2010.08.17 - Croslin says she heard Haleigh Cummings attack

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lt. Johnny Greenwood, of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said Tuesday. "We don't know if the break in Haleigh's disappearance will come from behind bars or from the public."

"Everyone is considered a person of interest in Haleigh's disappearance except Crystal Sheffield and Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's parents," he added.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/24658375/detail.html

RC has a solid alibi. His time card from work, or the punching into work, proves where he was. No one can positively say where MC was. MC has changed her story umteen times and we are to take this last tale as gospel truth???

I'm not sure why folk want to implicate RC when he clearly is not a suspect, according to the Lt...JMHO

Where is HaLeigh!

the control thing...that's what I think is his defining characteristic.

Exactly! I don't believe Misty's story regarding JO and the attack against Haleigh. I also don't believe, nor have I ever believed the story of letting Haleigh sit on Ron's lap to drive the car home. The turn signals, blah, blah, blah. He was trying to create this loving mood for his story yet he spoke of her in the past tense from day one.

I DO believe Misty WAS under the covers with Junior and that there was screaming from Haleigh but I do not believe it was JO that was causing the screaming. I think it was Misty that picked up Haleigh at the bus stop that day. That she brought her home and probably got on the bad side of Ron for waking him although he needed to get himself ready for work. I think she was attacked by her father and it resulted in her death. I think it's possible that there was a call to Timmy's and someone from that house came over with the van and took her body out of that mobile home. Timmy was Ron's favorite between the two of Misty's brothers, so I would lean toward Ron trusting Timmy. I don't think Joe had anything to do with it but I do think that Misty would purposely lead the suspicion away from her brother by using JO to do that.

I've seen Misty deny all along that she's told all she knows. She even told her father she didn't know anymore. The story she told prior to now didn't have the details like this story does. All she seen was "3". Then it was, it seemed like a dream. Maybe there were 4 people. I can't remember......, blah, blah, blah. Later on, it came out through Flo H. that Haleigh had been hit with a board. That made my antennae go up but only because in this State, corporal punishment with the use of a board with airholes punched in it were at one time the norm for an unruly child. You got 3 good whacks and it could do some serious damage if the one administering that punishment wasn't careful. So, that part of Flo's statement made some sense to me. These backwoods little towns sometimes stay with what they've grown up with, so if punishing Haleigh with a paddling board and the punishment got out of hand, that wouldn't surprise me. Thing is, JO wouldn't have any reason to do this, he's only needed in Misty's story to take the fall for it.

If I were Misty and I knew that it was JO that did this, there would be nooooo waaaay I could keep it a secret, then continue to live with Haleigh's father, much less marry him. If she had told Ron this story and there were any truth to it, he would have taken care of it Satsuma style - so I don't believe it was JO that did this - at all. Also, if it is true that she reported this to LE the day after Haleigh disappeared, then why didn't Ron push for an arrest of JO? The story stinks, that's why.

IMO, RC has been using Misty and her family to cover for HIMSELF and to him, that has been the most important objective throughout this entire event. I do not believe that LE does not suspect him. He's done too many suspicious things for that to be true. This may be part of their strategy to get at the truth. It's the only thing that makes sense to me at this point.

Lt. Johnny Greenwood, of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said Tuesday. "We don't know if the break in Haleigh's disappearance will come from behind bars or from the public."

"Everyone is considered a person of interest in Haleigh's disappearance except Crystal Sheffield and Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's parents," he added.

RC has a solid alibi. His time card from work, or the punching into work, proves where he was. No one can positively say where MC was. MC has changed her story umteen times and we are to take this last tale as gospel truth???

I'm not sure why folk want to implicate RC when he clearly is not a suspect, according to the Lt...JMHO

Where is HaLeigh!

BBM Not a solid alibi unless LE knows exactly what happened to Haleigh and when it happened. He avoided LE, would not come in and even talk with them for months. I wonder why now he being at work is the alilbi when his work nor other employees are allowed to discuss the case. I don't take Misty's stories as gospel either.

Where is HaLeigh!

In reference to myself I don't believe the good Lt. knows what he is talking about IF he doesn't think Ron C is a suspect..He needs to hang it up..Walk away..Turn in his badge..

BBM Dark Red Ask the Cummings/Sykes Clan... They know where Haleigh is...JMHOOTS

Snip from JVM's show:

CALLER: Hi, Jane. I just have a quick comment. You said earlier that she said she was hiding under a blanket in the bedroom with Junior and that she could hear Haleigh screaming. If she could hear Haleigh screaming, then Junior could hear Haleigh screaming. And why has Junior not said anything about hearing his sister scream?

KAVINOKY: Good point.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Fascinating question. Drew Petrimoulx, you`re with WDB Radio, joining us on Skype. We`ll get to you in a second.

But Darren Kavinoky, that certainly is an important issue. Could they have interviewed this child? But he`s only 3 years old at the time.

KAVINOKY: Yes. Well, obviously, that presents a real difficulty, although children are interviewed with great regularity, and there`s special techniques to be able to deal with that. Three years old, though, quite young, although this caller does raise an important point. And that is it`s these little details that turn cases.

I think this is important for several reasons. We have all listened to the 911 call to see if we can hear Jr at all - nobody has heard a peep. The whole early evening, who slept where, what videos were playing, cleaning, laundry, visits from GGMa, Lindsy, Tommy, and now JO - and now Misty hiding under the covers with Jr. while Haleigh screams - Jr was questioned after LE arrived on the scene but what might Jr. have been told before they got there? If he had heard Haleigh screaming, he would have said so, he would have been skeered! He would have remember being scared. Could he have been brought back to his MH around the time of hearing Misty crying and walking around outside on the phone, kind of groggy, maybe cleanup in progress and wet floors made for squeaky noises? TMI TMI but none of the info is jiving or making sense to me.

thanks for welcome!!!!!!can anyone tell me why misty got 240 yrs and others got little time? thanks

thanks for welcome!!!!!!can anyone tell me why misty got 240 yrs and others got little time? thanks

She hasn't been sentenced yet. I think that they are saying that she could get that much time unless she can get in on the youthful offender program.

Snip from JVM's show:

CALLER: Hi, Jane. I just have a quick comment. You said earlier that she said she was hiding under a blanket in the bedroom with Junior and that she could hear Haleigh screaming. If she could hear Haleigh screaming, then Junior could hear Haleigh screaming. And why has Junior not said anything about hearing his sister scream?

KAVINOKY: Good point.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Fascinating question. Drew Petrimoulx, you`re with WDB Radio, joining us on Skype. We`ll get to you in a second.

But Darren Kavinoky, that certainly is an important issue. Could they have interviewed this child? But he`s only 3 years old at the time.

KAVINOKY: Yes. Well, obviously, that presents a real difficulty, although children are interviewed with great regularity, and there`s special techniques to be able to deal with that. Three years old, though, quite young, although this caller does raise an important point. And that is it`s these little details that turn cases.

I think this is important for several reasons. We have all listened to the 911 call to see if we can hear Jr at all - nobody has heard a peep. The whole early evening, who slept where, what videos were playing, cleaning, laundry, visits from GGMa, Lindsy, Tommy, and now JO - and now Misty hiding under the covers with Jr. while Haleigh screams - Jr was questioned after LE arrived on the scene but what might Jr. have been told before they got there? If he had heard Haleigh screaming, he would have said so, he would have been skeered! He would have remember being scared. Could he have been brought back to his MH around the time of hearing Misty crying and walking around outside on the phone, kind of groggy, maybe cleanup in progress and wet floors made for squeaky noises? TMI TMI but none of the info is jiving or making sense to me.

Let's pretend for a minute that I am Yuri Melich, I am speaking to Misty about this scenario:

OK so Joe Overstreet has Haleigh and you are under the covers with Junior because you are SCARED. You are 17 years old, you have a cell phone, I can feel pretty confident that the cell phone is in your hand, afterall what 17 year old doesn't have their cell phone in their hand?
And you call the police when?
Or you called 911 when?
When you heard Haliegh scream?
When you saw Joe putting her in a black bag?
When you heard the door open and close several times?
When you heard the doors on the Van open and close?
When you heard the Van pull away?
When you knew Joe and Company was gone, and it is now safe to call the police?
And what police did you call?
Did you call the local Satsuma police?
Did you call the Putnam County Sherriff?
Did you call 911?

Hmmm...you didn't call...and this is helping us find this missing child how?

You wait until Ronald gets home to call why?

And how many hours passed between the time Joe was there and took Haleigh and Ronald came home and you called 911?

What did you do during those hours?
Were you scared?
Ok, so you were scared and you didn't call the police why?

Sherry,
Misty has NOT been sentenced. The 240 is what she could face. I think her sentencing is set for Oct sometime.

I have not had a chance to read all the latest posts yet, so this may have already been mentioned:

According to Crystal, Junior said "a man dressed in black took Sissy." I am not saying Junior did not make a statement to Crystal, but I do not believe he said that. That is not the wording of a 3-year-old. It was probably paraphrased but I would like to hear Junior's exact statement, if he made one.

And, if Junior really said anything, I believe he would have included, "Sissy cried," or "Sissy screamed." He was close to Haleigh and he would have been aware of her screaming, IMO.

That would corroborate Misty saying she heard Haleigh either crying or screaming; if Misty could hear it, Junior could hear it too, IMO. I have never heard mention that Junior said anything about screams or crying.

When I read what Misty has to say about Haleigh being put into a black bag, it makes me think that Misty is saying that Haleigh was suffocated. I don't believe that Misty saw or heard anything, but she is telling what Jr. heard and saw.

Edited: One of the posts say that Haleigh was wrapped in a blanket and put into a black bag. After reading the link provided and other links I see no mention of Haleigh being in a blanket inside the black bag. Do we still have no mention of what happened to that blanket or blankets?

So...so far we have read that she was wrapped in a blanket and stuffed into a black bag. We've also read where she was tied up with a yellow rope which was attached to a cinder block and dumped into the river. So, does MC know if she was taken out of the black bag and blanket before they wrapped her in the yellow rope? If she was left in the bag and tossed into the water wouldn't it be easier to find her remains in the river? Was it a canvas bag? These are really questions for MC.
My thought is that she is buried close to one of the GM's homes. Either TN's or GMS home. I don't feel that she is not too far from any of their homes. I feel that she is buried somewhere in between TN & GMS homes.

It looks like a current article, but old news.

According to Fields..this is the story she told the day after her arrest on drug charges. Hopefully after sitting in jail for a few months, she started telling the truth.

Art claims to have spoken to Robert Fields and has another Exclusive

Quote:
Exclusive: Haleigh Tossed into “Black Bag!”
"Snip"

August 17th, 2010
By Art Harris, The Bald Truth

It’s the same story The Bald Truth reported weeks ago from sources close to the case— Misty Croslin telling investigators she held Haleigh Cummings’ little brother tight, cringing under the sheets as the five year girl old screamed in the next room, allegedly carted off by an angry JO.

“She says she saw Joe Overstreet come to the trailer looking for a gun, and when he couldn’t find it, turned on Misty, roughed her up, groped her sexually, then grabbed Haleigh and tossed her into a black bag,” her attorney, Robert Fields tells The Bald Truth in an exclusive interview Tuesday.

“She was scared and dove under the covers with Ronald, Jr to hide,” he said.

Read the rest of this entry » http://www.artharris.com/2010/08/17/...bag/#more-4569

BBM - Call me dumb...but how do you toss a live 5 year old child into a bag? I have a hard time getting a 2 year old into their carseat when they don't want to go.

I have seen no evidence that says LE considered this story credible. Possibly bits and pieces are but it's just not enough.

If Misty gets boot camp or probation, she will do her time and never tell. If she goes to prison I do believe she will come clean if her sentence is lengthy enough UNLESS she is directly responsible for what happened to Haleigh. Direct responsibility would include if Misty didn't do anything to Haleigh herself but allowed something to happen to her. I think the State would be willing to offer Misty a deal even after she is sentenced if she comes clean about where Haleigh is, or gives up whatever info she is withholding that leads to evidence of what really happened. JMO.

Everything we knew or thought about this case is probably correct. If you go back to the first days, maybe week, the story of Joe doesn't fit. I think of the trailer and the staging, and Ron's comment the door was forced and someone lock picked it or bumped the lock. I don't see Joe coming for a gun and bringing his own brick to hold open the screen door before knowing if the guns were there or not and deciding to take Haleigh. I think of the story Misty tells of cleaning and feeding and washing blankets, and how she put the kids down or let them watch a video, but then Joe comes in and she hides under a blanket and never calls 911. She lies to Ron at the door, why? But then the next day is out with this child killer hanging posters of Haleigh with him. I could go on and on and all the versions of where the kids were in the beds, between Ron and Misty. One more slap in the face to CS on Haleigh's birthday. JMo

Let's pretend for a minute that I am Yuri Melich, I am speaking to Misty about this scenario:

OK so Joe Overstreet has Haleigh and you are under the covers with Junior because you are SCARED. You are 17 years old, you have a cell phone, I can feel pretty confident that the cell phone is in your hand, afterall what 17 year old doesn't have their cell phone in their hand?
And you call the police when?
Or you called 911 when?
When you heard Haliegh scream?
When you saw Joe putting her in a black bag?
When you heard the door open and close several times?
When you heard the doors on the Van open and close?
When you heard the Van pull away?
When you knew Joe and Company was gone, and it is now safe to call the police?
And what police did you call?
Did you call the local Satsuma police?
Did you call the Putnam County Sherriff?
Did you call 911?

Hmmm...you didn't call...and this is helping us find this missing child how?

You wait until Ronald gets home to call why?

And how many hours passed between the time Joe was there and took Haleigh and Ronald came home and you called 911?

Exactly. When Misty was robbed while buying drugs, she immediately called 911. I posted the video where Mr P, Ron's neighbor said he was woken up from a deep sleep and when he went outside he found out HaLeigh was gone. If this story Misty told about Joe was true, Mr P would have had a different story to tell IMO.
What did you do during those hours?
Were you scared?
Ok, so you were scared and you didn't call the police why?

Exactly. And Misty quickly called 911 for help after she was robbed outside an apartment complex.

This desperate attempt by Misty to throw JO under the bus does not collaborate with what Ron's neighbor told a reporter. Mr P said he was woken up from a deep sleep when he heard loud noises coming from his next door neighbor's house just feet away and when he went outside, he learned HaLeigh was gone. IMO if Misty's account was true, Mr P would have been drawn out of his deep sleep by the screaming and banging caused by the opening and closing of the van door which was said to have occurred several times. He would have heard the van take off down the road and he would have gone to aid Misty. JMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDUDIsp9xQM

What happened to "I woke up and saw a 3 and the light was on and the door was open and she was gone and that is all I know"????? Give me a break.

Where is HaLeigh!

They NEVER said Ron was not a "suspect." He said Ron is not a "person of interest." So Ron could still be a "suspect."

However, back in March, 2009, they did say that Joe Overstreet was not a person of interest or a suspect.

I cannot believe JO came for a machine gun. Where is this gun? How did rc get it? Guess we will never know because it may make ron look bad....can't have that, can we? *sarcasm*. I am sick of ron and he is a..[ most unusual person]

I think Haleigh was first covered with a blanket by misty. Whoever took Haleigh was angry allright, angry at misty for the mess they were in. If it was JO, he may have put a knife at either one of their throats because he felt he had to be the one to dispose...I bet he threatend both of them with not talking.

The scream occurred but we don't know what time it occurred. They mix up their details and place them in different times and dates.

Whisperer, I for one can believe Ron would have a machine gun. Ron would not only look bad owning a machine gun, he would be in serious trouble with the feds in owning a machine gun. I think there is $250 thousand fine for owning an unregistered machine gun and I'm not sure how many years in jail goes along with that charge.

Where would Ron get a machine gun? He very well could have stole it from someone. And therefore could not register it. And it would be one possession he could show off, but strive to keep it hidden and secret.

I think Ron would want a machine gun to go along with the image, I believe, he has of himself, as the Godfather of Satsuma. "Keep your enemies close," Headless dead rats in mailboxes." JMO as wild as it may sound.

For all we know Junior did tell that Haleigh was crying. I think Misty is just trying to make her story fit Junior's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder
Back