2010.08.17 - Croslin says she heard Haleigh Cummings attack

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM your right about the black bag. It's the first time I have heard about that as well:waitasec:

remember waaaaay back at the beginning the reports of junior saying "man in black took my sissy", JR was 3, maybe in broken kid-lish he was saying....
man---black (bag) ----took sissy

Just throwing that out there.

MC claiming she heard the house door opening and closing several times. Perhaps, she bricked back door later:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=163441&catid=3

Fields said that Overstreet then headed for Haleigh, while Croslin and Ronald Jr. hid under a sheet on a bed. They were able to hear Haleigh screaming, struggling and crying, he said.

(snipped)

Fields said Croslin remained under the covers until the van drove off.

Croslin told police her brother Tommy did nothing to Haleigh, and that everyone in the family is scared of Overstreet.

Wow. Just wow. Misty is even more of a [unusual person] than I originally thought. She "remained under the covers until the van drove off." OK...then what did she do?

Not sure what she did, but we know what she didn't do...

She didn't call 911.

She didn't try to get help from a neighbor.

For crying out loud, the guy who had scared Misty out of her wits had just left and she did not even shut the door. According to Misty, she sat in fear of Joe returning to harm her...with the door to the MH wide open.

And then, apparently Misty met up with Joe the next day. Who knows...maybe they went out for breakfast before they walked off hand in hand to put up Haleigh Missing flyers.

How odd it is that every single time Misty gets in some kind of trouble...she points toward someone having "messed with" her. It's all too sad that this tactic has worked for her so well in the past; such a horrendous accusation takes the focus off Misty and puts it on someone else. Of course, Misty doesn't care if the person goes down for something they may not have done, as long as it takes the focus off her. She makes me sick!

And now GMa Flo says she would be able get Misty to spill within a week...well, why hasn't she done that already? Misty spent at least that long visiting her in Tennessee after Haleigh went missing. Why didn't Flo use her magic back then to get Misty to talk?

The whole family makes me want to hurl.

MC lawyer says the whole family was scared of Joe. Well Gramma Hollers lives in the same state as Joe, and she doesn't hold back when discussing him, not too scared me thinks.

In light of Joe's recent drug bust, if LE really thought he had something to do with it don;t cha think they would have put a high bond and kept him in jail to squeeze him?? . It's hard to beleive they'd let him slip away once they had him.

I think Granny Flo could easily take Joe down!! Now if only she could get the truth out of Misty.......

JMO

And she was so scared of Joe, who went a few states away, that about 9 months after the fact, she traveled to where Joe was.

This is such a dumb story, this is exactly why Joe Overstreet is not in jail.

Don't forget they were hanging posters together the next day.

And if MC was so deathly afraid of JO being that he had just harmed 1 child and stuffed her in a black bag, why on earth would she be standing in the front door when RC came home from work in the middle of the night? Seems to me if you are that scared you are going to block aid yourself and the other child in the mobile home until you know exactly who just drove up...Of course I don't think Jr was there that night, I think he left when GGMS came over (to bring laundry)...And then Jr reappeared with either RC or TN when they rolled up to the MH.

I think I've lost my mind. I keep going back to Misty waking up in the middle of the night, found the light on, went back to her room to get her phone (or whatever) and noticed Haleigh was gone.

Don't know where I was, but all these open door/slamming/banging/crying/strugglling stories are news to me.

Yikes!

MOO

Mel
And why on earth, if something as terrifying as this latest account of events happened, would MC lie about it in the beginning and come up with the "got up to go to the bathroom" story? If Haleigh were alive when she was taken from the house, and MC knew who took her, wouldn't the first thought be to try to find Haleigh before she's harmed? I don't believe this version of events any more than I believed her first story. MOO

And she was so scared of Joe, who went a few states away, that about 9 months after the fact, she traveled to where Joe was.

This is such a dumb story, this is exactly why Joe Overstreet is not in jail.

Thought he was.

Don't know if it was Whisp or Papa who posted the photo of JO and MC hanging up flyers next morning, but Misty looked none too terrified of JO to me.

When I looked at that photo, it appeared as if Misty could be smiling or smirking a little, as if she had just heard something or said something amusing. I would expect a somber expression, maybe even a tear or two, but instead I see what looks like a half-grin.

And Joe!...how could he be so calm hanging missing child flyers if he is the one who took the child??

I wouldn't be anywhere near Joe if he did what Misty claims he did. I would have called 911 the second he drove off in the van, and I would have told the story right then and there during the 911 call. Misty is a liar and Fields is a fool to buy her ludicrous tale without a speck of proof.

All I have seen as fact in this case is the strange and even scary behaviors of some Croslins and some Cummings. Show me proof that Joe is involved and I will look at it with an open mind. Until then, I say hogwash on the "Joe did it" story.

Dear Misty:

You've lost everything. You're whole life is derailed. All you have left is a garish tattoo on your back for Ron to show for it. You are about to enter the longest loneliest hardest years...any girl your age can't even imagine how long and slow they will drag by.

Do you realize you will be in that cage longer than you have been on this earth so far? Misty think about it, longer than you have been alive, all that time, all those birthdays, all those days, ticking by slowly one by one....in there.

Not just minutes, not just days, DECADES of your life. In there. Alone.

Do you think when you get out in 25 and Ron is out in 15 you will be together, is that why you keep your secrets Misty? I understand an 18 year old such as yourself would believe that but it's not right.

Your life has been a rip off, you haven't been to school since grade six for gawd sakes, you've had it rough kid and you didn't get to where you are now all on your own, we all know that.

Don't keep getting ripped off Misty. Just tell the truth.

Rat them out Misty.

And if MC was so deathly afraid of JO being that he had just harmed 1 child and stuffed her in a black bag, why on earth would she be standing in the front door when RC came home from work in the middle of the night? Seems to me if you are that scared you are going to block aid yourself and the other child in the mobile home until you know exactly who just drove up...Of course I don't think Jr was there that night, I think he left when GGMS came over (to bring laundry)...And then Jr reappeared with either RC or TN when they rolled up to the MH.

I'm tired, but if I read your theory correctly Misty didn't baby sit JR at all. He left with GGMS. Hmmm that is something to ponder which of course implicates the whole lot of them. It also ties in that Misty was to tired to babysit after her binge. Haleigh needed to get to school JR didn't. Ron was under scrutiny with DCS making sure Haleigh was attending school. Still goes back to my theory that Haleigh was drugged.

Just watch Haleigh and if need be give her something to go to sleep so you can too. Misty goes through the motions to please Ron.Just gives Haleigh something right away, Misty calls Ron ( the flurry of calls) I gave it to her and shes od ing. Misty calls her brothers and so does Ron. He also calls his Mom. thus now all are involved and the cover up begins.

I know we have hashed this out, but to me this is plausible.

Dear Public,

It's my story (for now), and I'm stickin' to it (for now). Do ya hear me Tommy?

Misty

Soooo....where was Tommy while Joe was killing Haleigh? Was he under the covers with Misty?

Dear Misty:

You've lost everything. You're whole life is derailed. All you have left is a garish tattoo on your back for Ron to show for it. You are about to enter the longest loneliest hardest years...any girl your age can't even imagine how long and slow they will drag by.

Do you realize you will be in that cage longer than you have been on this earth so far? Misty think about it, longer than you have been alive, all that time, all those birthdays, all those days, ticking by slowly one by one....in there.

Not just minutes, not just days, DECADES of your life. In there. Alone.

Do you think when you get out in 25 and Ron is out in 15 you will be together, is that why you keep your secrets Misty? I understand an 18 year old such as yourself would believe that but it's not right.

Your life has been a rip off, you haven't been to school since grade six for gawd sakes, you've had it rough kid and you didn't get to where you are now all on your own, we all know that.

Don't keep getting ripped off Misty. Just tell the truth.

Rat them out Misty.

This post really got to me. I wish you would send this to her. I wish she could read it or someone would read it to her. Maybe her attorney. Someone needs to say these things to her. Her life was a rip off. And because of that and others, Haleigh's life was rip off of her too at age 5. How sad is all of this?

Didn't LE say when they sentenced Tommy that they are NOT interested in JO? Couldn't JO sue for slander or libel or something if he's not involved? I was sickened when Art came out and labeled him the perp back during the river search in April.

Why in the world would you put a LIVE child in a bag?

I think we are getting part of the story here, with some major events left out and a few embellishments.

I didn't believe Ron was guilty until about six month ago. (never ever fan)

I think there is some truth in this story of Misty.

I started to believe that something happen to Haleigh during a fight with Misty
and Ron. She died later maybe from a bump on the head. IDK

Tommy or Tim was called to help along with Misty while Ron at work.

Ron kept calling because he didn't want to come home until the dirty deed was done.

The only person I can find that they could be scare of is Ron. I can see Ron threatening their families and kids.

*Hank Sr. calls the cops because Ron gave pills and try to kill him.

*The big blow out at GMS with Tommy and parents...Tommy was scare for Misty.

*The chase with CJ! Was Ron scare that CJ was told to much detail about that night by Misty? That not even going into the interview with CJ on Levi which to me gave more detail into Ron personality.

*I watch the tape again with Geraldo from the early days and I stop counting the lies that he said on that tape.

I don't think Joe was there.
I think it was Tim and Tommy and that make more sense to me that Misty been protecting her brothers and Ron.

If the story is true about a black bag (that the first time I heard about a black bag) I like to know what that bag look like...was it like a laundry bag?

I also think the gun keep coming up because it was used to be paid on the debt for dirty deeds. (In the earlier days Ron did not want anyone to talk about the gun he said that was lie) hmmm

of course this JMO and again I believe that there some truth in this story just a name has been change to protect the guilty parties.

I also think that we might be getting close to the truth. It seem like prisoners always turn to higher power and might feel the need to confess.

About Misty hiding under the cover with little JR...I don't believe Haleigh was crying she had already pass... but she was hiding undercover to keep JR from seeing Haleigh being carry out and who was doing the carrying. JMO

I agree with just about all of this theory, except one thing. I have thought Ron and been part of it all along... and Teresa and GMS.

Hmmm.... I could believe HaLeigh was put in a black bag with a blanket. Just not alive, and it was out of context of the story. Last ditch effort to square deals away??

Wow. Just wow. Misty is even more of a [unusual person] than I originally thought. She "remained under the covers until the van drove off." OK...then what did she do?

Not sure what she did, but we know what she didn't do...

She didn't call 911.

She didn't try to get help from a neighbor.

For crying out loud, the guy who had scared Misty out of her wits had just left and she did not even shut the door. According to Misty, she sat in fear of Joe returning to harm her...with the door to the MH wide open.

And then, apparently Misty met up with Joe the next day. Who knows...maybe they went out for breakfast before they walked off hand in hand to put up Haleigh Missing flyers.

How odd it is that every single time Misty gets in some kind of trouble...she points toward someone having "messed with" her. It's all too sad that this tactic has worked for her so well in the past; such a horrendous accusation takes the focus off Misty and puts it on someone else. Of course, Misty doesn't care if the person goes down for something they may not have done, as long as it takes the focus off her. She makes me sick!

And now GMa Flo says she would be able get Misty to spill within a week...well, why hasn't she done that already? Misty spent at least that long visiting her in Tennessee after Haleigh went missing. Why didn't Flo use her magic back then to get Misty to talk?

The whole family makes me want to hurl.

Yeah, what did she do? I guess she spent the next several hours cleaning up the house. It sure was squeaky clean! I wonder what her story will be about that! BBM

BBM (and this is not directed at you epiphany)
IF it happened this way - then why didn't Big Bad Ron take out JO? He was there the next day, hanging flyers! Ron would have beat anyone senseless if he thought they had knowledge of what happened AND Misty would have been talking itl she's blue in the face at Ron telling him JO did it! JO did it!!

I'll buy anyone else being afraid of JO but not Ron - he77 he even had a machine gun! Ron would have "filled him full of holes" if JO had done this and Misty and/or Tommy knew!

JO took Haleigh away - but JO did not KILL her. Nope. Misty is getting closer. Now she needs to back up just another hour or two from JO talking Haleigh out of the MH. She needs to explain why JO took her out of there, and it ain't got nuffin' to do with him being mad cause he couldn't find the gun.
JMHO

AMEN..I'm not saying Jo did not take her out of the MH wrapped in a blanket and in a black bag just like Misty said, but Ron Cummings is the one who is responsible for Haleigh's death..Jo needs to tell the truth about what happened and just where exactly he took Haleigh...JMO

I'm curious as to what time it was that Teresa Neves called Misty begging her to come and babysit and even offered to pay her to babysit? I'm sure that would play in on the timeline. Wasn't it said that Misty turned off her phone around 8:30pm that night after her and Ron got into a fight on the phone about her babysitting? Just something to think about. I'd also like to know what GGM Sykes meant when she said that we noticed she was gone ten minutes after we arrived. I smell a rat and it's coming from the Cummings side.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ilda
Back