2011.01.05 Hearing TES Volunteer Computer Subpoena

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, what a hearing. Sorry I wasn't here when it was happening. My husband just had to get some kidney stones blasted today. He's home and doing fine now, and I just caught up on this thread.

So, he not only brought up Laura Buchanan (It's like open mouth, insert foot with this man, seriously), and then said that JJ had a done a felony!

See, this is why I can't be a lawyer. My immediate reaction to that was, SO, your client has done 12 more than he has, only 7 on the record right now. YOUR POINT?

I cannot BELIEVE he did that. Wow. There is really is no depth he won't go to. Thank GOD HHJP smacked him down and denied it. Can we say the most obvious fishing trip EVER?

And how in the heck can he be so clueless about the internet when his client is an EXPERT on it? Geesh, Baez, have her explain it to you! You sound like my mother for crying out loud!

In addition, I'm wondering if that's why Mason had his judge friend in court Monday?

Do you think they're fishing for another judge?

IMHO, it's a possibility.

Don't think it would ever work, though. Judge Perry knows the rules!

------------
Thank you CarolinaMoon.How many times can the defense change Judges? If they go by the book each will say the same.We all know hhJP has been more than lenient with this "group".

As we have all been told repeatedly, anything you put on the "worldwide web" is there forever and is in the public domain. If it was there, he could get a computer or internet expert to find what he is looking for, right? Come on JB. Do something useful.

BBM

Exactly, and it's not as if JB doesn't want to spend the money on getting it, cuz he would somehow squeeze it out of the JAC...it's the fact that Baez doesn't want to do the work himself...he just wants HHJP to "order" JJ to hand it over.

Well, guess what Baez? Didn't happen for ya today!

It was very interesting how HHBP interrupted CM to say Judge (can't recall is name right now) just left. It was almost as if he knew there was a purpose for Judge So and So to be there, and was letting CM know.....he knew what was going on and with the judge abruptly leaving the courtroom, evidently the mission failed.

And Cheney replied "Where's he going?"

IMO, Baez is incredibly rude to almost everyone he comes up against. Even in today's hearing, he brought up felony and felonious whenever he got the chance, like anyone has forgotten when he was in court with another motion to get JJ's tape saying no one on the defense had a problem with JJ taping it. He also made a snide comment about JJ trying to get in the way of the defense (forgot his exact words) and I was really glad to see the other attorney stand up and call him on it. It's like he can't get up and plead anything with the court without taking potshots at the court, the State, LE, random civilian witnesses, etc.

snip

BBM, I agree with you on this. He has no respect for anyone who opposes him, in my opinion. I think a jury is going to pick up on this right away and hold it against him. Wonder if CM is going to allow JB to do most of the questioning at trial?

At this point I don't think there is any depth that Baez won't sink to - he has proven his character time and time again as per the Florida Bar's objections to him have proven. Baez's character is deeply flawed, he doesn't play by the rules, he arrogantly shows the world his nature every time he opens his mouth. Life is all about choices, isn't it interesting how Casey's choice of lawyer fits so neatly with her own character? To be a good lawyer you must have a good poker face - you can't afford to let anyone know what you are thinking or what your strategy is. Baez like ICA, lets every emotion and every thought flit across his face and the jury will see it all.

It was a pleasure watching Judge Perry today and indeed it was a precursor of things to come.

BBM: In my opinion, and I shall borrow a little from the esteemed Judge Stan Strickland, - Jose Baez and ethics are complete strangers.

Jeez Baez, and this is really important REALLY? I will never understand his fascination with bloggers, it just seems like such a minor side issue that I can't believe the defense is investing any time in it at all. Perhaps he shouldn't read things that upset him and throw him off balance, kind of reminds me of celebrities who read the tabloids, they end up in a worse mess because their egos get bruised by what they read.

Baez should do himself a favor, and choose not to read. He needs to get on with the case, I'm sure there are other things to do.

Baez was yammering on in a previous hearing about how he is on a tight JAC budget and to get the expert witnesses to make reports would be expensive.

My best guess is..Baez will file some sort of motion stating he needs thousands of dollars extra for these reports to be generated for the prosecution.

So can someone explain what they think Judge Eaton was doing there? Like what would the defense be scheming by having him there, if indeed that's what happened?

Baez was yammering on in a previous hearing about how he is on a tight JAC budget and to get the expert witnesses to make reports would be expensive.

My best guess is..Baez will file some sort of motion stating he needs thousands of dollars extra for these reports to be generated for the prosecution.

Didn't JB claim that he paid his experts and investigators out of the rest of the money from the sale of Caylee's pictures? So I would think those experts provided reports because JB paid for them, didn't he?

He'll do something, anything other than actually finally complying with his Honor's orders. Probably, if nothing, out of pure spite. Casey and him are two peas in a pod. If nothing JB is a creature of habit who doesn't want to play by the rules, even if it's a Chief Judge's rules.

So can someone explain what they think Judge Eaton was doing there? Like what would the defense be scheming by having him there, if indeed that's what happened?

I think it was veiled threat to HHJP, like he better watch it or he'll get replaced, but it fell so flat the judge left and HHJP brought it up. It's like throwing a cream pie at someone, and they duck, and the pie boomerangs back and hits the thrower in the face. That's how bad this ploy was. HHJP was not amused and didn't looked threated in the least. They need to get used to him because he's NOT going anyway anytime soon.

BBM, I agree with you on this. He has no respect for anyone who opposes him, in my opinion. I think a jury is going to pick up on this right away and hold it against him. Wonder if CM is going to allow JB to do most of the questioning at trial?

One can only hope.

wait maybe I should be careful what I hope for. Could mean a mistrial or strong cause for an appeal. :/

Didn't JB claim that he paid his experts and investigators out of the rest of the money from the sale of Caylee's pictures? So I would think those experts provided reports because JB paid for them, didn't he?

I never heard how JB used up the hundreds of thousands of dollars her received from the media.

Very vague on how that money was specifically spent. (I'll guess most of it went in his pocket)

JB said in a recent hearing that he didn't ask the expert witnesses to provide reports as they are costly. (I call B.S)

What in the world was up with Cheney Mason in today's hearing? The post about Weekend at Bernie's was pretty accurate! He sat in the same position, hand up to his mouth, turned sideways, slouching and didn't move. It appeared to me that at least twice JB turned to him as if to ask for help or get some input from him and he didn't even acknowledge him. It was bizarre to say the least!

Gas?.......

it depends on what contract JB and company signed with the experts. Some experts want a lump sum of money to review publications, research, and opposing parties relevant production/evidence and then an hourly fee to prepare things like reports and the like. They are also paid to attend depos and the trial itself. Experts are handsomely rewarded. At least the experts my firm works with.

What I found most interesting in the hearing were Baez's reply to the Judge's questions, like "how do you know there are pictures?". I was waiting for him to say "I heard it through the grapevine." He is simply HOPING there are pictures. Jose has as much credibility as his client. He said that Jordan was 20-50 feet from the site where the body was found. Anyone want to believe it was more like 200-500 feet? I remember when the pictures were posted on WS and there were NO pictures other than the ones from Blanchard Park that I ever saw.

The Judge also made it very clear to Baez that blogs are OPINIONS, not facts.

Someone needs to send Baez a better fishing pole than he is using. He has wasted countless investigative hours looking for something that does NOT exist. I predict his law career will go down the toilet when this case is over. Even the prosecution has to prove "probably cause" before they can get a subpoena. Guess the rules just don't apply when Baez wants something.

What REALLY irritated me was how much Baez stressed the 'FELONIOUS" taping of the conversation between Joran and the investigator. I think he was hoping that the Judge would issue a warrant for Jordan's arrest on that alone.

I hope this hearing gets posted...it's not on wftv yet.

I never heard how JB used up the hundreds of thousands of dollars her received from the media.

Very vague on how that money was specifically spent. (I'll guess most of it went in his pocket)

JB said in a recent hearing that he didn't ask the expert witnesses to provide reports as they are costly. (I call B.S)

And I think you're guess is spot on. Heaven knows no discovery was even begun until AFTER Miss lies her pants off Anthony was declared indigent.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RowTheBoat
Back