2011.01.04 Defense Motion to Suppress Casey's Statements to LE

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:bump:
For Strawberry
Don't know where the thread on the motion to throw out her statements to LE is...but HLN is discussing her statement right now and they are having quite a laugh. The one guy goes everyone grieves differently. And they all laughed. Now they're playing GA in the civil depo.

ETA: Mark Eiglarsh says he is all for the presumption of innocence but that doesn't mean joe public has to believe it.

does anyone know when this motion is suppose to be (cough..denied..cough) heard?

Thamks.......Geez I wonder why its so far away they usually do these pretty quick.

I believe it is because they plan to call witnesses to the stand during these hearings in early March. The "Agents of the State" hearing will be interesting. I'm wondering if they are going to have Cindy, George and Lee take the stand? Melich, Savage, Edwards may have to testify in this hearing... along with the motion to supress Casey's statements. The canine hearing will have witnesses (I remember this being discussed)... the dogs won't take the stand... and I am sure Jose will whine about that. LOL So they needed to be able to give a fair amount of time to warn the witnesses... may even need to get some subpoenas?

That is my guess, anyways.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXGcHkU_trI[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBy8-f_1BgQ[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUxMn6sUGiA[/ame]
O/T

Does anyone have a transcript for this? I cannot make out what Cindy is saying.

Listen to this hearing, starting at about the 25 minute marker...I found it hysterical that Jose "Calendar Guy" Baez does not want (basically) anything prior to Caylee's death to be released or discussed....when it's about his client.

http://www.wftv.com/video/19590678/index.html

But when it's about pointing the finger at JG or RK, JB wants to go back to the beginning of time, because the state is charging premeditation :waitasec:

I cannot wait for it to be settled in the hearing that her statements are coming in;because, imo if the jury hears this....it is over!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iso8spgHK-g[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSzUSf68PSU[/ame]

Old or young, educated or not, black, white, hispanic or asian, married or single......you play these tapes for the members of the jury from any county across America....they are very compelling.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCX84hgAsQg[/ame]

Am I wrong in thinking that this really will be the make or break hearing for the defense? I mean if they don't get the interview tossed or don't manage to call into question some element of the detectives or LE investigation at this hearing, if they don't win a motion here, then they literally have nothing? It's over and done. The Frye hearings for the decomp smell are really just window dressing as they won't eliminate the strongest smell evidence, which is CA's 911 statement. Their expert witnesses are dropping like flies and show no signs of having produced anything usable to defend her. Kronk as a scapegoat has been pretty well shot down. All they have left is the question of how Caylee died. But if the jury sees or hears about the Universal session, they won't really care about those specifics. Juries are not stupid. So will March 2 be the last big hurrah? And do you think anyone has bothered to explain this to KC yet? Or even will?

So, even IF the Hopespring Drive interview gets thrown out, which I don't think will be thrown out, we have Casey's written statement that I am 99.9% sure will be seen by the jury.

Casey's written police statement...

On June 9th, 2008 between 9am-1pm, I Casey Anthony took my daughter Caylee Marie Anthony to her nanny’s apartment. Caylee will be 3-years-old on August 9th, 2008. She was born August 9th, 2005. Caylee is about 3 feet tall, white female with shoulder-length brown hair. She has dark hazel eyes (brown/green) and a small birthmark on her left shoulder. She was wearing a pink shirt, jean shorts, white sneakers, and her hair was pulled back in a ponytail.

On Monday June 9th, 2008 between 9am and 1pm, I took Caylee to the Sawgrass Apartments located on Conway Rd. Caylee’s nanny, Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzlez is twenty-five-years-old, and is from New York. She is roughly 5 foot 7 inches tall, 140lbs. She has dark brown, curly hair, and brown eyes. Zenaida’s birthday is in September. I met Zenaida through a mutual friend, Jeffrey Michael Hopkins. She has watched his son, Zachary Hopkins for about 6 months to a year. I met Zenaida in 2004, around Christmas.

On the date listed above, June 9th, 2008, after dropping Caylee off at Zenaida’s apartment I proceeded to head to my place of employment Universal Studios Orlando. I have worked at Universal for over 4 years, since June of 2004. I Left work around 5pm and went back to the apartment to pick up my daughter. However, after reaching the apartment I realized that neither Zenaida, Caylee, or her two roommates were home. I have briefly met Raquel Farrell and Jennifer Rosa on various occasions. After calling Zenaida to see where she and Caylee were, and when they were coming home. I waited outside of the apartment - I had called Zenaida earlier that morning, prior to bringing Caylee over for the afternoon. When I called her that afternoon her phone was no longer in service. Two hours had passed, and around 7pm I left the apartment, and headed to familiar places that Zenaida would go with Caylee. One of Caylee’s favorite places is Jay Blanchard Park. I spend the rest of that evening pacing and worrying at one of the few places I felt “at home.” My boyfriend Anthony Lazzaro’s apartment.

