2011.05.14 - Jury Selection DAY SIX (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
as I understood it they can be backstruck and replaced one by one

((I sure hope neither side is strike happy))

I think that's right. This is FL, not CA but from what I understand, once all the potential jurors have made it through this questioning, then they get called up one by one and each side has an opportunity to use any unused strikes on each juror, unless they have tried and failed to use a strike on a particular juror. I.e., they cannot try to strike the same juror twice.

I think this guy sounds pretty good to me. I have not heard them all but so far, he sounds like the best candidate for foreman.

(I'm on a "quick break" for a late lunch so I probably will get looks if I don't get back to my cleaning and cooking soon but it is hard to keep away).

Ooh, he's not sure about being able to use mercy.

This is just my opinion but it seems unusual that all 12 jurors don't have to agree in order for death penalty to be the decision.

Big time irritated, hope everyone caught the NO acknowledgment from ICA to Baez when she came out from recess - wow she was cold to him, ignored him completely.

Does this go back to the “2 year old” comment or something more recent?

bring on the shots YNOT...mercy.

Hoping this will be the last of the day.

Not to be crude but, seriously, don't they use "Old Sparky" anymore?:waitasec:
Nope - after a couple of "unpleasant" experiences it was retired and the State moved to lethal injection.

The "mercy" question is a tricky one because it's difficult to understand...

I think they need to explain what exactly "An eye for an eye, A tooth for a tooth" means.

This juror I think since monday really had the weight of judging someone on his shoulders. I think if the Hair and decomp is in it will be enough for him to vote DP

I think that's right. This is FL, not CA but from what I understand, once all the potential jurors have made it through this questioning, then they get called up one by one and each side has an opportunity to use any unused strikes on each juror, unless they have tried and failed to use a strike on a particular juror. I.e., they cannot try to strike the same juror twice.

I think this guy sounds pretty good to me. I have not heard them all but so far, he sounds like the best candidate for foreman.

(I'm on a "quick break" for a late lunch so I probably will get looks if I don't get back to my cleaning and cooking soon but it is hard to keep away).

Ooh, he's not sure about being able to use mercy.
thanks for your answer gitana..

can the judge object to a backstrike? in other words does the lawyer have to have a reason for striking???

tia

PJ seems to be very contemplative as of this week. Not sure what I think of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff