2010.11.02 Elisa Baker's Letters (Discussion)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Duck, I just clicked it and went back to it to get snip, it has their watermark on it. And their website.

Thank you, teh! whew.

I am glad we can get over that now. :D

(ETA: FWIW, that link never worked for me... maybe it's a region thing? In any case, I'm glad teh got a screenshot to clear it up.)

Lol, links......sometimes they make you crazy. I figure they decided they had put to much of it up and changed it, but for whatever reason I was able to get back to it, and now WS has it.

West, wasn't the snip I posted what you were talking about?

I saw that too and SO wanted to buy the letter, but cannot bring myself to line this website's pockets with blood money..

I also noticed that it was originally $200 and is now $250.

http://serialkillersink.net/Imag32424e24.jpg

picture.php

Thanks for providing the screen shot. The link now says
product could not be found

Thanks for providing the screen shot. The link now says

I wonder if LE got ahold of this website owner and seized the original letter by warrent or something.

http://www.wtma.com/rssItem.asp?feedid=118&itemid=29598232
--snipped-

Zahra Baker’s Stepmom Says She ‘Ain’t the Monster’

“”I was trying to save us both, but why should I? He is letting everyone destroy me,” Elisa Baker wrote referring to Zahra’s father, Adam Baker.”

“In the latest letter, obtained exclusively by ABC News, Baker said she “ain’t the monster people are saying.”

She also said she was frustrated by her lawyer’s refusal to allow her to do TV interview requests. “I want a chance to be heard damn it. This is my life and everyone is playing with and I have no control over what is said or done,” she wrote.”

Bumping news

full article
http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-exclusive-elisa-baker-jailhouse-letter/story?id=12145895

Full article on ABC News main website:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-exclusive-elisa-baker-jailhouse-letter/story?id=12145895&page=1

Snippets from letter:

"I was trying to save us both, but why should I? He is letting everyone destroy me," Elisa Baker wrote referring to Zahra's father, Adam Baker.

In the latest letter, obtained exclusively by ABC News, Baker said she "ain't the monster people are saying."

She also said she was frustrated by her lawyer's refusal to allow her to do TV interview requests. "I want a chance to be heard damn it. This is my life and everyone is playing with and I have no control over what is said or done," she wrote.

She sarcastically commented on the negative media attention she's received. "Maybe I should just change my name to Evil, what do you think? LOL."

In the letter, written to crime memorabilia dealer Eric Gein, Baker says she will be living alone when she gets out of prison. In three rambling pages, she never mentions Zahra or any concern for her stepdaughter, who was still a missing person when the letter was written on Oct. 29. She also doesn't cite any remorse for the girl's disappearance.

"My family will never believe Adam has done what he has," the letter says. "I am helping the cops try and get my soon-to-be ex-husband in here. The cops promised if I would help them with what I know, they would keep him locked up for my safety... I was trying to save us both, but why should I? He is letting everyone destroy me."

In the letter Elisa said she feels like a "freak in a carnival" whenever she's in view of the media's cameras and is concerned about being attacked while in prison.

"[But it's] not like I am not able to defend my freaking self," she writes.

The letter is signed, "Dark Wishes, Elesa." She claims in the letter she had changed her name from Elisa to Elesa.

Interesting, I noticed a few bits that were originally blanked out on the Serial Killer website.

e.g. "my soon-to-be ex-husband in here." , and that last bit about locking him up, etc..

Just wondering if LE is letting that out now for a reason. I wonder if LE filled in the blanks or do you think the website owner at the site took it upon himself....I doubt that.

Interesting, I noticed a few bits that were originally blanked out on the Serial Killer website.

e.g. "my soon-to-be ex-husband in here." , and that last bit about locking him up, etc..

Just wondering if LE is letting that out now for a reason. I wonder if LE filled in the blanks or do you think the website owner at the site took it upon himself....I doubt that.

Good catch dar!

Hopefully Mr. Gein has seen the wisdom of working collaboratively with LE, if LE has asked him to. If they are saying "un-redact," he better be asking "how much?"

In the letter, written to crime memorabilia dealer Eric Gein, Baker says she will be living alone when she gets out of prison.

Wow, I knew the <unusual person> was delusional, but does she actually believe she's going to be getting out of prison?

Quote from EB's capital punishment attorney---"Ms. Baker unfortunately believed this man's representations that he only wanted to offer friendship and support during her incarceration. Much of the information in these letters is in response to specific questions posed by this man.

No doubt about it. Attorney acknowledging she's the author.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back