2010.08.06 - Tommy gets 15 years!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
KSH, Do people there still feel Ron and Misty is a suspect? They did say a few months back that they have several POI.

FWIW, I feel that Ron is the main suspect, with Misty and her brothers as accessories and Ron's Mother and Grandmother was accessories. Yep, that's the way I see it.

Have I got it all wrong all this time? I've always thought that any "deals" were made with the charged suspects who were charged with the lessor charges. Why in heck are the deals being negotiated with the next to the top charged perp? Ron runs a close second to Misty's charges, why is a deal being negotiated with him? :waitasec: How in heck can he testify against someone with less charges than him???????? This just really stinks to me.

FWIW, I still consider Ron the main suspect with a few people with accessory after the fact.

Yep, that's the way I see it too, Lone. If Tommy is a suspect, IMO, he's just one of several. The fact the I feel Ron is somehow responsible for what happened to Haleigh and now we hear that Tommy is a suspect...well....That tells me that Ron and at least one of the Croslins, Tommy, were partners in this crime.
Think about the phone call from Ron to Tommy the night of Feb. 9
Think about Tommy showing up at Ron's mh shortly after that phone call
think about the confusion over what the phone conversation was about
Think about the blue van
Think about the dead rat in the mailbox...

just to name a few.

IMO, the Croslins were sent up from the get go, wonder who came up with that idea?

JMO of course

BBM

ITA, Dodie! But what I can't get my head around is Ron making a deal in the first place. What has he got to deal with? IMO, LE doesn't need him in Misty's drug case and how can he agree to testify against her if Haleigh's case ever comes to trial without implicating himself by withholding information for all this time? I'm just so confused by this. :confused: :banghead:

Confused? Don't be. I think a better word, Maia, is unbelievable. The only person I've heard talking about a super-duper deal for Ron is his own attorney. I think we have to take a seat and wait until D Day. Then we will see if Ron comes out of this with a smirk on his face or will there be egg on his attorney's face.
I am counting the days. It can't come soon enough.
jmo

FWIW, I feel that Ron is the main suspect, with Misty and her brothers as accessories and Ron's Mother and Grandmother was accessories. Yep, that's the way I see it.

Yep, that's the way I see it too, Lone. If Tommy is a suspect, IMO, he's just one of several. The fact the I feel Ron is somehow responsible for what happened to Haleigh and now we hear that Tommy is a suspect...well....That tells me that Ron and at least one of the Croslins, Tommy, were partners in this crime.
Think about the blue van

just to name a few.

IMO, the Croslins were sent up from the get go, wonder who came up with that idea?

JMO of course

I've had many theories as to who, what and where regarding this case, but this is the one I keep coming back to because of the Cummings (RC & TN) wanting the Croslins at the MH that night. TN trying to get MC to babysit and RC wanting ToC to go check on MC. But, do we really know that MC was there babysitting? Do we really know where she was when she and RC supposedly had a fight on the phone around 8 or 8:30 that night? Maybe she wasn't there and told RC she wasn't babysitting and that's what the fight was about. Maybe MC just told LE she was there because she felt guilty that something had happened to HaLeigh and she wasn't there to protect her. Then RC calls ToC to place him there. Maybe MC didn't arrive until around 2am (when the neighbor saw her outside on the phone crying) and discovered whatever had happened. I don't think we'll know who she was calling until something breaks in this case and the info is made public but IMO LE knows.

I know...I'm all over the place with this but, the bottom line is, I feel strongly that RC was responsible, either directly or indirectly and the Croslins were being set up to take the fall.

All JMO

FWIW, I still consider Ron the main suspect with a few people with accessory after the fact.

And I dont get why anyone is shocked Tommy is a suspect. All the suspects as far as I am concerned are all in jail, its been obvious, and Ron being on 900k bond should really be a big indication hes a suspect in what happened to his daughter.

And its laughable that Ron thinks hes getting 15 years, I cant wait until hes slapped with 50 years, I really cant. jmo

Just to what lengths would one go … to fake an abduction (perhaps), to steal a child from a parent (perhaps), to cover-up an accidental death (perhaps), to set-up and frame an innocent family (perhaps) - what kind of a person would do such a thing?

I would rather have been looking at his dad's face. I've had my suspicions that Hank has been manipulating Misty into covering for Tommy, so I'm curious to see how he's holding up. Not that I'm necessarily putting Hank down, it's just... I don't really know...I guess no parent wants to look at this kind of possibility, so it's easier to live in denial.

But then there are times when Hank Sr.'s conversations can be taken as wanting to protect his little Misty. I dunno, but I cant help but truly feel that (although he is definitely not father of the year material) his pain for both of his children is truly genuine. Even with these latest charges against him- I have a soft spot in my heart for him and I cant quite pinpoint why...

But then there are times when Hank Sr.'s conversations can be taken as wanting to protect his little Misty. I dunno, but I cant help but truly feel that (although he is definitely not father of the year material) his pain for both of his children is truly genuine. Even with these latest charges against him- I have a soft spot in my heart for him and I cant quite pinpoint why...

One thing about him, is he is honest, and admits they are stupid, which to me is endearing. I believe he was in the hospital the night Haleigh went missing and didn't do anything to her, and thats all I care about, he is married to a drug addict and that has to impact him as well, they probably enable each other, and the guilt he must have for showing his kids this lifestyle has to burden him. Then he has to deal with two of his kids at LEAST, are covering up for what happened to Haleigh, and if these "kids" are like talking to stones to investigators, I am sure they can fool him, but he knows deep down. Oh the tangled webs they weaved!

One thing about him, is he is honest, and admits they are stupid, which to me is endearing. I believe he was in the hospital the night Haleigh went missing and didn't do anything to her, and thats all I care about, he is married to a drug addict and that has to impact him as well, they probably enable each other, and the guilt he must have for showing his kids this lifestyle has to burden him. Then he has to deal with two of his kids at LEAST, are covering up for what happened to Haleigh, and if these "kids" are like talking to stones to investigators, I am sure they can fool him, but he knows deep down. Oh the tangled webs they weaved!

Exactly. And you know.. it takes a lot of guts to raise your right hand and tell the world that you were a drug addict and failed as a parent. While most people might try to paint a white picket fence, HS admits his faults and openly blames himself for the road his children are driving on. I see his pain behind those sunglasses. IMO, he's the only person in this whole circus that isn't pained/crying about himself.

My feelings for the Croslins are mixed, but I have to admit that my soft spot is for Misty. I can't help but see the kid in her. I can feel Hank's pain, but I got the impression that he was using Misty, to save Tommy. & I didn't appreciate that. I don't think Hank knows for sure what happened, but he knows his son better than we do, & I'm assuming that he was scared for him. Misty may be involved herself, but maybe she's young enough, in Hank's eyes, to be spared the death penalty? so he's more worried about Tommy? IDK, but when I think of their childhood, I get really mad at Hank & Lisa. & although I feel for Hank, Lisa leaves me cold. like Tommy. I haven't seen her show any true emotion for anybody. not Haleigh, not Misty, not Tommy. She's just there. I guess that's what years of drugs can do to you. & when this is finally over, I fully expect to see Timmy arrested for something. & then what will this splintered family do? I remember a recording between Tommy & Lindsey, where they were discussing Timmy, moving back. Lindsey seemed to think he wanted to, but Tommy, (& very smugly, IMO), was confident that he wouldn't. So, I wonder what made Tommy, so sure?

I've had many theories as to who, what and where regarding this case, but this is the one I keep coming back to because of the Cummings (RC & TN) wanting the Croslins at the MH that night. TN trying to get MC to babysit and RC wanting ToC to go check on MC. But, do we really know that MC was there babysitting? Do we really know where she was when she and RC supposedly had a fight on the phone around 8 or 8:30 that night? Maybe she wasn't there and told RC she wasn't babysitting and that's what the fight was about. Maybe MC just told LE she was there because she felt guilty that something had happened to HaLeigh and she wasn't there to protect her. Then RC calls ToC to place him there. Maybe MC didn't arrive until around 2am (when the neighbor saw her outside on the phone crying) and discovered whatever had happened. I don't think we'll know who she was calling until something breaks in this case and the info is made public but IMO LE knows.

I know...I'm all over the place with this but, the bottom line is, I feel strongly that RC was responsible, either directly or indirectly and the Croslins were being set up to take the fall.

All JMO
This is just an opinion, & I could be wrong, but I think TN wanting Misty to babysit, may have been pretty simple. TN just didn't want to babysit, & she knew Ron wanted Misty home, so she ran interference. or if we're to believe GMFlo, Misty asked TN to babysit, & she refused. either way, TN didn't want to watch her grandkids, & deliberately left them with a, (insert the adjectives), teenager. I can see why TN wouldn't have wanted that information, made public. It's not flattering. & when I heard that Misty hadn't even wanted to babysit, it was my impression, that she was resentful, after the fact. kind of a 'if somebody woulda just listened to me, none of this woulda happened' thing. IDK, but that was my interpretation.

My feelings for the Croslins are mixed, but I have to admit that my soft spot is for Misty. I can't help but see the kid in her. I can feel Hank's pain, but I got the impression that he was using Misty, to save Tommy. & I didn't appreciate that. I don't think Hank knows for sure what happened, but he knows his son better than we do, & I'm assuming that he was scared for him. Misty may be involved herself, but maybe she's young enough, in Hank's eyes, to be spared the death penalty? so he's more worried about Tommy? IDK, but when I think of their childhood, I get really mad at Hank & Lisa. & although I feel for Hank, Lisa leaves me cold. like Tommy. I haven't seen her show any true emotion for anybody. not Haleigh, not Misty, not Tommy. She's just there. I guess that's what years of drugs can do to you. & when this is finally over, I fully expect to see Timmy arrested for something. & then what will this splintered family do? I remember a recording between Tommy & Lindsey, where they were discussing Timmy, moving back. Lindsey seemed to think he wanted to, but Tommy, (& very smugly, IMO), was confident that he wouldn't. So, I wonder what made Tommy, so sure?

There was a time when I did feel somewhat sorry for Misty, but not anymore...Eventhough I do not think she is the one responsible for whatever happened to Haleigh, she knows what happened and she knows damn well her brother Tommy and cousin Jo did not do it...She has put her OWN family through HELL-O in order to protect Ronald Cummings, his mother and his grandmother...
And yes, I realize her brother Tommy is an effin mess from all the drugs, but he did not harm Haleigh and she knows it..
IMHO.. None of the Croslins are responsilbe for whatever happened to Haleigh, and she knows it eventhough I suspect they came to her rescue when she called them after her beloved Ronald was advised by his mother and his grandmother to high tail it out of there and get to work so he could cover his own azz...
Misty should be ashamed of herself...JMO

Yep, but being the coward he is, we have to wait until after Misty is in court until we get to see what Ron is sentenced. He seems to have a bit of pull when it comes to the SA.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya think? And I suspect we'll be saying the same in reference to the judge too...JMO

Think about the blue van

just to name a few.

JMO of course

I see three..
Teresa Neves
Annette Sykes
Ronald Cummings

JMHOOTS

PS......the sheriff's own son was arrested on drug dealing.....but somehow that's been a very quiet story, hasn't it? I wonder why?

Drugs affect lots of family, and especially in the area of the world Ron and all of them live. I am not sure what else is supposed to be done with the Sheriffs son, wasn't the mug shot and sitting in jail a month until he was bailed pretty standard? I mean if there was any special treatment with the son I am sure he never would have been arrested in the first place, I think hes being treated like every other drug arrest, I dont see why he should get any more exposure, pretty sure he doesn't have a missing child.

So, the judge gave his reason for sentencing Tommy to 15 years.

"LaRue said that The only connection was that Hank Jr. continued to deal drugs as an intense investigation was going on to solve Haleigh's disappearance."

Well, Ron C., Haleigh's father has done the exact same thing except has more charges and more than the 5.1 grams of pills that Tommy had.
It is going to be interesting to see how this judge views Ron's activities following the disappearance of his little girl. I also wonder if the judge will consider Ron's other bad behaviour during this intense investigation in the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings. If I could legitimately place a bet, I would bet that Ron isn't going to see more than 15 years on his charges. His past arrest record and charges have shown us that justice for some people is different. I think that the letter from GGMS, IMO, expounds on Ron's enormous grief and that he is acting due to his pain and suffering. It is too bad that Ron's previous history will most likely not even be considered. I agree with you that the judge took Tommy's case personally. IMO Tommy was sentenced based upon the lies and costs and the egg on LE's face for the search conducted at the Shell Harbor Boat Ramp. Yes, Tommy should have to pay for dealing drugs. Now, I want to see what Mr. Cummings receives.

[BBM]

I'm anxious to see if this same statement is used when LaRue sentences RC, the FATHER of the missing child. It should apply even more so to him!

Confused? Don't be. I think a better word, Maia, is unbelievable. The only person I've heard talking about a super-duper deal for Ron is his own attorney. I think we have to take a seat and wait until D Day. Then we will see if Ron comes out of this with a smirk on his face or will there be egg on his attorney's face.
I am counting the days. It can't come soon enough.
jmo

Well AZ, some type of super-duper deal is in the works because where are Ron's two 25 minimum mandatory charges? It looks like they've already been reduced to 15 minimum mandatory charges.

There was a time when I did feel somewhat sorry for Misty, but not anymore...Eventhough I do not think she is the one responsible for whatever happened to Haleigh, she knows what happened and she knows damn well her brother Tommy and cousin Jo did not do it...She has put her OWN family through HELL-O in order to protect Ronald Cummings, his mother and his grandmother...
And yes, I realize her brother Tommy is an effin mess from all the drugs, but he did not harm Haleigh and she knows it..
IMHO.. None of the Croslins are responsilbe for whatever happened to Haleigh, and she knows it eventhough I suspect they came to her rescue when she called them after her beloved Ronald was advised by his mother and his grandmother to high tail it out of there and get to work so he could cover his own azz...
Misty should be ashamed of herself...JMO
I've based some of my theories on the recorded jail conversations, but I know they were redacted, so what we've heard, isn't the full story. I also realize that as far as calls go, we've got nothing from Ron, & that's not fair to the others. It puts him at a HUGE advantage, as far as a presumption of innocence goes. So, even though I try to keep an open mind, a few things have jumped out at me, & they don't look good for Tommy. which really surprised me, because when he was 1st arrested, I thought he was the weakest & would crack, but for reasons other than being the perp. I thought he was probably the biggest addict, & a very minor player in the Haleigh case, & would cut a deal to rat out Ron & Misty-so he could get home, do his drugs, & be left out of his sister's mess. But that didn't happen. Instead, he put himself right smack dab in the middle of everything. & if he wasn't involved, then well...he's crazy, because the only thing pointing to Tommy being set up, is Tommy setting himself up. I don't know who killed Haleigh, but I'm leaning towards Tommy, because his own tales & because the admittedly redacted & biassed recordings, seem to be pointing in that direction. But, as things are now unfolding, Ron & Misty are gonna be the last 2 standing, & I think there's a design for that. I think LE knows there is more to this story than just Tommy and or Joe. & when it's just Ron & Misty left, I think we might get to the real heart of what happened that night. It's like, & this is just my impression, that LE designed the order of ellimination, by importance, & it's coming down to Ron & Misty. Donna Brock, IMO, isn't a part of this equation, & I do hope that a judge shows her some mercy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back