2011.05.04 Verdict Watch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right on that.....I watched both trials and thought the jurors got it right both times.

One I thought they got it wrong on was Rae Carruth. Yeah, he did get convicted of something, but he should have been convicted of a lot more IMO. He set up the murder of Sharika, and the attempted murder of his unborn child, leaving that child severely retarded in the process. He should have gotten at the very least, life without parole IMO.

Back when all this happened in 08 I brought up the possibility that this was financially related. Now that the evidence has been presented, does anyone have a timeline that they have put together for 08?

I'm asking because I went through Wake County's register of deeds site again to refresh my memory. In Feb 08, Brad and Nancy took out a second mortgage on their house for $79K. I'd like to put that together with what was going on in the marriage. I watched Krista's testimony last night/this morning, and I seem to remember that in Feb She was getting the house ready to sell and maybe that was when the birthday party was that Brad complained about? Where did all that cash go? I wish that would have been brought up. It would have painted a bigger picture of the financial issues.

If anyone has a timeline, please point me in the right direction...

Thanks.

Sorry, don't have a timeline for you, but I did go through the deeds and docs way back when. When you're looking at them make sure you are not confusing the recording date and the execution date. I seem to remember those docs were signed in late Dec/early Jan, right around the holidays.

I am afraid M. Peterson is going to get a new trial based on the D. D. blood analysis done by the SBI. He's the guy who was fired several months ago and his testimony in the M. Peterson trial was so good. I really liked him during the course of his testimony in that case and I was shocked and saddened when the news came out about the SBI lab and his firing.

IMO, DD was scape-goated big time. JMO

One I thought they got it wrong on was Rae Carruth. Yeah, he did get convicted of something, but he should have been convicted of a lot more IMO. He set up the murder of Sharika, and the attempted murder of his unborn child, leaving that child severely retarded in the process. He should have gotten at the very least, life without parole IMO.

Oh Gosh, you are taking me back. The neighborhood Sharika drove into while shot was the neighborhood I was living in at the time! Yes, he was another one that thought people were disposable.

It was only a couple of hours. They told the judge they had reached a verdict but they wanted to leave for the day and come back the next morning to present the verdict. So everybody had to wait over night and the next morning they were ready with their NG verdict.

Ah that's right. That's how everyone was able to cram into any electronics store around to watch it on TV. I remember the scene vividly.

I remember the cheers of everyone around me too when the verdict was read.

Scott Heider...I think testified about the Ironman costs....2000.00 to 2500.00 per race. Add on to that would be the cost and maintenance of a very high end Bike, shoes, helmuts etc. I would imagine a pretty expensive sport. I think Brad spent lots on Brad...and didn't think a thing about it.

One of the interesting things about the "adventures of brad" website was him blogging about his bike (I believe Jan or Feb 2008) and some expenses required to get it up to snuff for the July 12th, 2008 Iron Man. I think you are right, Nancy wasn't the only one who spent money without thought.

So....spending too much money is worthy of a death sentence? Good grief! :crazy:

Back when all this happened in 08 I brought up the possibility that this was financially related. Now that the evidence has been presented, does anyone have a timeline that they have put together for 08?

I'm asking because I went through Wake County's register of deeds site again to refresh my memory. In Feb 08, Brad and Nancy took out a second mortgage on their house for $79K. I'd like to put that together with what was going on in the marriage. I watched Krista's testimony last night/this morning, and I seem to remember that in Feb She was getting the house ready to sell and maybe that was when the birthday party was that Brad complained about? Where did all that cash go? I wish that would have been brought up. It would have painted a bigger picture of the financial issues.

If anyone has a timeline, please point me in the right direction...

Thanks.

IMO sounds like a consolidation to equity line..:twocents: they racked up credit card debit and then used the equity line of credit to pay it off, so they could write it off on taxes... that would be a smart way to "hold onto" debt... but be able to get some cash back and not just pay nasty interest rates..

One of the interesting things about the "adventures of brad" website was him blogging about his bike (I believe Jan or Feb 2008) and some expenses required to get it up to snuff for the July 12th, 2008 Iron Man. I think you are right, Nancy wasn't the only one who spent money without thought.

Interesting: Iron Man on 7/12/2008...

I wish I could see this "offer of proof" or whatever they did with CF. Did he specifically address the type of VPN connection?

We cannot assume all Cisco VPN connections are Layer 3. In the real world there are plenty of good reasons to use Layer 2 in specific cases when you want your computer to appear fully connected to another network segment.

Something to consider as you think about this, and an analogy for our non-networking friends:

Layer 2 contact is the most intimate form of contact. There is no firewall, no IPS, no access lists, no routing tables. This is the most open form of network connection.

A company's lab network, full of unreleased product, is going to be among the most closed networks. Typically, a lab network will not be allowed even layer 3 access to the Internet.

No way. No how. No layer 2 access to a lab.

Interesting: Iron Man on 7/12/2008...

SH testified to this. They had initially planned to do this but found out they could not get a hotel room close to the race so they decided not to go.

I can't remember exactly how long they were out Lori (a few days?). But I sure remember freaking out because many of us were thinking he'd get off. There was a poster at another site and she was in Court and she gave us all a pep talk because she had watched the jury and had total confidence in them!

Scott Peterson trial was 5 months of testimony, 7 days of deliberation. Sounds like about a work week.. i think i remember this now.. they came back after working a 1/2 day on Monday with the verdict. .I remember exactly where I was when I heard it!

The clorox clean-up bottles were the only thing I recall from the bathroom photos.

I have those in all my bathrooms, and in one bathroom they are always on the sink. I promise it is for no nefarious reasoning.

Later all, see you tomorrow. I have a feeling the Coleman jury will have a decision before this one is decided. jmo Have a good one.

Jury possibly looking to other theories is positive to me. Seems they may be looking at other theories of how/where BDI. The foyer theory, for me, has always been weak. I don't believe BC cleaned there at all. He just said he did. Now the bathroom? At least product is visable/available.

I always thought the bedroom. This was planned well in advance. It wouldn't take much planning to figure out that your chances of success would be greater if your victim was prone and asleep when attacked.
Wrap her up in the sheet, and you don't even need that drop cloth.

Body fluids on a bed? Well of course, she sleeps there.
Too bad DD sat on the freshly made bottom sheet. That picture would have been very visual piece of evidence.

Theory for me all along has been it happened in the master bathroom. I believe he crept in on her when she got home from the party. He saw her silouette and followed her.

Then why wasn't her blood alcohol higher considering she drank all evening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876