2011.05.14 - Sidebar Thread (Juror Selection Day Six)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reposting this on this thread because I posted it after the bell on the other thread. Any thoughts?

I am not as thrilled with that last guy as much as a lot of you. I didn't like his "none of their business" remark about people who disagreed with him. Unless I misunderstood. If you are trying to come to a unanimous decision, isn't it their business?

I may be wrong but I think the question was how would he react after the trial was over and he didn't vote the way his friends, family, and co-workers wanted him to. In other words, if Casey is found "not guilty", and his acquaintances wanted her to be found "guilty", how would he handle it? That's why he said how he voted and why would be "none of their business".

I'm discovering my inner *advertiser censored* but I can't help wishing CA/GA were there this morning when the 5 PJ's in a row 'guilty' comments were made.

Right, they are the professionals and grownups and should act like it. Are they trying to push her over the edge or get her to fire them?

I have never seen them of acting like grown ups. Actually I wish they would act their age.

My thoughts on this is that they are going with the mitigating factor of ICA being sexually abused by GA and LA (and God knows, what else) and because of this trauma she is uncomfortable being near or communicating with men. Not only is JB on her chitlist, but CM also. Could be.

Well then - that would be something new wouldn't it? She sure was comfortable with plenty of men up 'til now!

This is the most time any of these attornies have ever spent with her,with the exception of the courtship at jb's office...oops i mean apprenticeship...or whatever it was, anywhoo.
They are all getting a real taste of what its like to defend her actions and inactions and deal with her behaviors in court. I believe they are ready to tap out and just want to get this over with. The behavior with JB is so obvious that it is concerning. I think she might just fire him. She is realizing that Jb may have made this a lil too much about him and not her, her, her! all imo

Yes, and don't forget the first sweet taste of hearing the words guilty over and over again while trying (sp) this defendant.:floorlaugh:

I thought jury selection would be dry and boring. I was wrong! It was fascinating.

Well then - that would be something new wouldn't it? She sure was comfortable with plenty of men up 'til now!

This time last week she and CM were having a mutual rub-fest!

Did HHJP give anybody a slap down today? Any drama other than the 5 guilties!! I am so hooked on this case. I thought about it all day long. Couldn't wait to get back here.
I personally didn't see any real slap downs...JP barked a bit at the prosecution...but nothing like yesterday.

Okay this is what I posted and it was when the last guy came out, I think.

oh wow....she ain't forgiving nor forgetting!

ICA would not look at Baez when she came out, he was at her end o fthe desk and she waited till he moved back so she could get round, would not look at him would not speak to him - Baez then shook his head a few times at Sims .

ICA knows how to hold a grudge - well we knew that guess Baez is just finding it out.

I saw what you saw. I believe it was the break before the last guy but not sure. I saw it tho!!

It wasn't difficult at all and it was the first day I have been able to actually be here during the jury selection. :)

Panthera, I meant to say, it was nice having you with us during the daytime! Your coat is extra sleek in the sunshine.

As for the tiff--wow Lexington you may be right. The new seating arrangement with ICA "protected" between the two women... the sex abuse story... the estrangement from her boys... All of this has happened since potential jurors have been around to see what's going on. Maybe we are just watching the birth of the latest version of the defense strategy...

I thought jury selection would be dry and boring. I was wrong! It was fascinating.
Oh, bless you for saying that...it put me to sleep on a couple of occasions, but it was also a hard work week.

I don't like them giving KC the cold shoulder-- smacks of some kind of ploy to me.

I'm so on board with you on this.....It's like they are trying tick her off to work her up for her upcoming performances. Can't hardly have her walking around like Paris Hilton wannabe, acting like a secretary preening and petting her Hollywood self and try to sell Jury opinion on her disfunctional, abused and tragic history that was so tramatic she doesn't even know her name. I'm looking for a lot of spells, faints, flash backs and PTSD of her suddenly throwing herself under the table and screaming " IN COMING " that they can get all of these things recorded on Court records which is living proof of all of their claims of her mitigating factors......JMO

Check go back to the primary Caylee page and look in the titles in the top box - you will see it there. I apologize for not giving you the link but I am bone tired after this week.

Thanks for that, although there didn't seem to be anyone in there, I guess I'm doing something wrong. You'd think a chat about these last 5 days would be standing room only!

I am reposting this on this thread because I posted it after the bell on the other thread. Any thoughts?

I am not as thrilled with that last guy as much as a lot of you. I didn't like his "none of their business" remark about people who disagreed with him. Unless I misunderstood. If you are trying to come to a unanimous decision, isn't it their business?

The thread is moving fairly quickly, and I don't know if anyone answered you yet, but that comment was not meant about his co-jurors (is that a word? :)). I believe he meant his decision was not the business of co-workers, etc. At least, that was what I thought was said.

The defense team has had over 2 years to prepare which is nearly longer than Caylee was alive - if they ask for an extension to prepare I will blow a head gasket.

Oh I think HHJP is on a blazing trail to get 'er done now. I think HE's probably ready to blow a head gasket too, the poor man. WS'ers of faith, please keep him in your prayers.

Does anyone know why ICA panties were in such a wad today? I missed the session today, but reading some of these posts have me intrigued ;)

And is court in session tomorrow?

Thanks,

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads