2010.08.06 - Tommy gets 15 years!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Exactly! Tommy even admitted this in a taped phone conversation with his dad.
I don't remember the exact conversation, (think it was with his mom), when Tommy found out that a search was going on, the media was involved, Misty was down there...he freaked. & it was my impression then, that he had come up with a story & a plan, & expected LE to follow his instructions. Hearing his reaction, when he found out that he wasn't the one in control, was very telling. He tried to blame it on fear of Joe, but IMO, that didn't wash. It's MOO, that he knew his story was convoluted & risky, & that there could be no room for questions, or deviation from his instructions...& when he found out there were...well, he couldn't turn back.

WOW...great catch. Not a POI, but a suspect. Wonder if that was said to send a messge or merely a slip of the tongue. Whichever it was, it certainly isn't something we haven't felt all along...JMO

I'm not buying the Tommy did it! Not yet anyways! I think it was a slip of the tongue JMO

I'm not buying the Tommy did it! Not yet anyways! I think it was a slip of the tongue JMO

Please forgive me...after re-reading my post, I don't think it was very clear. I was only trying to point out that IMO many have felt Tommy has been a suspect since he placed himself at the mh that night...not that many felt he was guilty of harming HaLeigh. Again, my apologies for any misunderstanding. :blushing:

Tommy is a suspect in the Haleigh Cummings case.

I'm just repeating that out loud (as I type) so it seems more real.

Tommy is a suspect. Tommy is a suspect. Tommy is a suspect...Misty is the key...Ron is ...

:waitasec:

Stay Tuned.

until he comes up with a more convincing story, I'm buying it. Tommy had a chance yesterday, to come clean on his lieing & explain why he lied. But he didn't...& my guess, is that when he was 'cooperating' with LE, he gave up some real information, that led to some real evidence. So, where at an earlier time, he was trying to back away from the Joe story, he has now, had to get back on it-because how else could he explain, having real information? Either he was originally & now once again, telling the truth, or he's covering for himself, & trying to set-up Joe. What makes this harder, I'm sure, is that Joe probably was involved, to some extent. Now, if he & Tommy were pretty equal in their participation, I can see why he's not speaking up, because a good lawyer would insist that he keep quiet. But if Joe, only helped in the disposal or cover-up, he needs to man up, come clean, & accept his punishment. & just for the record, I feel strongly that Tommy wouldn't cover for Misty or Ron, & I feel just as strongly that Joe wouldn't either. The only thing that makes sense, is that they're covering for themselves. Also, I would think that Lewis & the rest of them, would be very very careful, in not slipping up with words like SUSPECT. He would have corrected himself, by now. (I think). & as always, MOO. & if it was a slip, & he did make a correction, that alone, IMO, would be more than enough to win an appeal. too damaging. So, I think they're gonna stand behind that word.

I don't remember the exact conversation, (think it was with his mom), when Tommy found out that a search was going on, the media was involved, Misty was down there...he freaked. & it was my impression then, that he had come up with a story & a plan, & expected LE to follow his instructions. Hearing his reaction, when he found out that he wasn't the one in control, was very telling. He tried to blame it on fear of Joe, but IMO, that didn't wash. It's MOO, that he knew his story was convoluted & risky, & that there could be no room for questions, or deviation from his instructions...& when he found out there were...well, he couldn't turn back.

I was going to delete my post because I cannot find the tape I was referring to. I wanted to link to it. Anyway, I remember the conversation. TC said he did what he had to do and couldn't say any more about it [because the conversation was being recorded]. But I can' find the tape now, and it appears to be too late for me to edit or delete my post. Just wanted to say, I tried. :innocent:

until he comes up with a more convincing story, I'm buying it. Tommy had a chance yesterday, to come clean on his lieing & explain why he lied. But he didn't...& my guess, is that when he was 'cooperating' with LE, he gave up some real information, that led to some real evidence. So, where at an earlier time, he was trying to back away from the Joe story, he has now, had to get back on it-because how else could he explain, having real information? Either he was originally & now once again, telling the truth, or he's covering for himself, & trying to set-up Joe. What makes this harder, I'm sure, is that Joe probably was involved, to some extent. Now, if he & Tommy were pretty equal in their participation, I can see why he's not speaking up, because a good lawyer would insist that he keep quiet. But if Joe, only helped in the disposal or cover-up, he needs to man up, come clean, & accept his punishment. & just for the record, I feel strongly that Tommy wouldn't cover for Misty or Ron, & I feel just as strongly that Joe wouldn't either. The only thing that makes sense, is that they're covering for themselves. Also, I would think that Lewis & the rest of them, would be very very careful, in not slipping up with words like SUSPECT. He would have corrected himself, by now. (I think). & as always, MOO. & if it was a slip, & he did make a correction, that alone, IMO, would be more than enough to win an appeal. too damaging. So, I think they're gonna stand behind that word.

BBM

I am not of the opinion that it was a slip of the tongue, either, Dodie. Lewis, being from the prosecuter's office, IMHO, is very well aware of what he should or should not say in court about HaLeigh's case, especially since the case he was prosecuting was for drugs and not HaLeigh. This isn't this man's first rodeo.

Of course, all of this is JMO...

WOW...great catch. Not a POI, but a suspect. Wonder if that was said to send a messge or merely a slip of the tongue. Whichever it was, it certainly isn't something we haven't felt all along...JMO

It wasn't a slip of the tongue. It was a statement made directly to the Judge by the State Attorney.

It wasn't a slip of the tongue. It was a statement made directly to the Judge by the State Attorney.

KSH, Do people there still feel Ron and Misty is a suspect? They did say a few months back that they have several POI.

I wish I could have seen TC's face when the SA called him a suspect.

Me too. I had planned to be there but, like I posted earlier, spending time with my grandson was an opportunity I wouldn't pass up. However, you can bet I will be in that courtroom next Friday for RC's hearing.

I would rather have been looking at his dad's face. I've had my suspicions that Hank has been manipulating Misty into covering for Tommy, so I'm curious to see how he's holding up. Not that I'm necessarily putting Hank down, it's just... I don't really know...I guess no parent wants to look at this kind of possibility, so it's easier to live in denial.

Lindsey saying early on that this family wasn't killers, Tommy putting himself at the trailer door, & ratting out Misty for not being home, Misty accusing Tommy of 'messing' with her when she was younger, & calling him a crackhead who knew a lot hiding spots, Tommy saying that Misty thought she was helping him, but wasn't, so she needed to keep his name out of her mouth, Tommy not wanting to go to GP, & complaining that the inmates were taunting him & calling him names, Hank seeming vaguely surprised by this, Tommy failing a LDT, Tommy putting himself in the trailer , seeing a dead Haleigh, Tommy putting himself at the dump site, Hank pressuring Misty to love her brother, LE threatening Tommy with murder charges, Hank coming out that he was also on the fishing trip, that implicated Joe, LE naming Tommy a suspect...& these are just a few things we know. There's no telling what else LE has.

My mind is reeling. Tommy's been named a suspect, & for me anyway, the magnitude is finally sinking in.

Whoa! There goes those nice relations Werter was enjoying with the SA's office. :D

Brace yourselves and add another ring to the PC Haleigh case circus.

Which ring do they think they will find Haleigh in, I wonder?

Hey, we are going to have to set up a huge tent to cover all the rings in this circus.

you are so right..sorry

8/20 Ronald.... and marching on .... Misty 8/23

Yep, but being the coward he is, we have to wait until after Misty is in court until we get to see what Ron is sentenced. He seems to have a bit of pull when it comes to the SA.

My bet is that Ron will seek another plea deal delay so that he can go last. Bet on it.

I truly think you are right! Being the coward that he is, Ron will make sure that he is last so he can see what Misty comes up with. He is a real piece of work, that Ron..............

They better give rc some years too! I just don't expect him to get over 3yrs and that makes me mad!!!!! He is the one with all the previous drug charges that he has never served time for!!

I'm going to venture this, littebudot, if Ron does not get a sentence to match his charges, then I will demand that an investigation be held for Putnam County and the State Attorney's office. His sentence if not fair, will show without a doubt the corruption in Putnam Countey.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back