2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
could be plenty of reasons for that, white or not your family could have raised you anywhere. he could be albino!

This is true. My husband is Turkish, but his race is caucasian. Normally, though, Hispanic has its own "check box".

This man has a trip scheduled for tomorrow. Not sure if he can change his ticket.

They have asked him to check and see if he can.

:lol: Judge Perry says he hopes it isn't with Jet Blue or Air Tran.

From Twitter (earlier):

JimLichtenstein Jim Lichtenstein
by LeonardPadilla
One of the jurors walked in, looked at Casey, and mouthed "crap".

Question for the defense team......they complained forever that they wanted the case moved to South Florida.....they complain that the Hispanic population is underrepresented....YET.....a number of the Hispanic jurors called have a clear language barrier.

WTH were they thinking? That South Florida would have Hispanic persons with BETTER English??

Stop playing the race card JB and stop claiming discrimination.....it's falling on deaf ears....and I'm not talking about Mason's.

Juror 3203: Male. No hardship. Just started a business..could get his brother to run it. No financial issues, no family issues. Going out of town tomorrow-Monday to visit his children. Plane tickets bought/paid for. If airlines refund his tickets, he'll postpone so he can come back for round 2 of questioning. Would impose a hardship if he had to repurchase tickets. Will check with airline today.

Leaving to check with airline..will be back.

WHOA. Dude hasn't seen his kids in 3 years, but he mentioned grand babies, so they are adults I guess?

From Twitter (earlier):

JimLichtenstein Jim Lichtenstein
by LeonardPadilla
One of the jurors walked in, looked at Casey, and mouthed "crap".

:floorlaugh: How's that for candor Judge?

HHJP - hope its not airtran or jet blue - they're not good corporate citizens

male, just started a business but brother could run it, has a trip planned to Ohio tomorrow,
uh oh, can it be postponed? yes, if plane tickets are refundable, state asking if he could not get tickets refunded and had to postpone the trip would it create a hardship, yes, he will check, trip is personal to see kids and g.kids, daughter bought tickets,

3203: Hardship? no sir. I think I can handle it. I run a business and my brother can run that. No family issues...I am supposed to go to Ohio to visit my kids tomorrow. Is that gonna hurt?

HHJP: (laughs) Uh, yeah we need you here tomorrow.

I can cancel.

HHJP: anybody want to inquire?

George: if you can't get a refund...( no sound from prosecution mic)

HHJP: why don't you go check...what was the purpose of the trip?

To see kids and grandbaby. My daughter bought the tickets.

HHJP: we will get you in and out as soon as you have that information. she if they will be wiling the change fee, at the airport because you are serving on a jury.

Okay.

3203 male

not hardship, will get brother to run business he jsut started

leaving to Ohio to visit kids tomorrow until Monday - hasn't seen kids in 3 years

asked to call airline/daughter and return today (not leave)

Tough timing when so many people have made vacation plans. :sigh:

Did the judge just diss jetblue and airtran for not being good corporate citizens??? u go judge!! lmbo!

Juror #3308 ~ male, has a vacation scheduled to visit his grandma. Believes they're non-refundable. cannot remember if he's flying Delta or US Airways.

Nice baseball tickets to take grandma to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove