2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE MORNING SESSION

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurses are very giving people by nature and this giving oftens carries over to their children. Sometimes this giving nature turns into enablement (and I'm not speaking of all nurses). We have seen the enablement displayed by the nurse in the Anthony family. I don't think this PJ is a good pick for the state...my opinion only.

JB - have you ever had to treat someone who waited a long time before they actually reported the abuse?

Guess we know where this is going.

I found the part about something bad happening that you never told anyone about very telling. Here we go. Dear Lord! ICA claims she told CA about LA abuse. She told JG and TL so...

JB - Have you treated victims of both physical and sexual abuse

Juror - Yes. Worked in a women's shelter

JB - Have you worked with anyone who waited a significant period before reporting the abuse.

Juror - Yes, some waited almost a week (LOL!)

wow.........

Hmm, pot juror is asked "how do you tell when someone is lying?" and answers "I think you can tell sometimes by looking at them, whether they are crying, the inflection of their voice" JB wants to know more specifically "How can you tell by looking at them?" (paraphrasing) there's an objection and sidebar...

might be bad for ICA. Her body language SCREAMS liar, to me.

Is he trying to get at what the PT would think of ICA if she took the stand? Sounds like it to me, jmo.

She probally wouldnt go for death if she beleives casey has mental problems. moo

Not 100% sure PTSD is valid disorder

This answer would indicate that she's answering honestly and not just saying whatever she thinks they want to hear as her answer ~ IOW, indicates she's probably not a stealth juror, right?

where is jb coming up with these open-ended, strange questions? He grates my last nerve. Kudos to all of you who have followed this case for years. I would have been mental by now.

have followed since day 31 and am as mental as a loon.

I think this juror will/would be sympathetic toward Casey/Anthony family - particularly Cindy - JMO on her.

Jose- how do you tell if someone is lying?

Me- If Casey's lips are moving - she's lying jmo

:goodpost: I know it's very early in what is sure to be a long day, but I'm nominating that as post of the day. :)

Have you treated victims of abuse both physical and sexual - yes, at the women's clinic, gave them treated, worked with doctors, have you worked with someone who delayed reporting it? Yes, some wouldn't come until at least a week afterwards, and we did what we needed to do.
Grandchildren, one of each - 4 year old daughter and a five month old grandson - see them once or twice a week. Baez needs a moment for further questions. Checks with Mason.

I have a really probably dumb question. Do we stop when we get to 30 jurors? Or will they continue with all of them?

So....Caylee died accidentally or was kidnapped and ICA couldn't tell anyone because she had been sexually/mentally/physically abused by GA/CA/LA??

JB - have you ever had to treat someone who waited a long time before they actually reported the abuse?

Guess we know where this is going.

What is beyond me is why the DT would expect anyone to believe ICA now without direct proof of some sort? Jeez, according to friends she lies about everything.

I have a silly question. When the judge says sustained when prosecution objects does that mean he is for the projection not allowing the question to be answered.
Either side that raises "objection to question"

Judge:

sustained - means the objection to the question stands and is valid and the witness/pj will not answer the question

overruled - means the objection to the question is "overruled" and the question will be allowed and the witness/pj will answer the question

This woman sounds very logical, intelligent and a good outlook towards life. I think she would be a good candidate for the Defense.

But...what's with KC's ruffles? Seriously, overdone or what? I agree that KC is given meds to calm her.

He is asking very subjective questions - no specific way each person tells how they believe a person is telling the truth or not. IMO there is no right way.

Sounded to me like he was trying to ferret out general info on how he should coach ICA to act in the courtroom if the juror is selected. Not that it would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndigoRose