2011.03.07 Motions Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I am still fuming over THAT one. He has some nerve. He better NOT refer to her as a child come trial time. I will explode if I hear that come out of his mouth again!

Methinks the defense ship will be sunk if they continue with the "Casey is a child" mantra when they know that the jury will see those "childish" ;) photos of Casey doing the club/party scene.

I wonder if it's appropriate for Michelle Medina to allow ICA to be reading the transcripts of the sidebars on CM's laptop? Seems to me, if she should be privy to that info, they would have her up at the bench? I also noticed the "investigator", that thinks he should sit in front of the bar, reading along once or twice during the hearings last week. I cannot imagine that is appropriate!

If it's not appropriate, is there a chance that HHJP will put a stop to it?

Question, CM said today the detectives knew ICA did not work at Universal before they took her there, true?
How can CM say what LE knew for certain? They probably suspected she didn't, but she was happy enough to prove she did by taking them there. They were probably scratching their heads thinking WTF until she reached the end of the hallway. That's when they knew, imo.

[
In regards to George's parents... they live in Fort Myers, Florida (that is where I live) and there has been NOTHING in these few years in our local newspapers or actual news that has ever mentioned this.

I do feel bad for them because it seems that they had very little contact with Caylee in her short life. George, in the one of the jail visits, even tells Casey that grandma and grandpa Anthony are sorry that they were not more active in Caylee's life.

Are they even on a witness list? I am 99% sure that they are not on the State's witness list. Are they on the defenses witness list?

I understand that they want to stay out of this mess and understand why they have not spoken out on their feelings about this case, but I have always wondered what they think about all of this? Do they condone the behavior of their son and daughter-in-law?

Anyways, I do feel bad for them. I know that Cindy was supposed to make a trip down here to Fort Myers prior to Caylee's murder, but something came up? Just sad that they didn't get to see Caylee one last time before Casey murdered her.

I am happy that they are there for George... I just hope that they are there for Caylee too. I know last week they were sitting on the prosecution side... if that was them?

Is this the same guy GA allegedly threw through a plate glass window?

In summation, I think LDB's response to Defense arguments was brilliant and a bit audacious. (reading the transcript of KC's first call home after her arrest verbatim---using the f-word!)

Like a master Teppan chef, she sliced and diced their arguments and served them up as an appetizer with extra wasabi on the side.

When she first cross-examined GA on Wednesday, I swore i could hear the sound of knives being sharpened as she approached the podium.

Great analogy, mobius.

And the f-bomb was AMAAAAAZING.

Question, CM said today the detectives knew ICA did not work at Universal before they took her there, true?

Define knew. (sorry couldn't help myself).
Yes, I think they had a clue she didn't.

Mason - "

what CHILD would feel they were free to get up and walk out?"

CASEY WAS Not a CHILD!

I don't know about you but I don't know Any child that would be able to continue to lead and lie to LE as long ad kc has. Most children would have cracked by now.

in answer to Moe's above

I believe at that point they had her and her mother stating she was employed there. IIRC, ICA even suggested that her phone was there and that she had spoken to coworkers about Caylee being missing. IIRC she offered to go there with them in an effort to retrieve the phone or something to do with the phone and also to "look around" for Caylee because the invisinanny s'posedly had season pass and liked to take Caylee there.

I think it was at Universal when LE became aware that little miss ICA had a big ole lyin problem, as she walked them down a hallway purportedly taking them to her office, she finally fessed up.

So my guess is, not true Moe.

I don't think Cheney Mason did a good job at proving his point. I just find him likable?

As for calling Casey a "child." He's just playing word games. He is trying to make a point of Casey being this young, naive girl who didn't know what she was doing and that she was being intimidated by these big strong guys with guns. It's just word games. Did he get anywhere with these word games? Heck no!

Cindy Anthony tried this same approach on Larry King Live when Larry King asked Cindy whether she thought it was weird that Casey was out partying. Cindy replied "No, I don't think there is anything weird about a 22-year-old kid going out and partying." And Larry King quips back "Not while their child is missing?" And Cindy shut up real quick.

Cheney Mason is going to use this same approach with the jury... it's his job. I would much rather him at least TRY to defend his client than make this trial about himself... cough... Jose... cough.

I think the State did an amazing job of showing just how bad Cheney Mason was today. And let's be honest, it isn't like Casey Anthony gives Cheney Mason much to work with anyways. She is the perfect definition of the undefendable client.

MOO

I only wrote "old man" because I was typing verbatium what CM said. Said with respect, I just thought maybe you didn't know he was the one who brought that up. I also did say he was mumbling. but he was. Not trying to argue, just making myself clear. I believe in Websleuths TOS and I support the mods 100%. Trying to be helpful. :)

Um - I hope that was the only thing you were typing verbatim and nothing from LBD........:rocker:

I don't even think yours was one of them, Chiquita. :floorlaugh:

But thanks for the explanation. lol

Sorry, Beach, to cause you more work. I think it was me and I also used the word liar...which he was, but I understand where you are coming from and will refrain myself in the future.

I wonder if it's appropriate for Michelle Medina to allow ICA to be reading the transcripts of the sidebars on CM's laptop? Seems to me, if she should be privy to that info, they would have her up at the bench? I also noticed the "investigator", that thinks he should sit in front of the bar, reading along once or twice during the hearings last week. I cannot imagine that is appropriate!

If it's not appropriate, is there a chance that HHJP will put a stop to it?

I don't see anything wrong with the entire defense team (including the defendant, obviously) being privy to that information.

Monday 3/7 - The older couple shown in several photos on WS are not Anthony parents. They know the As from a Baptist church which the As attend on Sat or Sun nights. The couple took the As to Red Lobster last Friday after the hearing. The woman gave CA a small angel last week. CA collects little angels and keeps them in Caylee's room. CA's bff had a doctor appt last week and that is why she was absent one of the days.
The attorney for the As came in after the hearing began and asked both CA and GA when they would like to come to his office and sign an affidavit. GA said ASAP. They've been walking away from the parking garage when I've seen them leaving the courtroom lately. I think they found a free parking spot - perhaps at the attorney's office. InSession said to CA they would not show up unannounced and it would be around March 22. They'll call the attorney's office and set it up. I don't know what they were talking about.
During the hearing ICA was underlining and putting stars by the list LDB gave the court and the defense citing times when ICA spoke. She pointed to each one while she was talking to Michelle M. She was very animated. The courtroom sort of stopped in their tracks when LDB said the F word unexpectedly. Go TEAM!!!!

Sounds like we'll be seeing the Anthony's start their pre-trial media blitz?

This thread is closed for 5 minutes.

Check yourself before you post. No name calling. Period. Post with respect and class regardless how you feel about the players. No calling anyone a liar. No "mush mouth". No "old man". No need ANY for snarky insults.

Websleuths is above that sort of thing. There are plenty of forums that allow that, WS is not one of them. Admins are adamant about this and they are aware of what is being said on these threads.

During the 5 minute time out, I suggest taking a breather and calming down.

Hit thanks on this post so I will know who has read it.

Thanks,Can't find the thanks button on taptalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly, they had called Universal first and were told there were no employees by that name currently employed. They apparently told Casey that, and she said it must have been an error, and clung to her story. So they called her bluff and said "Let's go see your office."

So it is a judgement call whether they KNEW 100% that she did not work there yet. I am sure they had their doubts, but she is a pretty good liar and con artist because she is so flat out LYING that it is hard to believe she is really doing that. If someone says, SURE, I will take you to my office, then you think they might be telling the truth.

When there is a sidebar, the laptops are supposed to be closed, per the judges order, I believe.

in answer to Moe's above

I believe at that point they had her and her mother stating she was employed there. IIRC, ICA even suggested that her phone was there and that she had spoken to coworkers about Caylee being missing. IIRC she offered to go there with them in an effort to retrieve the phone or something to do with the phone and also to "look around" for Caylee because the invisinanny s'posedly had season pass and liked to take Caylee there.

I think it was at Universal when LE became aware that little miss ICA had a big ole lyin problem, as she walked them down a hallway purportedly taking them to her office, she finally fessed up.

So my guess is, not true Moe.

I would like to add, was it not that they also were searching for Casey's missing phone there? Or am I thinking of something else...:crazy: This case will drive anyone :crazy:.

I don't see anything wrong with the entire defense team (including the defendant, obviously) being privy to that information.

Well if YOU say it's Ok then it's fine by me, lol! :seeya:

It does just bug me though! Especially since they act so sneaky while peeking at it barely cracked open.

I feel that CM's argument was weak. LDB's argument had so much of Casey being able to freely do as she wished.

The defense keeps on grabbing onto the idea that LE knew Casey was lying that everything she said was checked up on and found to be untrue: that they decided they would do the "nice cop" thing and get her to talk.

The major 'win' for the SA I see is when LDB used LE exact words from the document where LE(at nausum)ask Casey if she wants to be there with them, that the door is unlocked, she is free to leave...

if I were on the jury, that would trump anything CM argued. It was clear, it is very clear, Casey was asking LE to help her go look for her child. LE was stumped that a mother would give false information when her child is missing.

In the end of that doc, LE even tells Casey that if there was an accident, they deal with that type of thing. They ask her if she is worried about what her family will think, they wonder if she is scared of her mother's judgement of her.

LDB used Casey's own words regarding Casey texting Tony and saying she had been "arrested on a ****ing whim" to further illustrate her arugment that Casey knew the difference between being arrested and her voluntary visit to universal.

CM says with LE having those guns on their hips, how could Casey not believe she was being arrested. IMHO: LDB of the SA has won this round. But, that is :cow: because that is for the judge to decide!

"here come the judge!"

:twocents:

Monday 3/7 - The older couple shown in several photos on WS are not Anthony parents. They know the As from a Baptist church which the As attend on Sat or Sun nights. The couple took the As to Red Lobster last Friday after the hearing. The woman gave CA a small angel last week. CA collects little angels and keeps them in Caylee's room. CA's bff had a doctor appt last week and that is why she was absent one of the days.
The attorney for the As came in after the hearing began and asked both CA and GA when they would like to come to his office and sign an affidavit. GA said ASAP. They've been walking away from the parking garage when I've seen them leaving the courtroom lately. I think they found a free parking spot - perhaps at the attorney's office. InSession said to CA they would not show up unannounced and it would be around March 22. They'll call the attorney's office and set it up. I don't know what they were talking about.
During the hearing ICA was underlining and putting stars by the list LDB gave the court and the defense citing times when ICA spoke. She pointed to each one while she was talking to Michelle M. She was very animated. The courtroom sort of stopped in their tracks when LDB said the F word unexpectedly. Go TEAM!!!!

RBBM and soooo many thanks to you Amil!

Arrrrgggh I had to miss this whole day--is there a summary thread like last week? Off to look and start catching up--I can tell already it will be worth reading through every post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez