2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camera pan to Casey. This juror's daughter has a 3 year old she helps take care of, born June 2008. Juror's daughter is working and going to school. NO reaction from KC ...she is cold as ice when hearing about a similar situation. No tears, nothing.

This lady is really trying to get out of here fast. I think she just doesn't want to say she knows of the case. Anyone else get that impression?

Problem with using the homeless is many of them suffer from drug/alchol abuse or have mental issues.
Proberly won't be a smart idea.

I was actually wondering about this last night, if somebody was an alcoholic, they'd have to admit that during this questioning right? I don't suppose they'll be supplied beer in their hotel room?

LOL! SA has questions (they want her, obviously) but CM has no questions. She is excused for cause.

Darn it.

3048 - woman

they take care of 3yo girl and she is caregiver of grandaughter (daughter is single mom and lives with them), daughter works and goes to school, husband works - taking care of granddaughter since birth

mr george - state does not give daughter funding, could get someone to help for a day or two but not 8 weeks plus cost of daycare

excused for cause

OMG - this juror is literally describing the A's lives. Exact same situation!!!! Oh my.

BIG HUGE difference is their daughter is working AND going to college!!!!

oh my - I'm just stunned - what a shame they excused her

Way to go HHJP, There are a lot of homeless people out there ATM with time to sit this trial, in need of a place to stay and probably in need of three squares. Didn't Baez sat he wanted a more ethnic selection to choose from...Nothing wrong with people down on their luck getting some help and benefiting the community at the same time.

Here's a thought, I bet there are a lot of prisoners there who have driver's licenses :)

I know it could never happen, but if we're going the homeless route, let's go the prison route. At least it would be a jury of her peers!

MOO

Mel

the grandma could use the 30 dollars a day to pay for the childcare....is one question i would have asked her......cause i want her on the jury :)

Substance abuse and mental illness come to mind, but I'm sure there's some possibilities.

Most homeless people with mental illnesses and substance abuse problems do not have drivers licenses. I think that they can find a few really good jurors when that is weeded out from the homeless shelters. I have no problem with this idea. I think it will give them something positive in their lives at a time when things are so bad for them. I know so many people who have had wonderful lives, jobs, etc... until three-four years ago. They are not uneducated or lazy... they are just down on their luck. I think it is worth a shot. At least JB can not complain that nothing was done about it?

I also think that them wanting a more ethnic jury is going to severely backfire on them. Why JB thinks that a more ethnic juror won't find Casey as deplorable as a white juror boggles my mind. I find it insulting and I am white!

I was actually wondering about this last night, if somebody was an alcoholic, they'd have to admit that during this questioning right? I don't suppose they'll be supplied beer in their hotel room?

:floorlaugh: sorry :blushing:

OMG - this juror is literally describing the A's lives. Exact same situation!!!! Oh my.

BIG HUGE difference is their daughter is working AND going to college!!!!

oh my - I'm just stunned - what a shame they excused her

Her voice was cracking..bless her sweet little heart. You can tell she loves her family!

These two grandma's would never believe Cindy .Never. Darn,wish they had stayed.

#3136. Female. Hardship - yes, husband being sent overseas (non-military/govt contractor) leaving in early July. Also, her position at work is one with some responsibility. Lengthy absence would cause problems for the company.

I wonder what it is like for ICA to sit and listen to these people's lives and how close it hits close to home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove