2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am concerned that all the moms will be excused. :(

That is killing me!!!! I really wish I lived down there and I was called on. Grrrrr. I am just thinking about the difference there is when you watch a child versus having a child. I know that there was a MAJOR difference for me when I had my son three months ago. Is it just me...or am I still emotional because I was pregnant? One can only hope that these potential jurors have the same feelings for Caylee that we all do here.

Maybe they should select people from "The villages."

My in-laws live there :)

But even they could probably not do this...they count on each other for medical support, etc. even though they are both relatively healthy, they could not leave the other totally alone for two months.

I think this is a special case, I don't think getting out of jury duty, per se, is "easy" but nothing is normal about a case with DP for two or more months in another city.

Wow, just realized this. Will Court be held this Saturday too? They can't possibly be through all the jurors, then the next round from the homeless shelter, and then the final round before Tuesday. Judge keeps saying trial starts Tuesday, adamantly.

IIRC, the Judge said they will be there Saturday:great:

I think IS was projecting 100-115 JMOO

Thanks! At the rate they're going, it will likely be late Friday before they go on to the next level of questioning, which should go a whole lot faster. I'm worried about the time frame......it's going to be tight getting a jury and being set to begin on Tuesday.

I'm watching on TruTv. Did they just say that they're thinking of pulling from the homeless shelter next door for potential jurors????? That's tent city! They live in tents provided to them by the county.

http://www.pinellashope.org/

I heard JP say something about this earlier ...

Maybe they could try the "unemployment office" ? know what I mean ?

ETA: And ... if they get picked -- let them KEEP the unemployment check as well as the check from the court. It is taking many people a long time to find jobs so if they are already getting an unemp. check, then let them serve for the 6-8 weeks ... plus their hotel and meals ...

CM threats them like they are stupid. They say they have no problems, then he proceeds to list off various problems they might have.
I'm convinced he's just wasting time.

I'm white, but a lot of my family is African American and I agree with you 100%!! AA women will also not understand why Cindy didn't yank Casey by the neck and slap the taste out of her mouth a long time ago. They will not be able to relate to Casey and they will NOT feel sorry for Casey.

As for the AA men, the same can be said for all races. My dad was a dead beat dad and still is. I was raised by a single mother too. She raised three girls. Sure she had help from my Aunts and at one point really early in my life, my Great Grandmother, but she also took care of them because they were all elderly. All women in my family. My cousin, who is 38 and AA, was the last male born into my family. Since then, it has been all girls. He's a wonderful husband and a first time father to my new cousin who is six months.

Yeah, the whole "ethnic" thing is going to backfire on JB!

I agree and just based on accents I hear a fairly diverse amount of ethnicities in court ,Asian and Hispanic ,anyway.
I hesitate to say that because ,of my 7 children ,4 are adopted .Three of them are AA and I guess they don't "sound " the way some people expect. Irks me when rude people actually mention it!

"You'd be back before then" the judge says about July 13th...

I love it...this lady wants to do the right thing. Is willing to take vacation to serve.

She'll be back before July 13, 2011, for her daughter's birth, so says the Judge.

Hmm... this lady seems too eager. Willing to use vacation, she wants to do the right thing.

Her daughter is having a baby July 13th

CJBP says she will be done by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members