2010.08.06 - Tommy gets 15 years!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is the link to the audio of this jailhouse phone conversation:

http://audio.thesky973.com/m/audio/31299715/file-1-tommy-hc1.htm?pageid=28469

I just relistened to this tape and nowhere on this tape do I hear that Tommy saw Ronald with Haleigh. I heard specifically that Tommy wasn't there when it happened, but that he saw that Joe had Haleigh in the van and that Joe doesn't know that he saw her. I've listened to a lot of tapes and nowhere have I heard that Tommy connected Ronald to this situation. I've heard on the tapes of Misty that LE should take a closer look at RC and family, but in this particular tape it's all about Joe period.

I just relistened to this tape and nowhere on this tape do I hear that Tommy saw Ronald with Haleigh. I heard specifically that Tommy wasn't there when it happened, but that he saw that Joe had Haleigh in the van and that Joe doesn't know that he saw her. I've listened to a lot of tapes and nowhere have I heard that Tommy connected Ronald to this situation. I've heard on the tapes of Misty that LE should take a closer look at RC and family, but in this particular tape it's all about Joe period.

Okay, I'll listen again and see if it still sounds like that to me. I have a hard time hearing exactly what they are saying on some of these audios, so I may have mis-heard! Also, it's hard to distinguish the voices sometimes, so I've had to back up and listen several times. Tommy definitely implies Joe in some of the later conversations, but he is very careful about what he says. He keeps repeating that he can't say anything. But if someone else says the thing he wants to get across, he'll then hint that they are right!
Thanks.

ETA: I just listened again and know why I got confused. They discussed the fight - or disagreement or whatever it was - between Ron & Joe over the gun & Joe said he'd get even. Then they started talking about how he'll get his due, etc., and that Tommy saw him with Haleigh but he didn't know that Tommy saw him, etc. I must have thought he was referring to Ron instead of Joe, but on re-listen, it's definitely Joe.

Ron willl thrive in jail. He is amongst friends (he thinks)...never seems to have had them before. He has finally found a place that will put controls on him..something he has yearned for his whole life. He doesnt have to accept responsibility, prison has low expectations for you and the place will take care of him....perfect for ron.

And, Whisperer you forgot to mention - Ron won't have any parential duties placed upon him now.

jmo

My opinion is the sentence was excessive for the crime. I also do not get the feeling that either Tommy or Misty is mean/vicious or hard hearted enough to kill a little girl. I know they are petty criminals, but killing a child is a whole other ball game.

Me, too. I hate drugs, hate what they do to people and families and society. But I would like to see more violent criminals put away for a long, long time and drug crimes be treated differently. Well, depending on the crime.

Tommy did a stupid thing (not really sure what he did as I never saw a video with him on it) but I don't think his stupidity should be punished by life in prison which is essentially what he got. I can't imagine looking at the next 15 years and knowing I would spend them locked up. I think I would consider suicide (don't tell anyone I said that).

Obviously if we learn that he had anything at all to do with Haleigh's disappearance I retract everything I just said. Murder is a whole different thing.

Me, too. I hate drugs, hate what they do to people and families and society. But I would like to see more violent criminals put away for a long, long time and drug crimes be treated differently. Well, depending on the crime.

Tommy did a stupid thing (not really sure what he did as I never saw a video with him on it) but I don't think his stupidity should be punished by life in prison which is essentially what he got. I can't imagine looking at the next 15 years and knowing I would spend them locked up. I think I would consider suicide (don't tell anyone I said that).

Obviously if we learn that he had anything at all to do with Haleigh's disappearance I retract everything I just said. Murder is a whole different thing.
It's kind of weird that you brought up suicide, because considering the unrelentless hounding these people have taken, I don't see how they've stayed intact. & that's whether they're innocent or guilty. Hank at times, sounds near that point, & Misty? I don't get her. This should've made her a wreck, but she's just kept on a truckn'. & after Tommy was sentenced, I wondered if he'd crack. literally. just crack like a windshield. But these people have a hardness, that I don't understand. It's like their hardness is what they're most proud of, & come hell or high water, & even if the truth will set them free, & all that jazz, they've gotta 'stay strong'. I seriously don't get it.

Dodie, I think Tommy has cracked or is on the verge. He is not going to handle this well..mo. He is way more sensitive than the others.

Misty, ron, hope.....they will be fine.

And....

Forgive me as I can't keep track anymore, but....

how many trafficking charges did Tommy have? One or three?

Tommy has 1 trafficking charge. Everything in bold is from his court dockets.

4-14 g which carries a 3 yr. min. man. sentence and a 30 yr. max. sentence.

02/03/2010 8 INFORMATION - TRAFFICKING IN OXYCODONE (4G - 14G)

06/03/2010 35 ADVISED OF MAX PENALTY 30YRS DOC &/OR $15000 FINE

As I was looking at his dockets I noticed the burg. and grand theft charges (soap, etc) has been dropped, case closed.

Case Status: CASE CLOSED

01/22/2010 1 BURGLARY OF DWELLING

01/22/2010 1 GRAND THEFT

08/10/2010 11 ANNOUNCEMENT OF NO INFORMATION TO ALL COUNTS

Tommy does not pull off the same personna that Hank Sr. does (poor me), he has said he has done plenty of sh** before and LE didn't pay any attention. When listening to the tapes, I got the impression he thought he was really going to pull this off. Looking at that last mug shot, he knows he can't do his time. He could confess to murder now - but would it be a true confession or would it be to spare Misty? If they get a confession from anybody, all of those caught on the drug bust should still receive fair sentences - but be provided rehab because sooner or later, they may be right back at it. But all of these court cases do not answer all of the questions as to what hours did RC work, what roles TN and AS play, and why has RC rec'd gentle treatment? We will get answers of some kind on the drug charges - the rest, I doubt we will ever know.

I hope they keep an eye on Tommy in prison. He said at one time that if he got 15 years he would not be able to handle it and would probably off himself. And that can happen even in prison where we might think people are watched constantly. The Craigslist killer committed suicide in jail.

I hope they keep an eye on Tommy in prison. He said at one time that if he got 15 years he would not be able to handle it and would probably off himself. And that can happen even in prison where we might think people are watched constantly. The Craigslist killer committed suicide in jail.
I live in a pretty small town, but we had a county jail suicide, just a week or so ago. supposedly hung himself with a ripped blanket, & another one, less than a year ago, supposedly used a telephone cord. It happens a lot...even here, so, I have no doubt, that where there's a will, there's a way.

My sister's best friend was an addict, & stayed in & out of trouble, & she told her that she would kill herself, before going to prison. Well, it looked like the judge had finally gotten tired of her, & was gonna send her off. But, & get this...she lay in that county jail, until just a few days before dieing of lung cancer. I don't guess she'd even told them that she was sick, or terminal, or anything. What a horror, to suffer like that. & except for 3rd world countries, where there is no choice, I've never heard of such a thing. & it's ironic, because not only did she die without ever going to the pen, (her wish), but when she needed her drugs the most, she did without. self punishment.

I want Tommy kept safe in prison because if he had nothing to do with Haleigh I do not want him to lose his life over a drug charge. And if he did harm Haleigh, I do not want him to die before telling the truth.

IMO Tommy has a chance on appeal. His counsel was woefully ineffective and that is the main reason appellate courts rule in an inmate's favor.

While I don't agree with all of your points, I do agree that Ron (like most people) yearn for limits, boundaries, expectations and consequences. I don't think anyone likes prison, or can thrive in it, as I understand that term, but evidently some people can acclimate and do their time.

We won't know how prison impacts Ron until he gets out. I think one reason Ron will survive prison is that he seems to be resilient. He seems to be realistic about his situation and that leaves some hope that he can learn from these consequences and perhaps come out and salvage some of his life, for his sake and his son's.

How the prison runs on a day to day basis makes a huge impact on the inmates. Remember when Joran van der sloot was arrested, he was initially placed in a prison where all the inmates were assigned a job and the correctional officers had no need to carry weapons because there were no riots. The inmates accepted one another and no one lived in fear. It was a tight knit community where everyone was respected and seemed quite happy serving their sentence. It didn't seem like a place where people were punished for their crimes.

Tommy has 1 trafficking charge. Everything in bold is from his court dockets.

4-14 g which carries a 3 yr. min. man. sentence and a 30 yr. max. sentence.

02/03/2010 8 INFORMATION - TRAFFICKING IN OXYCODONE (4G - 14G)

06/03/2010 35 ADVISED OF MAX PENALTY 30YRS DOC &/OR $15000 FINE

As I was looking at his dockets I noticed the burg. and grand theft charges (soap, etc) has been dropped, case closed.

Case Status: CASE CLOSED

01/22/2010 1 BURGLARY OF DWELLING

01/22/2010 1 GRAND THEFT

08/10/2010 11 ANNOUNCEMENT OF NO INFORMATION TO ALL COUNTS

Thank you for the update on Philip Markoff. Here is the link that talks about his suicide for anyone who's interested.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/world/2010/08/15/15031256.html

Hopefully Tommy will not consider committing suicide because of his children.

Do we have proof Tommy was trafficking drugs? I don't recall any videos or tapes being released showing he was trafficking....Maybe I was asleep when that proof was was revealed...Anyone else?

Umm obviously a judge felt there was proof, no?

My opinion is the sentence was excessive for the crime. I also do not get the feeling that either Tommy or Misty is mean/vicious or hard hearted enough to kill a little girl. I know they are petty criminals, but killing a child is a whole other ball game.

ITA but until the laws are changed this is the pattern we will continue seeing.. drug dealers spend more time in prison than child molesters.

Yes, Tommy was sentenced to 15 years for 1 traffic charge and a B&E,,,IMO he is a career criminal and deserved more..It is people like him who make people like me afraid in their own homes...To all those who think he should have been given a slap on the wrist obviously have never been tramatised by an inhome invasion.My best friend was in an almost to death showdown,,this affected me beyond anything I have experienced.....Tommy put his own children at risk of dying and who is to say his drug activity has NOT caused someones death...why do u think there are such high sentences for these offences. This whole family , probable 3 or 4 generations of them are outlaws in one form or another.....terrorising good decent people,,I have NO sympathy whatsoeva.

As far as IT being a differant ballgame, from being petty criminals to killing a child,,,let me tell u this, A person doing drugs are quite capable of killing anyone while they r on drugs....Why cant people understand a person doing drugs are NOT what the person really is when they are NOT on drugs....The low life creeps who tried to get into my BF's house one night while on drugs, were so strung out they were still hanging on the side of the kitchen window trying to get in to my frineds armed to the hilt when the police came screeming up the driveway with sirens blaring.....these creeps when they couldnt get in had gone to the barn and armed themselves with shovels picthforks, matchetes and the like to get into to kill my frineds while they were strung out. It was told in court they wanted more money to buy more drugs......I dont get it, why do people have so much sympathy for these bums and just flat out criminals, who have destroyed the very lives of their own children.....

As far as IT being a differant ballgame, from being petty criminals to killing a child,,,let me tell u this, A person doing drugs are quite capable of killing anyone while they r on drugs....Why cant people understand a person doing drugs are NOT what the person really is when they are NOT on drugs....The low life creeps who tried to get into my BF's house one night while on drugs, were so strung out they were still hanging on the side of the kitchen window trying to get in to my frineds armed to the hilt when the police came screeming up the driveway with sirens blaring.....these creeps when they couldnt get in had gone to the barn and armed themselves with shovels picthforks, matchetes and the like to get into to kill my frineds while they were strung out. It was told in court they wanted more money to buy more drugs......I dont get it, why do people have so much sympathy for these bums and just flat out criminals, who have destroyed the very lives of their own children.....

I know for a fact that Tommy Croslin does not have a missing child, and all the behavior you describe fits Ron Cummings to a Tee, oh and he also has a missing child. The Croslins went down hill as soon as Misty was exposed to Ronald. He has ruined so many lives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back