For the past four weeks, since Caylee’s disappearance, I have stayed at Anthony’s apartment, in Sutton Place. I have spent everyday since Monday, June 9th, 2008 looking for my daughter. I have lied and stolen from friends and family to do whatever I could by any means to find my daughter. I avoided calling the police, or even notifying my own family out of fear. I have been and still am afraid of what has or may happen to Caylee. I have not had any contact with Zenaida since Thursday June 12th, 2008. I received a quick call from Zenaida. Not once have I been able to ask her for my daughter or gain any information on where I can find her. Everyday I have gone to malls, parks, any place I could remember Zenaida talking Caylee. I have gone out, and tried to find any information about Caylee, or Zenaida. Whether by going to a popular bar, or restaurant. I have contacted Jeff Hopkins on several occasions to see if he had heard from or seen Zenaida. Jeff currently lives in Jacksonville, Florida.

On Thurday, July 15th, 2008, around 12pm, I received a call from my daughter, Caylee[/B]

Totally OT i think

BOLD ITALICS UNDERLINED By me...WHY does she say that BETWEEN 9 am and 1pm she took Caylee to Zanny's?

Does she NOT recall what time she starts work? There is a 4 hour gap there. Could she not narrow the time down? Most people who WORK regular jobs, KNOW what time they start work everyday. Their daily routine would usually be the same week after week. So you would think she would be dropping Caylee off at the same time every day? Not only is she a habitual liar but She totally SUCKS at lying! There are so many lies in this written statement. Another thing I spotted on this thread somewhere, and I cant recall exactly but i will go back and find it, just another hole in her credibility, is ICA mentioned that she dropped Caylee off at the bottom of the stairs that lead up to the apartment. WHO PULLS UP WITH A 2 YEAR OLD AND SAYS "OK HONEY GET OUT! MOMMA'S GOTTA GO TO WORK!" I don't care how many times you have taken your toddler somewhere or how familiar they are with the place they are going, you get yer ttub out of the car, and you walk with your child to the door of the nanny's house and you go in and help her with her coat, give her a kiss good bye, tell her you will see her at 5:30 like always. You don't send a two year old off on her own up a flight of stairs to the nanny's apartment and just drive off. WHAT IF THE NANNY WASN'T HOME! NO real sane mother on earth would do that. I would be hard pressed to let my 5 or 6 year old do that. It would just be uncomfortable. I couldn't do it. I really don't think many mothers could.

She is a terrible terrible liar. And this ENTIRE Written statement is RIFE with Lies. I would be hard pressed to find more than 5 TRUTHS littered among the pathetic and completely ludicrous lies. So I would tend to agree that regardless of whether or not the Universal "interview" is allowed in or not. ICA is still hooped. In fact.. This written statement ALONE seems to be enough. IMO

On June 9th, 2008 between 9am-1pm, I Casey Anthony took my daughter Caylee Marie Anthony to her nanny’s apartment. Caylee will be 3-years-old on August 9th, 2008. She was born August 9th, 2005. Caylee is about 3 feet tall, white female with shoulder-length brown hair. She has dark hazel eyes (brown/green) and a small birthmark on her left shoulder. She was wearing a pink shirt, jean shorts, white sneakers, and her hair was pulled back in a ponytail.

On Monday June 9th, 2008 between 9am and 1pm, I took Caylee to the Sawgrass Apartments located on Conway Rd. Caylee’s nanny, Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzlez is twenty-five-years-old, and is from New York. She is roughly 5 foot 7 inches tall, 140lbs. She has dark brown, curly hair, and brown eyes. Zenaida’s birthday is in September. I met Zenaida through a mutual friend, Jeffrey Michael Hopkins. She has watched his son, Zachary Hopkins for about 6 months to a year. I met Zenaida in 2004, around Christmas.

On the date listed above, June 9th, 2008, after dropping Caylee off at Zenaida’s apartment I proceeded to head to my place of employment Universal Studios Orlando. I have worked at Universal for over 4 years, since June of 2004. I Left work around 5pm and went back to the apartment to pick up my daughter. However, after reaching the apartment I realized that neither Zenaida, Caylee, or her two roommates were home. I have briefly met Raquel Farrell and Jennifer Rosa on various occasions. After calling Zenaida to see where she and Caylee were, and when they were coming home. I waited outside of the apartment - I had called Zenaida earlier that morning, prior to bringing Caylee over for the afternoon. When I called her that afternoon her phone was no longer in service. Two hours had passed, and around 7pm I left the apartment, and headed to familiar places that Zenaida would go with Caylee. One of Caylee’s favorite places is Jay Blanchard Park. I spend the rest of that evening pacing and worrying at one of the few places I felt “at home.” My boyfriend Anthony Lazzaro’s apartment.

For the past four weeks, since Caylee’s disappearance, I have stayed at Anthony’s apartment, in Sutton Place. I have spent everyday since Monday, June 9th, 2008 looking for my daughter. I have lied and stolen from friends and family to do whatever I could by any means to find my daughter. I avoided calling the police, or even notifying my own family out of fear. I have been and still am afraid of what has or may happen to Caylee. I have not had any contact with Zenaida since Thursday June 12th, 2008. I received a quick call from Zenaida. Not once have I been able to ask her for my daughter or gain any information on where I can find her. Everyday I have gone to malls, parks, any place I could remember Zenaida talking Caylee. I have gone out, and tried to find any information about Caylee, or Zenaida. Whether by going to a popular bar, or restaurant. I have contacted Jeff Hopkins on several occasions to see if he had heard from or seen Zenaida. Jeff currently lives in Jacksonville, Florida.

On Thurday, July 15th, 2008, around 12pm, I received a call from my daughter, Caylee

RBM - I just highlighted the OBVIOUS bold faced lies in this statement. The

Green is the only Truth i see.

Sorry for the long rant. It blows me away that she had the audacity to write out this drivel and the Cajones to declare that it was the TRUTH. I can not wait. I live in Canada and I am SOOOO tempted to come down there for the trial on the day of her conviction, just to see the smart look wiped right off her face forever.

I did have a point before I went off. and the point was this.

How is it that an interview such as the one the LEO had with ICA at UNIVERSAL can ever really be stricken from the records? I understand that they can disallow it in court as evidence. which i know is what the Defense is wanting. But I really honestly think, that there is so much about this case that can not be ignored, regardless of a silly motion disallowing it. We here on WS have all these videos, transcripts, audio clips, etc, etc. Maybe the Jury will never see it. But the reality of it is, it exists, that interview HAPPENED. It's there in black and white for anyone in the world to read. I guess law kinda confuses me. I do totally understand the concept of disallowing this as evidence in front of a jury. I just find it hard to believe that CERTAIN things are allowed but not EVERYTHING. I would think that ANYTHING ICA said, did, went, with whom, should be heard by the jury. It's part of ICA and her MO.

It's the defenses job to get all flammatory evidence out but it won't happen. They have to do this or as another fine attorney said, they'd be committing malpractice. They must do all they can to counter what the State has/states but that's the crux of it all. No truth out of the mouth of a mother who's child is allegedly missing. She parties, drinks has freedom she hadn't had before but wants LE to believe she was conducting her own investigation.

It appears to me, the State of Florida has a solid, powerful case against this prisoner. Those jurors who use their common sense will not be able to understand not alerting authorities to an allegedly missing child. 30 days is critical. I doubt Baez will be able to offer that AHA moment, or show compelling reasons WHY this prisoner couldn't tell authorities or why she evaded her parents the entire month.

It appears the state has more experience in trials of this sort, than Baez or his counterpart can fake. I await trial, I await the jury's verdict and I believe justice will come for Caylee Marie...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Totally OT i think

BOLD ITALICS UNDERLINED By me...WHY does she say that BETWEEN 9 am and 1pm she took Caylee to Zanny's?

Does she NOT recall what time she starts work? There is a 4 hour gap there. Could she not narrow the time down? Most people who WORK regular jobs, KNOW what time they start work everyday. Their daily routine would usually be the same week after week. So you would think she would be dropping Caylee off at the same time every day? Not only is she a habitual liar but She totally SUCKS at lying! There are so many lies in this written statement. Another thing I spotted on this thread somewhere, and I cant recall exactly but i will go back and find it, just another hole in her credibility, is ICA mentioned that she dropped Caylee off at the bottom of the stairs that lead up to the apartment. WHO PULLS UP WITH A 2 YEAR OLD AND SAYS "OK HONEY GET OUT! MOMMA'S GOTTA GO TO WORK!" I don't care how many times you have taken your toddler somewhere or how familiar they are with the place they are going, you get yer ttub out of the car, and you walk with your child to the door of the nanny's house and you go in and help her with her coat, give her a kiss good bye, tell her you will see her at 5:30 like always. You don't send a two year old off on her own up a flight of stairs to the nanny's apartment and just drive off. WHAT IF THE NANNY WASN'T HOME! NO real sane mother on earth would do that. I would be hard pressed to let my 5 or 6 year old do that. It would just be uncomfortable. I couldn't do it. I really don't think many mothers could.

Respectfully snipped for brevity...With my daughter's "nana", she had me sign in every morning, so I could not have dropped my daughter off no matter if she was 11 years old. I think the sign-in requirement had something to do with these silly regulations the Commonwealth has to insure "nannies" keep good records and our children are safe/nannies are safe from litigation...
Of course, Zanny was a one-man show, didn't have a license, she was babysitting on the DL. Kinda like when we were kids and used to go to the next-door neighbor's house to be watched after school-No biggie, no sign-in silliness...poor Casey just didn't do her homework and trusted someone. Very frushtrating.
Here's the deal, though-We don't live in the 80's, we don't let our 2 year old walk the streets (or stairs), we know our babysitters and give our nearest relatives their info, nannies/sitters around the country are being forced to have licenses even if they are an after-school neighbor, KC had no real friendship with this woman to be so entrusting (they didn't go to Fusian together that I can remember KC saying, nor could KC even remember her phone number???)....and according to AnnieD, Caylee could not be 2 feet away from KC without becoming clingly, let alone roll out of KC's car and up the steps to some sort of beloved Zanny, who Caylee never even talked/babbled about.
Bull puckey. The whole thing.

Totally OT i think

She is a terrible terrible liar. And this ENTIRE Written statement is RIFE with Lies. I would be hard pressed to find more than 5 TRUTHS littered among the pathetic and completely ludicrous lies. So I would tend to agree that regardless of whether or not the Universal "interview" is allowed in or not. ICA is still hooped. In fact.. This written statement ALONE seems to be enough. IMO

On Thurday, July 15th, 2008, around 12pm, I received a call from my daughter, Caylee

RBM - I just highlighted the OBVIOUS bold faced lies in this statement. The

Green is the only Truth i see.

Sorry for the long rant. It blows me away that she had the audacity to write out this drivel and the Cajones to declare that it was the TRUTH. I can not wait. I live in Canada and I am SOOOO tempted to come down there for the trial on the day of her conviction, just to see the smart look wiped right off her face forever.

bbm

IMO a good possibility that timeframe 9am-1pm stood out to her because new boyfriend TonyL was in Class from 9am-1pm (he said so in his interviews) ..and that when he got home she would be there.

bbm

IMO a good possibility that timeframe 9am-1pm stood out to her because new boyfriend TonyL was in Class from 9am-1pm (he said so in his interviews) ..and that when he got home she would be there.

You know what really makes her story unbelievable. Your daughter is missing 31 days, you've searched everyday but can't remember the date (June 9th instead of the 16th) you last saw your daughter as if you got distracted by all the other stuff in your life (Fusion, stealing your best friend's money to shop till you dropped, texting all your friends about coming out to party [my personal favorite], etc.) jmo

You know what really makes her story unbelievable. Your daughter is missing 31 days, you've searched everyday but can't remember the date (June 9th instead of the 16th) you last saw your daughter as if you got distracted by all the other stuff in your life (Fusion, stealing your best friend's money to shop till you dropped, texting all your friends about coming out to party [my personal favorite], etc.) jmo

But, she's a stickler for middle names. Jeffery Michael Hopkins, Zenaida Fernandez Gonzales, Fusion Ultra Lounge.

2011.02.15 - Amended Motion to Suppress Statements (Thank you MuzikMan!)

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/71719679/20110216-Defense-Amended-Motion-to-Suppress-Statements

For reference, here is the original motion filed on 1/3/2011 (late): http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26367661/detail.html

The amendment to today's motion is the addition of numbers 11 and 12, they are now asking that the October 14, 2018 statements to LE be suppressed.

This is what they are additionally asking to be suppressed:

Part 1: http://www.wftv.com/video/19107079/index.html

Part 2: http://www.wftv.com/video/19107107/index.html

Part 3: http://www.wftv.com/video/19126676/index.html

If Jose has bothered to pick up a phone and ring me up, I would've told him his client was lying about these occurrences. But Noooooooooooo...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back