2011.05.17 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a judge nor do I profess to be a judge so I can't make any comments on how I think Judge Perry is handling this. I have to assume that he knows more about Florida law than any of us do on this board; therefore, I trust in what he does and what he says.

~jmo~

lol, I'm not a judge nor do I play one on TV, I might have played one in IMVU, but I can't recall...*snort. But, I love Perry, however, I do have concerns about some of this. I just don't want anything to stop the train that is fixing to smack ICA.

As a long-time lurker allow me to finally attempt to thank you all for your knowledge, wit and logic. All commenters here have become "friends" in my small world.

In 2008 my husband who relied on me to keep him updated with news (mostly political) never seemed to show any true interest in what I thought were my "brilliant" analyses. However, in the summer of 2008 after recently moving to Volusia County in Florida (slightly east of Orange) he developed an truly uncharateristic obsession with this case.

In November, I had to have him admitted to the hospital with an unknown illness. After 41 years of marriage I know now I was in denial about how sick he really was. Soon after being moved to ICU, I lost my husband of 41 years. Lived in a fog for quite a while after this. It was much later that my daughter reminded me that the day he died was the same day Caylee's remains were discovered. She is convinced that it was due to my husband's intervention.

For me at that time this WS site became my couseling group and in many ways kept me moving on. For that, I have to thank each and everyone of you.

Thanks again and I do believe justice will be served.

God Bless You. I'm sure your husband has found Caylee and is playing with her and taking care of her. You now have 2 special angels watching over you!

:wagon::welcome::welcome4:

I am very unhappy about the last female juror being dismissed. And I do think HHJP is favoring the DT at this point. Wonder if after the fact the SA can file an appeal for discrimination if the outcome of the trial is not to their liking? Would only be fair, IMO.

It is really starting to concern me as well..The State has supplied case law and still...how dare jb go with the race card than when the State applies it he quivers....I get why they don't want females but she AINT THAT PRETTY iykwim---I'm going nuts here.....seems like HHJP should just go pick the jury himself....this show is a traveling circus --- complete with clowns....:banghead:

BBM - Me too.

LOL Vinnie is maybe reading here--he just used the NFL draft as an example! Which WSer posted that earlier?

As a long-time lurker allow me to finally attempt to thank you all for your knowledge, wit and logic. All commenters here have become "friends" in my small world.

In 2008 my husband who relied on me to keep him updated with news (mostly political) never seemed to show any true interest in what I thought were my "brilliant" analyses. However, in the summer of 2008 after recently moving to Volusia County in Florida (slightly east of Orange) he developed an truly uncharateristic obsession with this case.

In November, I had to have him admitted to the hospital with an unknown illness. After 41 years of marriage I know now I was in denial about how sick he really was. Soon after being moved to ICU, I lost my husband of 41 years. Lived in a fog for quite a while after this. It was much later that my daughter reminded me that the day he died was the same day Caylee's remains were discovered. She is convinced that it was due to my husband's intervention.

For me at that time this WS site became my couseling group and in many ways kept me moving on. For that, I have to thank each and everyone of you.

hugs :) thank god for your husband, thanks to him Caylee can get the justice she deserves!

happy to have you here with us. :)

I'm not a judge nor do I profess to be a judge so I can't make any comments on how I think Judge Perry is handling this. I have to assume that he knows more about Florida law than any of us do on this board; therefore, I trust in what he does and what he says.

~jmo~

And to add to this, maybe it's my foolishness but I'm still confident in the jurors we have already and that she will get a guilty verdict. 31 days is 31 days, you know? I'm less than confident of death penalty based on the current jurors, but I think that's DT's intention anyhoo.

I'm thinking all is fine, I'm just fruhshtrated at the delay, delay, ughhh...

The Perry plan turned out to be a good strategy for the DT and not the SA, his plan was flawed. He his human and makes mistakes of course MOO

Bless your heart, many hug's going out to you. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I beleive your daughter is right. After hearing that I am much calmer now. I was starting to let today's events get to me but your story has me back on track. THANK YOU.:rocker::tyou::tyou:

It is like a lot of things in life isn't it ...The way this DT is calling shots or getting away with BS.. ICA has always skated thru her life getting away with her evil games..There just HAS to be Justice for CAYLEE. I want ICA in gen Population so bad..

Won't happen. No way with the USPTO will allow that trademark.

ETA: There is a lot of case law that prohibits trademarking names etc.

Didn't they get the trade mark or rights over a year ago?

Late to the table, did coastguard guy get picked or stricken?

From the morning thread, day eight:

I tend to agree. I'm not seeing equal fairness especially with the peremptory challenges. Why was the DT allowed a challenge to SA's peremptory re: the woman who can't judge people "because DT believed SA wanted to challenge because she's of African descent" but yet when the SA says DT wants to strike another "because she's female, and protected", he sides with the DT. Plus he ignored the fact that the DT's reasons were contradictory to keeping other jurors (no mercy, young child/grandchild).

Something is very wrong. Why side with the DT when they're the ones who've been stalling this process for soooooooo long and don't do what they're supposed to do on time?

I'm very concerned.

In my experience, judges are harder on the side that is winning.

Remember, HHJP is VERY experienced and has never been successfully appealed. Also, remember that HHJP was the prosecutor on the Judy Buenoano case, the famous black widow of Florida who killed her husbands and her son with arsenic, etc. He made sure to be there personally when she got the needle. He is the last judge I would want if I were the defense: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...nosed-practical-in-recalling-black-widow.html

Jury list as I know it right now. Corrections welcomed :) Still at 11 and the day is bout over!

1340: first guy up that took forever (7 y/o daughter)
1398: crisis counselor
1019: computer guy with nurse wife
1055: nursing student with the rat terrier
1319: older AA lady had a challenge by state that was denied
1429: long grey haired lady that had a dui
1025: chef with 2 young kids
1007: giggly lady defense challenge denied
1159: VA guy with 5 years in the army has young son
3397: stocktrader with bad back
3308: He had baseball tickets to see the Milwaukee Brewers, but canceled them
because of the jury selection.

Didn't they get the trade mark or rights over a year ago?

IDK, I know they have been trying since 2008.

Here is one of many threads from back then.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74395"]The reason for the trademark on Caylee's name - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member