2011.04.15 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at the sticker part. JB says YM erroneously puts down that the residue was from a sticker. Didn't they find a heart shaped sticker at the remains site? And it was destroyed in processing?

It was an adhesive residue in the shape of a heart. And that residue was discovered on the duct tape around Caylee's mandible

i sure hope she spends less time working on her funky hairdos and more on trying to figure out on how NOT to try and act like everyone else during trial. they're all not on trial for a toddler's murder, so yes, they are all "acting normal" because they may be. she however...anyway, i kinda wonder what the judge thinks of her constant grooming and the extreme concerns about her hair. i guess those are the only things she has control over now.

I can see why JB wanted to keep the photo of ICA with Caylee at Ricardo's house. If you look at the photo HHJP is holding up it looks like there is an unmade bed behind her. Isn't THAT what JB wants cropped out, not the Caylee T shirt.
That must be the bed ICA had Caylee in with her and Ricardo...

i sure hope she spends less time working on her funky hairdos and more on trying to figure out on how NOT to try and act like everyone else during trial. they're all not on trial for a toddler's murder, so yes, they are all "acting normal" because they may be. she however...anyway, i kinda wonder what the judge thinks of her constant grooming and the extreme concerns about her hair. i guess those are the only things she has control over now.

When I first tuned in the Judge had yet to come in and the camera zoomed in on her for the longest time. She either had fake eyelashes on or tons of caked on mascara, I'm not sure which. She looked a bit like Lucy Ricardo on a bad day.

When I first tuned in the Judge had yet to come in and the camera zoomed in on her for the longest time. She either had fake eyelashes on or tons of caked on mascara, I'm not sure which. She looked a bit like Lucy Ricardo on a bad day.

yeah, if she's using eye makeup; it's not serving her any justice. (excuse me while i vomit after the latter part of my sentence). and i'm sure this was discussed but what's with the bracelet? she can do THAT now too? was it a hair tie? if she wants sympathy she should stick to her jailer's suit and a pony tail. that's the most honest advice i can give her.

I can see why JB wanted to keep the photo of ICA with Caylee at Ricardo's house. If you look at the photo HHJP is holding up it looks like there is an unmade bed behind her. Isn't THAT what JB wants cropped out, not the Caylee T shirt.
That must be the bed ICA had Caylee in with her and Ricardo...

I agree, ZsaZsa. JB argued (ok I am being kind there) two reasons not to allow that photo--one, the mark under Caylee's eye and that jurors might draw conclusions about that; and two, the fact that they were apparently in RM's bedroom, which looked messy or unkempt, and that jurors might draw conclusions about that. JB did not go into detail on what kinds of conclusions jurors might have drawn from these two pieces of information.

JA seemed pretty dedicated to just using that photo to give a timeline of when Caylee was seen in the Big Trouble shirt, especially that CA/GA had not seen it, so he didn't push back on either of the two "side" concerns JB raised.

I watched much of the hearing and couldn't help but notice the difference in the demeanour and behaviour of the two sides. ICA and her "boys" were smiling (although she'd often try to hide her smiles), whispering to each other, touching, apparently having a good time (although ICA did become more serious as the judgments and sidebars went on). The State team, on the other hand, seems to be much more serious; I didn't see them giggling and whispering together.

Looking at the two groups, it's hard to believe that ICA is the one whose child died two years ago. Her lawyers are not much better than she is. Can't they try to take this a bit seriously? Even if they are planning to pretend that this was an accident, or that "some other dude did it," surely there ought to be some expression of sadness or concern that a child - Casey's child - died tragically??

I was also rather horrified by Baez' comments about the photos from Fusion. I think he rather gave himself away by saying that "these were taken after the crime" (I think he later stuck in "alleged crime") but what horrified me was that he went on to say "so there is no relevance." What? You wouldn't think it was relevant that a supposedly loving mother was out partying hard and happily after her child was (a) kidnapped or (b) killed? Really?

We can look at it this way. A man is having money problems, doesn't have enough money to do what he wants. A rich woman the man knows and was last seen with is murdered and her money disappears. The man is subsequently seen spending money and buying things he couldn't buy before. Certainly that would be evidence that connects the man to the crime.

In the same way, Casey was having "Caylee problems." Her child was hindering her from doing what she wanted - partying, having sex, getting out from under her parent's thumbs. Caylee disappears and is found dead. The fact that Casey is seen as happily enjoying her new freedom and being able to party IS evidence. It shows that the crime accomplished her goals.

