the hearing, including all of CA's testimony. She did shed a few tears when Lee got on the stand
Casey-court-7-15-10.jpg

Casey was not a happy camper today. There were a number of times when she picked up a pen and wrote on a piece of legal paper and passed it to CM. She did this frequently during Cindy's testimony, and only once or twice during Lee's. Obviously she disagreed with some of the testimony.

Hopefully we get to see them slap the shackles back on her ankles while she just stands there.

For me, that would be more humiliating than walking around in them.

Nutty~~~~she did not trip in the courtroom.

That's right. too bad she tripped in the elevator, doesn't give her any more 'special' treatment than any other inmate who has also tripped while in their shackles. So entirely sick of these people thinking that this 'person' should get any special consideration above and beyond all other's in the system.

Enough already. Besides, if the judge does allow ICA this liberty, he will have to allow all other's regardless if they fell, since JB said specifically she was "uncomfortable" in them. (imo she deserves NO comfort for the rest of her life!)

A funny thought.

When LDB was discussing Cindy's use of the word "pungent"...she explained that garlic, onions, BO may be pungent but that dead body is quite different.

Wonder if the onions and garlic comment was made based upon one of the defense team commenting on Onion breath at a hearing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. Anyone recall that????

THe B.O. comment.........hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Off to look for references. I KNOW I AM NOT NUTS.

I do vaguely remember someone making a snide remark about onion breath. Was CM somehow involved? IDK.

LDB could have been making a reference to vampires. I hear garlic keeps them away. :waitasec:

I'm still waiting for the local channels to put up the video for the after hearing interviews that Baez and Mason gave.
Maybe they just left with their tails between their legs and declined comment this time? :nyah:

WOW!

I fed puppy, took a powder room break made iced coffee and now I'm 10 pages behind every one. Phew!

I will say if JB and CM are the best that ICA could find to defened her she is in some serious trouble.....I can only imagine how bad it will be when they are actually at trial.

I was happy for 30 seconds and now I am crying again. the trial is gonna whoop my @ss.

no matter what team caylee wins it will never bring her back.

I hate it.

----------------------
I agree goldfish i feel Caylee is smiling down.At last she knows people love her and will fight for her rights.:angel:

The last witness, Debbie, Cindy's supervisor seemed very nervous and distraught that she had to testify. She did state that Cindy and George both smelled the car and knew it was the smell of decomposition. Her testimony was in opposition to Cindy's claim. I wonder what the defense goal was in calling Debbie to testify?

I also wondered why the defense wanted her. All of her answers supported the state. She appeared to be answering painfully, but truthfully.

I hated watching KC's expressions during her mother's testimony. She was obviously upset about it. She kept pursing her lips. She did this quite often during Lee's testimony as well. Her eyes are really frighteningly cold. I would be afraid if I had to testify against KC.

I thought it was distressing to watch CA's supervisor testify. She was so sad and so upset about having to be there. She didn't even glance in the direction of the defense table. She's probably afraid of KC as well. I thought she was quite forthright. She smiled when she was finished - a smile of relief. For now. She was a great witness for the STATE. Thanks, defense, for calling her!

Lastly, I really want to know what KC was so furiously scribbling on her little yellow legal pad (did you all see JB basically tell her to write things down prior to the hearing because of the microphones being on?). Wish we could see that written equivalent to a temper tantrum.

WOW!

I fed puppy, took a powder room break made iced coffee and now I'm 10 pages behind every one. Phew!

I thought I'd have another Heart attack! I lost cnn right in the beginning,the other sites were all "going nuts",couldn't get into webleuths,over 600 on line, thank God for all the good people taking notes.I didnt even get to see Lee.Did anyone see kc. look towards G.?

she can have shackles removed while in court but right back on when they leave court.

Did he actually rule? I believe JB brought this up before HHJS and the jail said no. If they do it for her, they will have to do it for everyone. Anyone remember?????

respectfully snipped:

I didnt think the calls would be excluded, nor do I think that it makes much of a difference if the jury hears them. Just my opinion of course :)

I would have agreed with you up until 10 minutes ago when I went back and listened to call number 3 again. It is very telling. It is a full color picture of how everyone's state of mind was on that night. It is the most genuine we ever saw CA or most likely ever will in the future. And then KC gets on the phone. She almost sounds irritated for having been bothered by the call. She acts belligerent and doesn't want to answer the questions...you can hear her fabricating the story in her head as she goes along. That's why the State did such a great job arguing today. The calls establish the situation and state of mind and caused KC to start spinning her web of lies. The jury will find the third call distressing and shocking when they hear cold hearted KC tell about her missing child as though Caylee was a shoe she had lost.

IMO of course :eek:)

I thought I'd have another Heart attack! I lost cnn right in the beginning,the other sites were all "going nuts",couldn't get into webleuths,over 600 on line, thank God for all the good people taking notes.I didnt even get to see Lee.Did anyone see kc. look towards G.?

I didn't get to see Lee either...my internet connection decided to get stupid because of the weather...

While I did not see Lee (am waiting for video later) I did read.

I have to say Cindy and Lee are either terrified of KC, or just plain hoping no more family secrets come out, or lies. They do not understand that when sentencing phase comes, mitigation is stated in open Court with these National cameras capturing it forever to be replayed. KC will not give them an out. She really cannot afford to.

Or, they just are a family that plays together stays together. (Change plays and stays to lies.) Most of the truth was there, but trying to befuddle truth does not hold water in Court. Jurors do not like it.

I feel sorry for them a bit. They are all intertwined in some way that cannot let them break free.

They all have a malignant arrogance in common. Laws, ethics, rules of civilized behavior and obviously dress codes do not in their eyes, apply to them.

I didn't get to see Lee either...my internet connection decided to get stupid because of the weather...

Mine too! I was losing it there for a minute, until (of course!) one of my kids had to fix and reset my connection. Florida weather in the afternoons! Sheesh!

Did he actually rule? I believe JB brought this up before HHJS and the jail said no. If they do it for her, they will have to do it for everyone. Anyone remember?????

LambChop - what *I* heard was that the judge said, IF BIG IF he grants the request that it would be ONLY in the courtroom. But, he also told JB to write a motion and to also notify the institutions involved (so they can file objections!) and he will take a look. HE DIDN"T RULE or I am going crazy - which is possible!

I also wondered why the defense wanted her. All of her answers supported the state. She appeared to be answering painfully, but truthfully.

I know...I felt so sorry for that lady. I am so glad she has values and morals. I sure hope come trial time we will see more people like her. Bless her. I sure hope she is alright.

I just have to say, I find CM humor (even when relayed to deaf ears in court by JB) more offensive than anything I have seen on THIS site. JMHO.

Purple Iris,

I too had connection problems with every single site I went to. I think half the world was watching this hearing. Not just the folks who have invested 2 years on this case waiting for justice.

Never had a problem until this hearing.

Don't know if this might have caused this but there was extremely bad weather over central FL during the last half, hail warning, lightening, rain winds up 59MPH. I think that might have messed up some of the satellite feeds, know it interfered with my DirecTV signal.

I just have to say, I find CM humor (even when relayed to deaf ears in court by JB) more offensive than anything I have seen on THIS site. JMHO.

But he can quote case law which Baez struggles with every time he tries (which isn't much).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltPetals