2011.02.24 Deviant images & *advertiser censored* found on a computer and memory stick

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its decision time for BD. She has 2 choices. Dump him (if she isnt involved in Haileys disappearance and he doesnt have some dirt on her) or defend him. If she defends him well I guess that explains itself.

...snip... SA could also use open Wi-Fi as well. It's a little harder to track but every movement is traceable.
SA could sit in a parking lot and not even enter the business.
IMO BD did have internet access at some point. She's a liar! Why believe anything she has said?

There's an unsecured WiFi connection at the motel.

And Billie had access to myspace a few years back to meet Shawn, and had internet access at work as recently as October (when she printed off stories).

Its decision time for BD. She has 2 choices. Dump him (if she isnt involved in Haileys disappearance and he doesnt have some dirt on her) or defend him. If she defends him well I guess that explains itself.

I agree.
Actually, that decision should have been made 2 months ago! Better yet, it should have been made last Februaury, after SA threatened her. IMO, I will be shocked if she doesn't defend him, or stick with him.

i wonder if bd is behind, or on, the camera in any of those videos found on the memory stick... In her bedroom, home. Hard to deny you knew about them. She's sunk right along with him, imo.
b i n g o !!!!!

I agree right up until SHE called LE and said "I'm coming to get my computer now".

A lot of moms and grandmas only use "that dang machine" to check email - if that. And if that is all SHE would do on the computer she wouldn't know. BUT (and its a big one)

SHE called LE to get her computer back - which tells me that "someone" TOLD her what they had "stashed" on her hard drive. Why else would she have made that "unusual" request and for LE to immediately tag that computer and keep it as evidence.

I would like to know where this computer was in Mom's home.
I also would like to know how a person hides that many images and videos etc. I wonder how many gig of memory this all took up. Like a PP said, it's a surprise Mom's computer didn't blow up from all the virii & malware from these types of sites.

They have an X-box. Memory sticks can be read by X-boxes.

FLASH DRIVES (with a USB connector) can be read by an XBox. An external hard drive with a USB cable can be read by an XBox. A memory card inserted in a USB adapter can also be read by an XBox (as can an SD card, MMC card, microSD card). But an XBox has no "memory stick" slot, per se.
Also, SOME devices (my old DVR, for instance) have a USB port that is (per the owners manual and web searches) for "future expansion capabilities" and not actually wired up to anything. There was a TV set like that on one of the Black Friday sales, and the advertisement said it had a USB port, but did not note that it was not active.

my comp is so full of google now I had to look up bestiality................
that's how 'OLD' I am...........
Hubby told me what he saw in his Marine years.........BUT!
Thought it was just in foreign countries..............dumb I am

I'm really curious of the detail content of what they found. Like were any of the images of Hailey etc? Were all these child *advertiser censored* pics downloaded or were some taken by somebody that lives nearby?

I hope the FBI can identify the victims of the images and make sure they're safe and arrest can be made. This could lead to a whole string of arrest and charges. The LE statement of several subjects keeps dinging my head. Is this what they were referring to?

I'm thinking they have to either be exceptionally young children, (you'd be surprised how young some 18 year olds can be made up to look when you're complying with 2257) or children who are known to the local police, so therefor they know their real ages. Otherwise how would they know it's child *advertiser censored* and not just something that resembles child *advertiser censored*?

These devices are FLASH DRIVES (and called that in the descriptions, which do NOT refer to them as "memory sticks"). LE MAY have meant that they found a flash drive, but what is stated in the article is that it was a memory stick, which is a thin flat thing like a memory card, and does not have a built-in USB connection. Until we get clarification (as apparently many people immediately assumed "flash drive" when hearing "memory stick") we can agree to disagree on this point. BUT... if the search warrant specified a MEMORY STICK, and the item confiscated was a FLASH DRIVE, there may be some legal ramifications, in terms of it being used as evidence if it was outside the scope of the warrant.

I agree.
Actually, that decision should have been made 2 months ago! Better yet, it should have been made last Februaury, after SA threatened her. IMO, I will be shocked if she doesn't defend him, or stick with him.

But he is so AWESOME

:sick:

legal questions
Can BD be arrested for having the memory stick in her drawer?
and if on the Xbox? IN HER HOME?

Can SA be arrested since this was on mom's computer?
Or would mom be arrested??

Yeah, but if his mother wasn't computer savy or never had a suspicion about that and never looked, she may not have known it was there. There are programs out there to help hide files and whatnot on computers. I'm thinking she didn't know because she handed the computer over at first. I feel bad for her if she's finding out for the first time what her son was doing on her computer.

I have a laptop that I use almost exclusively. If, however, someone else wants to use it, I have an account set up for "guest" They need the user name (guest, in this case) and the password. When they log in, they cannot see my private files. In order to see them, they would need to log in under my user name and password. It's definitely possible to hide things on a computer that is shared. I know there are other ways to do it, but this (imo) is the most secure.

I am so happy that the RALLY is canceling BD now.
Now I wonder if they will cancel CD also.

I feel so bad for the officer who had to go thru each image. UGH!

Does C-City have their own unit for this type of thing or would it be sent to the FBI? Most bigger police forces have their own child exploitation units that specifically deal with child *advertiser censored* etc.

I'm yappin on about possession. You don't have to figure out who downloaded it or when. If it's in your dresser drawer and if LE can conclude that BJD knew about it then she should be charged. Of course BJD is gonna say "occifer I had no idea that was there" -- but she was in possession. If it was in her panty drawer, that doesn't put her in a good light. Again, I don't know if it was in her panty drawer or not. In TX you only have to knowingly possess. Wonder if her fingerprints are on it? All questions that have to be answered I guess.

MOO

Mel

(1) the person knowingly or intentionally possesses
visual material that visually depicts a child younger than 18 years
of age at the time the image of the child was made who is engaging in
sexual conduct.

Fingerprints would show that she "was in posession of" the memory card, but not necessarily that she knew what was on it. I have several identical memory cards, one with tax returns, one with legal documents, one with music... and if I don't put it into the computer to check, I do not necessarily know what is on "this one".

I have a laptop that I use almost exclusively. If, however, someone else wants to use it, I have an account set up for "guest" They need the user name (guest, in this case) and the password. When they log in, they cannot see my private files. In order to see them, they would need to log in under my user name and password. It's definitely possible to hide things on a computer that is shared. I know there are other ways to do it, but this (imo) is the most secure.

True. That reminds me of the fiasco with the Anthony computer and how many different logins there were, and what logins and passwords Casey knew and was using. Who knows, maybe SA knew his mom's password and put all of this stuff on her account. Or set up a dummy account for it. It's going to be interesting to see if he throws his mom under the bus to save himself.

Is this the reason for beefing up security??
1. did they recognize a child? an area?
2. scared people will lynch both BD & SA???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member