2011.05.17 Jury Selection DAY EIGHT (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the DT have 2 strikes left im sure i read somewhere that if they use all their strikes they cannot appeal about jury selection so im wondering if they are going to hold 1 back thus making this their last free 1.

I thought it was if they didn't use all of their strikes they couldn't appeal?

I'm guessing they want to share whatever this potential juror said in private with ICA so they can get her blessing?

Thanks Ive been here since the case broke but dont post much as you can see.. I do brag to my co-workers how the websleuthers have it all figured out all the time!!

Well I'd say welcome, but you've been here all along! I GREATLY admire someone whose been around 3 years and only has 2 posts.....wish I could hold my tongue like that!

The camera just zoomed in on the small deputy we all admire, and focused close up on her name tag - Deputy Nasciemento - I might be off a letter or 2 because I was caught off guard.

You do a good job, Deputy!

ETA: The camera operator must have heard she has fans, lol!

They are just using her as an excuse so that they can confer as to what to do.

moo

I am literally bawling my eyes out by that pompous CM last interview....wow....I guess 8 full days has totally overcome me....so blessed that I watch my granddaughter in the am tommorrow....so blessed that I have a granddaughter to watch tommorrow.

Casey has over 300 dollars in account

HA, :floorlaugh: They have her eye color listed as brown. She probably will complain because she knows they are hazel.

If ICA is making all these juror selections, she is in real trouble. I cannot believe JB even considers her opinion. Maybe that is what set her off the other day. And her demeanor shouts "pay attention to meeeeeeeee", not the man in the blue suit with his pocket square.

I know the client is supposed to assist in her defense, but is it just me or does it seem that ICA has alot of input into this. I mean she has all these lawyers on her DT that are supposed to have the experience selecting juries. Is this normal?

That's what I am wondering. It seems that they are all bending to her. They seem like they are taking COMPLETE direction from her. WHen did she manage to get a law degree?

I think ole casey wanted to know what decision the Juror had to make for her daughter..
see if she can be played like ca& ga....lol

From the angle I saw, ICA went into a different area. The attorneys all went to the side ... could be wrong, though.

ICA looked at one point to snap at Simms now something else she is looking like she ready to come unglued MOO

I am literally bawling my eyes out by that pompous CM last interview....wow....I guess 8 full days has totally overcome me....so blessed that I watch my granddaughter in the am tommorrow....so blessed that I have a granddaughter to watch tommorrow.

I know what you mean. I am currently 16 weeks pregnant and I sit here thinking about how I would lay my life down for this little one, whom I havent even met yet. I have no mercy for ICA. I treat my dogs better than she did her child.

I need to read some Grisham and see why CM is so enamored of his work.

He writes on law-related stuff, from the lawyer's point of view, IIRC.

Let me get this straight CM. The skeletonized remains of a tiny child were found in a wooded area, the body had been triple-bagged and duct tape was found wrapped around her skull, but nobody knows if any kind of crime occurred? Other than suicide, and other completely impossible scenarios, there is no circumstance in which this could happen without the intervention of another. So at what point would any of the above not be considered a crime? Wouldn't at the very least not reporting the death of a child and throwing her out in a garbage bag and wrapping her skull with duct tape be SOMETHING? Would a grand jury have convened and capital charges been filed and an indictment set forth if NO CRIME whatsoever had occurred? What kind of medication is he on??? Sounds like he started Happy Hour already.

Well, if they are going to say that Caylee accidentally drowned and the mom panicked and covered up the accident, then they are saying she is not guilty of what she now stands accused of. Instead, it would be something like negligent homicide or something like that. So, they may be saying that no crime she is accused of occurred. However, she is also accused of lying to LE. No way they can squirm out of that one with any theory, IMO.

Wow Casey's face is so red and she is acting so defiant not a good sign or should I say typical 2 yr old tantrum.

Here's a hunch. A long one at that. Is she firing her legal team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel