2011.05.14 - Jury Selection DAY SIX (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears this guy has spent the last week doing alot of soul searching..however..I think the understands NOW the responsibility of what it all entails now....

Having said that tho..I dont think he would have any problem finding for death after he hears all the evidence in this case:innocent:

I also like his sense of humor...LOL

Next thing we'll hear is that this guy has been offered a radio announcer spot! :crazy:

That whole ruler question of AF didn't get her anywhere since she didn't eliminate the 5 as an option.

As you can see, I'm a newbie here! Is it a given that the trial itself will be televised, or steamed online like the jury selection is?

My husband is as addicted as I am! He watches the jury selection on HIS laptop, and I watch on mine, in the same room, usually! I do tote my laptop room to room: bedroom, kitchen, even <blush> the bathroom! But, I DO work on the laptop while I watch or listen!

I don't get the impression that Casey is a spoiled rich girl. Spoiled, yes, but the home where the Anthony's live now seems modest enough. Nicer than mine perhaps, but not elegant or pretentious. Lower middle class it seems. By their grammar/spelling and speech, it does not seem the Anthony parents are well educated. Are they well-to-do?

They are not rich, but I called her a 'spoiled rich girl' in terms of how SOME jurors might see her. Like the older woman from Pennsylvania, who described all of the difficult, low paying working class jobs she has had. Or the older African American woman with the strict religious principles. I think both of these women will think that Casey had a pretty good life, her own nice room, a room for the child, all bills for the child taken care of, a car to use, a cell phone, food and utilities, and she did not even work. So in that way she was pretty spoiled and selfish. I am sure both of these women would have loved to have that kind of support when they were her age. imoo

Oh, and also
:welcome:

Thanks for the nice welcome, BJF and 21merc7! TiaM, how do you SEE the potential juror?

I can't see the juror - no one on a live feed or TV can. I was quoting a Tweet from a media person in the gallery.

you all hear how his voice became lower answering AF? Now when the SA starts to ask questions notice any variations in voice.

I don't suppose they're gonna wrap this potential juror in the next 10 minutes. Going to mamas for dinner.

He is explaining to AF that the decision of guilty or innocence from snippets of info. He can make snap decisions, but can also see the need to go over the info and change his opinion. Sympathy for the underdog, or the abused?

this is where we learn just how smart this guy is with these sets of questions

LOL my DH just gave up on me doing anything today and said he's going to find food.

Have him bring me some, too. Tell him not to worry about knocking . . . I won't get up. Just come on in and drop it on my table :crazy:

They are not rich, but I called her a 'spoiled rich girl' in terms of how SOME jurors might see her. Like the older woman from Pennsylvania, who described all of the difficult, low paying working class jobs she has had. Or the older African American woman with the strict religious principles. I think both of these women will think that Casey had a pretty good life, her own nice room, a room for the child, all bills for the child taken care of, a car to use, a cell phone, food and utilities, and she did not even work. So in that way she was pretty spoiled and selfish. I am sure both of these women would have loved to have that kind of support when they were her age. imoo

Excellent post.

Not to be crude but, seriously, don't they use "Old Sparky" anymore?:waitasec:
I thought he was retired.

Once upon a time...wasn't there a choice ?...question for Florida residents.

I'm surprised we aren't seeing many people snoozing! I was a juror on a four month wrongful death case, and the judge fell asleep on a routine basis! I slipped hard candies into my mouth often, to stay awake, and I was totally interested in the witnesses! (I unwrapped the candies in the morning, and slipped a baggie-ful in my purse, for steathful eating!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff