2010.12.15 Dr Jane Bock Report & CV

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If it were an accident and you were able to prove it with facts wouldn't you, facing the DP, want your attorney to make a deal with the State. There are just some things you need to swallow your pride for. Oh, that's right she can't swallow. Well that kind of sums it up, doesn't it? When you are innocent you don't do things to make yourself look 100% guilty such as lie, 31 days of putting YOURSELF first, etc. There is way too much pointing away from accident...... jmo

Well the problem with that is it contradicts Dr Spitz who found no trauma or cause of death. ROFLMAO!!

There have been cases where there wasn't even a BODY, let alone a "cause of death", that have been successfully prosecuted. (One of the most infamous is the case of Richard Grissom who killed Joan Butler, Christine Rusch and Theresa Brown. NO trace of them of them has been found. Grissom never has revealed how he chose them, how he killed them or what he did with them. But, the State of Kansas prevailed. [ame="http://askville.amazon.com/Twenty-years-fact-killer-Richard-Grissom-Jr-secret/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=54738749"]Twenty years after the fact, killer Richard Grissom Jr. still keeps what secret?[/ame])

I think that the duct tape was the determining factor that caused the prosecution to go for the death penalty. But, Casey was charged with first degree murder BEFORE Caylee's body was found.

If it were an accident and you were able to prove it with facts wouldn't you, facing the DP, want your attorney to make a deal with the State. There are just some things you need to swallow your pride for. Oh, that's right she can't swallow. Well that kind of sums it up, doesn't it? When you are innocent you don't do things to make yourself look 100% guilty such as lie, 31 days of putting YOURSELF first, etc. There is way too much pointing away from accident...... jmo

BBM. Oh she can swallow - she just doesn't have the opportunity to do that in jail now. Poor Casey, the only thing left she has to swallow is her Pride and Vanity, but I guess that is permanently caught in the back of her throat.

She is an IDIOT for not trying to plea this out to an accident instead of waiting to go to a trial that pretty much guarantees a needle in her arm. That duct tape is going shut her up for good in the end. There's just no way to get around it.

Seems so and on tape. :furious: I knew he was lying anyway. His story to the judge was akin to telling the teacher your dog ate your homework. I'm so hoping he gets nailed and soon.

but unless we can cross examine the dog it wouldn't count...

Dr. David Hall's opinion about how long Caylee's remains were on Suburban based on the rate of root growth isn't breaking new ground. He's opined on the same subject during other Florida trials. Like ICA's case, Franklin Delano Floyd's case was a death penalty case based entirely on circumstantial evidence. Floyd is now sitting on death row.

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/flsupct/sc03-35/03-35ini.pdf

It is possible that Dr, Bock had a retained copy of her report which JB did not receice, and when contacted by the defense, had it notarized and sent to JB. We do not know the ciecumstances. Whilr it may look suspicious and/or deceitful, please remember we are observers and not participants, and should not be inserting ourselves in this case as much as we would like to, I am 100 percent certain that the SA Office will notice if anything is amiss and will take appropriate action.

Just my humble opinion, and I remain amazed by all th great work that is done here,

12/1510-Response to States Motion on Clarification Of Expert Witnesses
http://www.cfnews13.com/static/articles/images/documents/SKMBT_C45210121512020.pdf

Above PDF is Baez' clarification to what the experts will testify to...

Seems Baez was less than truthful when he said his experts didn't prepare any reports...then BAM....here's a report filed

THANK YOU MM!

I do hope the court has taken notice of Baez' integrity/truthfulness...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

WHEN IS A REPORT NOT A REPORT.....WHEN ITS AN AFFIDAVIT

"5. A summary of Dr Bock's testimony can be obtained by viewing her affidavit as listed under exhibit 2."

When asked by J Perry about reports, Baez did refer to an affidavit he was going to attach to a motion. Baez semantics yet again, but seems
he kinda, in a round about, vague sort of way...... did own up to the existence of a report only suited him to call it an affidavit. And clever Jose remembered to refer to it as such when he kinda complied with J Perry's order.

Dr Bock, however does refer to her affidavit as a report. :waitasec:

WHEN IS A REPORT NOT A REPORT.....WHEN ITS AN AFFIDAVIT

"5. A summary of Dr Bock's testimony can be obtained by viewing her affidavit as listed under exhibit 2."

When asked by J Perry about reports, Baez did refer to an affidavit he was going to attach to a motion. Baez semantics yet again, but seems
he kinda, in a round about, vague sort of way...... did own up to the existence of a report only suited him to call it an affidavit. And clever Jose remembered to refer to it as such when he kinda complied with J Perry's order.

Dr Bock, however does refer to her affidavit as a report. :waitasec:

That's because it was (and is) a report. It arguably became an affidavit as well as a report when it got notarized. Although I have to say it would have been the wrong kind of affidavit, in both form and content, to attach to a motion to exclude the state's expert evidence on roots/leaves, etc. (I assume that's the "motion" Baez refers to). It would be supremely lazy in such an important case to simply have your expert sign her report to use as an affidavit in support of an evidentiary motion, rather than writing up a proper affidavit with strong assertions directly relevant to your motion.

Well if defense is saying their expert agrees with SA's expert about the body decomposing at another site and SA's expert actual said decomposition started at another site other than where the remains were found and that the body had been moved there at another time, this is basically true. Only question is how did the body get there and obviously the mode of transportation would wreak to high heavens with the smell of decomp. so how many people in Orlando are driving around in a car that stinks that bad? I only know of one and it is not being driven but I'll bet it still wreaks. jmo

That's because it was (and is) a report. It arguably became an affidavit as well as a report when it got notarized. Although I have to say it would have been the wrong kind of affidavit, in both form and content, to attach to a motion to exclude the state's expert evidence on roots/leaves, etc. (I assume that's the "motion" Baez refers to). It would be supremely lazy in such an important case to simply have your expert sign her report to use as an affidavit in support of an evidentiary motion, rather than writing up a proper affidavit with strong assertions directly relevant to your motion.

I wonder how much $$ and how much time it would have taken to get an actual affidavit.

I think J Perry asked how many of your experts have authored reports and Baez repled ....NONE Ashton had already told the Judge he had received zero in relation to expert witnesses.

I guess he could pretend he didn't know Dr Bock had taken the trouble.:waitasec:

Here are excerpts from the Nov 29th Hearing:

Nov 29, 2010 Status Hearing
Part 1
http://www.wftv.com/video/25949344/index.html
RAW VIDEO: Casey Anthony Hearing 11/29 - Part 1 Of 2

(1:19 minute) Ashton - State filed Motion to compel additional discovery .... Defense listed 5 or 6 Expert witnesses - deadline for listing Experts is tomorrow (Nov 30, 2010). From conversations with Mr. Baez, .... they may list 2 - 3 maybe even 4 more.... as to their Experts, we have received nothing. No reports, no statements, nothing. So we filed a Motion to Compel ....

(3:39 minute) normally done by filing a Report.....we have been given none -- I assume that there are none..... some communications may qualify as Reports or as statements of witnesses.

(7:46 minute) Baez - ............... as to what each person will testify to and Reports - I've not asked any of our Experts to write any Reports. I think that's extra work, especially since many of them are doing work pro bono and many of them are working under the indigency standards from the JAC. I'm trying not to get them to do repetitive work .....

(9:00 minute) Baez.... and as I mentioned earlier there are no Reports that any of the Experts have prepared.......

(11:19 minute) Judge - ...I take it from your previous statements, that your Experts do not intend to author any Reports?
Baez - correct

Judge - Has the State listed any Expert witnesses that they intend to call?
Baez - the State has listed many Expert witnesses.
Judge - OK, have the provided Reports?
Baez - many of them have, yes.
Judge - OK, anything else Mr. Baez?

(11:58 minute) Ashton - .... we have provided Category 5 to the Defense, approximately a year and a half ago - which is notes of all our Experts, over 10,000 pages .... # 6 has been provided ... want what qualifies as a witness statement

but unless we can cross examine the dog it wouldn't count...

Lol I didn't know the dog actually accused her of anything...it just alerted on decomp. Should she be able to confront cameras and audio devices as well, since they were tools that were used to record aspects of her guilt? Obviously, a camera can't testify :)

I think J Perry asked how many of your experts have authored reports and Baez repled ....NONE Ashton had already told the Judge he had received zero in relation to expert witnesses.

I guess he could pretend he didn't know Dr Bock had taken the trouble.:waitasec:

Excerpts from Dec 10th Hearing:
Dec 10, 2010 Hearing
http://www.wftv.com/video/26093706/index.html

(9:15 minute) Judge - how many Expert witnesses did the State of Florida list, Mr. Baez?
Baez - approximately 20
Judge - and out of the 20 Expert witnesses that the State of Florida listed, how many Reports, out of the 20 Experts, were turned over to you?
Baez - approximately 12 - there are several that have not written Reports - about half of them.
Judge - OK - and how many Experts have you listed?
Baez - 13
Judge - and how many Reports did your Experts author?
Baez - NONE ... we have one that filled, that recently submitted an Affidavit,
which I'll be attaching to a Motion - that's about as far as any of them have submitted

(10:06 minute) Judge - Thank you Mr. Baez. Mr. Ashton do you concur with Mr. Baez' statement that not all of your Experts listed, authored Reports?
Ashton - no sir, I do not. Every Expert who is going to render an opinion, upon the analysis of evidence, have presented a Report......

Originally Posted by Kathy1964
I'm not sure that this report was sent to JB in Sept. I think that is when she wrote it, but it was not sent to JB at that time. At the end of the report, note that it was notarized on 7 Dec 2010 in Colorado. I believe that is when she actually sent it.
I think that is not unusual for experts to hold back their reports until the attorney asks for it. A technique to avoid giving it to the opposition.

Notarized 4 days after deadline, hmmmm, last minute editing? It was still in violation of HHJP's order for the 12/3/2010 deadline, unprofessional posturing: http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...tional Discovery & Other Dicovery Matters.pdf

Yet, Baez still told Judge Perry on December 10th ...
Judge - OK - and how many Experts have you listed?
Baez - 13
Judge - and how many Reports did your Experts author?
Baez - NONE
... we have one that filled, that recently submitted an Affidavit, which I'll be attaching to a Motion - that's about as far as any of them have submitted.

IMO - the Judge asked JB how many Experts "authored" Reports - not WHEN did the Expert send the Report (Affidavit) to you.

And on Nov 29th, Baez told the Judge:

(9:00 minute) Baez.... and as I mentioned earlier there are no Reports that any of the Experts have prepared.......

(11:19 minute) Judge - ...I take it from your previous statements, that your Experts do not intend to author any Reports?
Baez - correct

wouldn't be the firs and surely not the last...remember he also wasn't notified that the call was from the jail way back when --- heck I'm even sure that a thread could be made of lies that the defense has said....and it would probably run as long as the A's.....just sayin':angel:

I have become so frustrated with JB's mockery of the justice system. He needs to be held accountable. I love HHJP's authoritive presence in the court room, but if he continues to allow this type of behavior without consequence we will soon be witness to this type of run amuck representation from every less than ethical lawyer in every courtroom in Florida.

http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/20...call-mcgruff-the-crime-dog-as-expert-witness/

I wouldn't normally post this, but it's HILARIOUS. Oops, part of the title got left out. It's "Anthony Defense to call McGruff the Crime Dog as Expert Witness" This so made my day!

If McGruff is not approved as an expert, the defense intends to call several stars from ‘Pound Puppies’ to the stand, to testify that prosecutor Ashton has used his telepathic “puppy power” for evil, and has brainwashed the police dogs into alerting false positives as part of a diabolical plot to frame Casey.

This part just about killed me, LOL.

This is so bizarre that JB actually filed these reports. Most always, you would file a "Notice of Filing" wherein you state that you have served this information on the other side. This, to me, is just another example of how ...er.. inept this defense team is. Have they never, ever practiced law before this case?

You'd think he would have asked after the initial hearing...or pehaps sometime before the 10th when he was gonna be asked again. This is just plain ordinary bs...and the court should slap his hand big time. IMO

Seems so and on tape. :furious: I knew he was lying anyway. His story to the judge was akin to telling the teacher your dog ate your homework. I'm so hoping he gets nailed and soon.
BBM... Hmmmm... bet he won't. He seems to try to come across as a "I'm a nice guy who's somewhat new to the field.... green.... naive....kinda in over my head with this case..." etc...

But there are other words that I could use to describe him...:banghead:... No.. I think we ALL here at WS anyway are onto him and his little games...:furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom
Back