2011.05.11 Kc sick removed from court

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said that a "juror was slapped w/contempt" today? I missed that. Any details, please!

And, if JB lashed out at Casey and compared her to a two year old, you can bet that Casey was embarrassed and humiliated. She is used to having JB as her "rock", thinking he will be covering her @$$ at all times. Well, he's obviously had enough. That does not go with her normal expectation of him. She's out of her comfort zone with him now.

I suspect that as Casey was growing up, her parents dealt with her meltdowns the wrong way, and Casey became a great manipulator. I can see her as a 4 yr. old getting the attention away from anything she would be punished for, by having a stomachache, acting like she was hurt or sick, then the parents would refocus on that instead of whatever she had done that was wrong.

I wish I were a psychiatrist and she were my patient. I'd love to have her childhood before my eyes! And her parents (family dynamics).

Now that the Nancy Cooper trial is over, I'm back over here to Casey, and then on to the Jason Young trial which is upcoming. I live only a few blocks from NC's ex-home, and maybe 3 miles from JY's/Michelle's ex-home/murder site. Makes it especially interesting.

A young man was in the lunch room seated close to IS Media staff... he noticed
their Media badges and asked who they were with. One of the staff, aware that he was probably a potential Juror asked him "Are you up for Jury Duty" as he was going to explain to him that they are not allowed to talk to Jury at all. The guy answered 'Yes but I'm trying to get out of it". He tried to engage them in conversation again and was told what the rules were.
When they went back from lunch one of the IS staff reported him.
HHJP was not amused.

Anxiety is the least of her problems. All I can say is waaaaaaaaaaa and let my mind go to Caylee getting Justice.

yep definately was a panic attack but just as a wee matter of interest, there is/was a case over here of a serial killer Peter Tobin and every time and I mean every time he appears in court he feigns heart problems and gets carted for medical attention. I think very soon the courts wisened up to his shenanigans x

Yes I think the jail staff see a lot of malingerers,and have seen this many times,both spontaneous and self-induced- it is quite easy to provoke these symptoms , so it wouldn't be totally shocking if she does it deliberately. It can look dramatic if you don't recognize what it is.

I have panic attacks. I use to say I woudnt wish them on my worse enemy. Well now I dunno what to say LOL

Casey has lied so much, its hard to take any thing she says seriously. This is why your mother should have told you the " Boy who cried wolf story" when you were a child. ( Cindy probably skipped this one)

That being said, Ms. Anthony has alot to be panic-y about. What about telling the truth for once in your life, Casey. The truth will set you free....or lock you up...

If you look at her hands as she walked out they are in spasm. It is tetany, spasms caused by hyperventilation.
Lots of psychological problems manifest themselves in physical symptoms.
She was feeling anxious, and started hyperventilating. She was taken out,
I think she was seen by a Nurse and probably given a paper bag to breathe in, and came back in after ten minutes or so. It's very common.
She does it to herself.....

I know what an anxiety attack is.. I have a pretty good understanding of psych issues. My point was that all I saw was her clenching and unclenching her hands.. I saw her and her lady lawyer messing with their hands together at the table before they took her out. I saw no other signs of an anxiety attack.. When did you see her hyperventilating?

Exactly.

The spasming hands aren't psychological. They are a physiological effect caused by too much oxygen and not enough CO2 in the blood. In other words caused by hyperventilating. The hyperventilating is typically caused by stress. The hands are an actual physical problem. She really can't feel her hands and they really are spasming.

Work EMS near a University during finals week. You'll see enough of this to be able to spot and diagnose it in your sleep.

I haven't read the entire thread, but was going to state what you just did! When I was much younger I had a couple of experiences like that, and it was due to hyperventilation (due to severe anxiety). My hands went in to spasm- it was very scary. I lived. :)

This is a TERRIFIC sign. It means she finally gets it. That this is real. Awesome!:rocker:

OR, Jose won't give her the time of day and she can't function without her 'rock'. IMO, either explanation is plausible and possible.

She's been trying to leave since she first got there this morning. She appeared to be angry and upset throughout the day, especially with JB.

What's up with her and JB??? Is she pouting about him telling her she was acting like a 2 yr old yesterday?

I know what an anxiety attack is.. I have a pretty good understanding of psych issues. My point was that all I saw was her clenching and unclenching her hands.. I saw her and her lady lawyer messing with their hands together at the table before they took her out. I saw no other signs of an anxiety attack.. When did you see her hyperventilating?

Just from my experience, hyperventilation is not necessarily perceivable as breaths tend to be quick and shallow. If you hold your body tensely on top of it it's not going to show. It also can come upon you suddenly, totally frightening you which of course makes it worse. There's also a lot of tingling in the hands before the spasm, as I recall. I tried to get rid of that sensation by clenching and unclenching my hands.

yep definately was a panic attack but just as a wee matter of interest, there is/was a case over here of a serial killer Peter Tobin and every time and I mean every time he appears in court he feigns heart problems and gets carted for medical attention. I think very soon the courts wisened up to his shenanigans x

Yeah, they aren't dumb that's for sure but they have to assess them to cover their butts.

My mother used to do that when she'd get arrested- fake an anxiety attack.. LE would have to take her to the hospital and once there she'd really play it up- sometimes pretending to have another personality, her "little girl" self and she'd curl up in a little ball and try to act crazy. They always saw through her and she never got out of going to jail. Though she would usually get a shot of Ativan or another of the benzo's to keep her calm in her to her jail cell. :crazy:

missyjane, I know what you mean. It is a paralizing experience. I can imagine if she's that upset, her arms will begin to feel like they each weigh a ton and her hands would feel that effect. She probably needs something to calm her.

However, meany old unsympathetic me says she did this to herself. Lying always has a way of catching up with someone. jmo

well if lying can be debilitating, how about murdering your own child? course it hasn't affected her that much so far but isnt this the first time she's had to sit and listen to continued references to what she has done? over a period of time?

even sociopathy may not be enough to get her thru this trial.

I think JB is finally sick of her and her antics, and she is scared because he's not coddling her any more. She actually has no one, if you think about it. She cut off her mom last weekend, and C & G are not there for jury selection. She has no one to manipulate, so she's losing it. She can't control this; I'm beginning to think she might not make it through the trial. She's in solitary, literally, even in court.

She may go mad. Highly appropriate, imo.

OMG if I were there - and did or didn't do it - you would have to pull me off the wall. Because, IMHO, no sane person can pull this off. Just like the <unusual person> who killed her 2 children while her husband was overseas. Did U see her shaking when she left the house?

IMHO ICA is gonna crash - big time. If she did this (and I'm convinced she did), she will lose it during the trial. She will either have to be heavily medicated or be set up in a straight suit.

MOO

Mel

-------------

I just lost my whole post !!:banghead:
Mel I agree with you. I have had panic attacks,had two bad years with them.
Casey is something else! The constant rubbing of her hands no wonder she has no feeling in them.The rubbing of her blouse,arms,shoulders and hair shows she has a problem.Her hair preening is driving ME nuts.Sometimes I think she subconciously hates her body for what "it" did. When they really get down to the nitty gritty she will lose it big time. This will be a trial like we have never seen before. Wait til the jury hears all the facts and sees those precious little bones.She will crack big time.I wonder if it bothers her that none of the young jurors try to flirt.:floorlaugh: I'd love to know what happened amongst her and her Attys...

I saw on TV that ICA has had 3 tearing sessions for 3 days of jury selection..........
reality setting in on her own death? Is she afraid of dying?

p[ed

Right after HHJP read the indictment again, they were going to get busy selecting Jurors, when ICA put her head down, shook her head and mouthed NO. Soon after that she starts the crying, sniff sniff sniff sniff, dab eyes, sniff sniff, says she feels dizzy, puts her hand to her throat, can't breathe right, then the hands start bothering her and she and DS spend some time examining them, they are painful - she is led out with her fingers contracted.
HHJP goes on with business....

Just from my experience, hyperventilation is not necessarily perceivable as breaths tend to be quick and shallow. If you hold your body tensely on top of it it's not going to show. It also can come upon you suddenly, totally frightening you which of course makes it worse. There's also a lot of tingling in the hands before the spasm, as I recall. I tried to get rid of that sensation by clenching and unclenching my hands.

I don't know, to me the tightness in your chest, pounding heart, sweating and hard time breathing are far more severe and debilitating then the tingling. You feel like you are about to die! I know I couldn't simply get up and walk about totally normal with the only obvious symptom being clenching and unclenching of hands and mouthing "ouch" on my way out the door. Even ON klonopin it was never that simple. I know everyone is different but it just didn't look like an anxiety attack to me, it looked like the same thing it looked like after they removed her cuffs at the new intake.

I'll shut up about it though lol

p[ed

Right after HHJP read the indictment again, they were going to get busy selecting Jurors, when ICA put her head down, shook her head and mouthed NO. Soon after that she starts the crying, sniff sniff sniff sniff, dab eyes, sniff sniff, says she feels dizzy, puts her hand to her throat, can't breathe right, then the hands start bothering her and she and DS spend some time examining them, they are painful - she is led out with her fingers contracted.
HHJP goes on with business....

ahhh- ok- I didn't see that part... I only saw the hand thing, that's why I asked if I missed something. Clearly I did miss lots- thank you!

I think JB is finally sick of her and her antics, and she is scared because he's not coddling her any more. She actually has no one, if you think about it. She cut off her mom last weekend, and C & G are not there for jury selection. She has no one to manipulate, so she's losing it. She can't control this; I'm beginning to think she might not make it through the trial. She's in solitary, literally, even in court.

She may go mad. Highly appropriate, for a ********. imo

Just watched video for first time and noticed NEITHER Baez or Mason showed any concern at all....so I think your statement above could refer to BOTH of them!

what happens at a trial if ICA has a nervous breakdown in the middle of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89