Tink

Why wasn't AF there today? Wasn't the whole "state of mind" motion her idea

JA pointed out that the reason the photo of Caylee in the Tshirt was important was that CA/GA denied ever seeing it before,and so that would show that ICA was the only person with the shirt in her possession.
My question is this:- How long do you think it will be before CA has another dramatic 'return' of memory and realizes she has seen it before,it was just the meds she was on that confused her.....? :sick:

Just caught what CM said that I didn't catch while watching live.

http://www.wftv.com/video/27561873/index.html
around the 4:40 mark

They are discussing that only one atty will know the location of where they are going to go to try and pick a jury, and HHJP says to JA that if he can't live with that then he can let Mr. Lawson know so that he can be replaced. CM says "we can live without you". JA/the courtroom doesn't catch it and JA says "excuse me" and CM says louder, "we can live without you"[/I] and LDB pats JA and says "no, no" (as in no don't respond). What a toddler in an aged body CM is!! Is he really proud of the way he comes off? To me, he's made a big :butthead: of himself several times now. WTH??? How can a man his age and with his experience behave like that? It's pathetic.

Also in part 4, JB is really questioning how these potential juror's are going to notified. Luckily HHJP says they will be notified as any other juror would with no special notices. Thank God b/c I can see the DT attempting to tamper with the jury if they had something to look for. Not saying they still can't try, but at least HHJP won't give them any hints. This DT is not to be trusted at all. (around the 40 second mark)

I am suddenly so sad for Caylee. :tears:

moo

In the context of the discussion of family, it may have been "They can live without you" or "They can't live without you?" But whatever it was must have been really nasty. Watch BS and KB in the background (and remember how obnoxious CM has been to her as well).

I can't completely trust this judge until he stops yukking it up with CM while getting snippy with JA.

I must say JB did for the most part behave himself (unlike CM). He did seem quite deflated after the shrinks got withdrawn.

I watched much of the hearing and couldn't help but notice the difference in the demeanour and behaviour of the two sides. ICA and her "boys" were smiling (although she'd often try to hide her smiles), whispering to each other, touching, apparently having a good time (although ICA did become more serious as the judgments and sidebars went on). The State team, on the other hand, seems to be much more serious; I didn't see them giggling and whispering together.

Looking at the two groups, it's hard to believe that ICA is the one whose child died two years ago. Her lawyers are not much better than she is. Can't they try to take this a bit seriously? Even if they are planning to pretend that this was an accident, or that "some other dude did it," surely there ought to be some expression of sadness or concern that a child - Casey's child - died tragically??

I was also rather horrified by Baez' comments about the photos from Fusion. I think he rather gave himself away by saying that "these were taken after the crime" (I think he later stuck in "alleged crime") but what horrified me was that he went on to say "so there is no relevance." What? You wouldn't think it was relevant that a supposedly loving mother was out partying hard and happily after her child was (a) kidnapped or (b) killed? Really?

We can look at it this way. A man is having money problems, doesn't have enough money to do what he wants. A rich woman the man knows and was last seen with is murdered and her money disappears. The man is subsequently seen spending money and buying things he couldn't buy before. Certainly that would be evidence that connects the man to the crime.

In the same way, Casey was having "Caylee problems." Her child was hindering her from doing what she wanted - partying, having sex, getting out from under her parent's thumbs. Caylee disappears and is found dead. The fact that Casey is seen as happily enjoying her new freedom and being able to party IS evidence. It shows that the crime accomplished her goals.

Tink

I'm not surprised by Jose's comments. He has to try something to get those pictures removed. It's the SA's job to prove the reason for using them. And JB's job to play dumb and force them to prove it.

He (DT) Is playing dump to the importance of showing her attitude after the fact. Claiming that it has nothing to do with the crime and/or it doesn't prove she had anything to do with the crime. It's the DT's claim, and they are sticking to it. At the same time, they were trying to explain why she was acting that way. But that option got tossed today.

In the end, he did win something. The SA showed him the pictures they are planning on using. That narrows things down a bit.

I can't completely trust this judge until he stops yukking it up with CM while getting snippy with JA.

Noticed this myself...was disappointed...hope he isn't getting an "Ito" complex heading into the homestretch (many have succumbed to this temptation).

OK - so quotes of the day . . . .
"Fortunately Mr. Baez . . . we don't live in Egypt . . . We don't live in Libya . . . . . "
Here is one of mine - with my caption being what I heard of this gem!
judgefunny.jpg

The man cracks me up! 48 hours snib was priceless! (Yes, I made the word snib up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina