2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE MORNING SESSION

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting the sense that the DT is going to go after Dr. G and discredit her findings.

I agree.
Not only will they use Dr Spitz but IMO they will also bring up her Discovery Channel show as a way to try and discredit her.

wow... I am a nurse and I totally disagree that most of us act like doctors or turn around to be enablers..

moo...
Sorry if I offended you nurse. I certainly didn't mean to imply that all nurses are enablers, but I have seen my fair share of them. IMO, there's a fine line between caring for patients all day and then coming home and detaching from that same sort of need to care for your children (by sometimes over doing it).

I think even the defense team wants to move this thing along. Thyey are a bit more to the point than yesturday.

Probably because they FINALLY realize they aren't going to succeed in getting it continued or delayed anymore.

they didnt get their 8am re-hearing on the...death-banding, did they. All the fumbling is now costing the defense team...I love how HHJP gives and takes away simultaneously, and puts full responsibility for what is given and taken in the hands of counsel.

We have 5. Judge says we WILL have 12 tonight. I am guessing 8 alternates Monday trial on Tuesday as planned!
I think Hizhonor plans to work tomorrow. Possibly to move the jurors to Orlando on Monday and get them settled....

I heard that they will get a panel of twelve, then exercise strikes. After that, each juror is examined one by one and either stricken or admitted. Is that right? How many strikes does each side get?

It doesn't matter to me if she was actualy sexually abused or not, so for now...I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say sure, she probably was sexually abused. So what? I feel bad for her, it should have never happened and yes, if George and Cindy knew about it and did nothing, they certainly failed her. But ONE in FOUR girls experienece sexual abuse before reaching adulthood and sadly many parents know and do nothing. We don't have mountain high piles of dead two year olds stuffed in GARBAGE BAGS and dumped like TRASH

No but kids who had been sexually abused are usually damaged for life. My cousin killed herself before she even turned 14 from what we believe one of our family member molested her when she was very young.
Our relative only got 5 years in the pen (No jessicas law back then).

Nobody knows about this case in my everyday life unless I discussed it with them. I think it's funny (not funny -ha ha) that a lot of posters are suspicious of most potential jurors. Thinking patterns may have been comprimised watching the defense for nearly 3 years. It will be nice when this is over and everyone can stop being paranoid.

Back in 2008 when this first started, a family member and I discussed this a couple of times. He didn't know very much about it, and his interest was pretty limited to the oddity of 31 days. The rest of my family there, I'm not going to say they didn't pick up a tiny bit in passing, but this isn't something they are interested in, they don't follow it, etc.
IMO, even with the media saturation on this case, I think most people know very little about it.

very quickly while they're on break - got here late - any motions or drama or new famous phrases?

Looks like ICA gets really pretty upset every time there is a break and she has to go back into the holding area. I believe every time she goes back there she has to be patted down again...can you just imagine having that happen several times a day...:floorlaugh:
I'm sure she is so frustrated she can hardly schwallow! :crazy:
Just my opinion.

IIRC, normally she doesn't go----She normally sits there..Lunches yes--breaks no

It doesn't matter to me if she was actualy sexually abused or not, so for now...I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say sure, she probably was sexually abused. So what? I feel bad for her, it should have never happened and yes, if George and Cindy knew about it and did nothing, they certainly failed her. But ONE in FOUR girls experienece sexual abuse before reaching adulthood and sadly many parents know and do nothing. We don't have mountain high piles of dead two year olds stuffed in GARBAGE BAGS and dumped like TRASH

I just don't believe she was abused by her dad or Lee. I don't really like GA - but I don't think he is that tye of man.

I am really really afraid she will say who Caylee's father is and that it may be a friend of her dad's or an uncle. THAT to me would be a game changer. MO nto that she should not pay for her crime but the jurors would be sympathetic to her mental issues.

I think the prosecution really likes Ms 1312

I actually don't think they will keep her, but it depends on who they have to choose from. I wouldn't keep her. After her comment about jurors in her brother's case who felt pressured to return a verdict of guilty that was overruled by the judge, I feel like it will be hard to convince her of anyone's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Not that anyone is interested, but as a West Coastie and five days of getting up at 5:00AM - I feel like a cow pie this morning....:sigh: ...And the camera is back up.

I've watched a plethora of trials - some short, some long - and HHJP is the best judge I have ever witnessed. Bar none. I'm so pleased he's on the bench for this trial.

I hear ya - as a victim myself. There's only 1 body I'd like to see stuffed in a garbage bag, but I guess that's a story for another time. Besides we all know that Caylee Marie Anthony did NOTHING, NADA, ZIP, to ICA. The only victim here should be her abuser, and that should have been done in a court of law.

So, if she wants to go the poor me route - it's not gonna work. Caylee Marie was an innocent child in a world full of highly dysfunctional adults.

MOO

Mel

I'm a little surprised that she was not objected to (by either side) based on her answer about solving the 'mystery'. It is NOT the jury's duty to solve the mystery, but to base their decision on whether or not she's guilty based only on the evidence provided.

I think the last juror is worldy. She has a brother that was acquitted and a daughter who was obviously convicted of something to be on probation. I think she will be balanced. JMO.

JUROR RECAP #1312

Pretrial Publicity: *Doesn't watch or read much news. *Has seen a few interviews with "Casey and a young man". *Watches 60 Minutes and 48 Hours. *Heard about Caylees remains being found. *Doesn't have (and doesn't like) Facebook. *Says Casey is "very emotional". *Doesn't recall any blogs or programs she's watched/read about the case. *Says the media is "a little bit intimidating". *No concerns about the media- believes she can remain fair/impartial. *Camera in the courtroom wouldn't distract her. *If the media contacted her post-trial, she says she would answer their questions but it isn't something she'd "voluntarily seek out". *Indifferent about serving on the jury.

Death Penalty Stance: For it. *Is fine recommending either life in prison w/o parole or the death penalty. *Could recommend the DP if the facts were conclusive. *Says she believes each scenario should be looked at individually. *Wouldn't try to pressure another juror if they disagreed. *Considers age, history of abuse, social history, and behavior as types of mitigating circumstances.

Misc.: *Works at a hospital as a pre-admission and anesthesia nurse. *Lived in PA her whole life before moving to Florida. *In PA, worked as a surgical nurse for 23 years. *No experience with police or rescue dogs, but has a friend who trains service dogs and has seen how that person trains dogs. *Says she is "not 100% sure that PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) is a real disorder". *Has treated victims of both physical and sexual abuse during her hospital work.

Family: *In the process of going through a divorce. *Has 2 children (ages 30 and 32) and 2 grandchildren (ages 4 and 5 months)- all live in Florida. *Daughter currently on probation (requested to talk to attorneys/judge in a sidebar to explain why). *Very active in her grandkids lives. Sees them about 1 time per week. *Brother was on trial for armed robbery 25 years ago and acquitted (she attended his trial).

Describes herself as..: *A nurse. *Active in her family. *A fair person. *Loves to read. *Has a close network of friends (mainly in her neighborhood).

State: No challenges/objections. Defense: No challenges/objections

Called back for next round.

Back in 2008 when this first started, a family member and I discussed this a couple of times. He didn't know very much about it, and his interest was pretty limited to the oddity of 31 days. The rest of my family there, I'm not going to say they didn't pick up a tiny bit in passing, but this isn't something they are interested in, they don't follow it, etc.
IMO, even with the media saturation on this case, I think most people know very little about it.

ITA...it is more or less just me in my little world...(well my dogs are stuck with it---but then they get treats every so often so it is worth their time to stick around)--but most don't follow it at all....(I tend to keep in under cover......:innocent:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns