2011.05.17 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IN my opinion, this announcement to the press was an attempt by Cindy Anthony to divert attention AWAY from the jury selection proceedings where "potential juror" after "potential juror" is stating...."I BELIEVE SHE IS GUILTY!"
Yep that is eating them alive! How dare the public want to convict ICA, after all Caylee is dead and not coming back, justice for Caylee in their mind is to give mercy to her mommy.

:banghead:

I was hoping they'd seat the jury today, but I did kind of expect the defense to do this with the backstrikes. Luckily, they only have one left... And while the state has several more, I don't expect them to use them all. At this point, I hope they can seat them tomorrow and then get enough alternates so they can start on Monday (I don't see them starting before that)

Luv, I have questions with 3 of the jurors i hope the state will strike. I'm holding out they will because I'm just not liking 3 of them.

cart-before-horse-2.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CQ2qS6uG3hA/S_fYmePFUDI/AAAAAAAAEp4/Daq56_bHRwo/s400/cart-before-horse-2.jpg

:saythat:

That's so funny... I JUST decided to use this as my Profile pic about 15 minutes ago!

Nope this was about Ron williamson and i really think he got out. I think it is called the innocent man. It took place in a small town and it was a true story.
Yes. I posted the wiki link upstream.

Hi Everyone,

Really enjoying the discussion; you all are so well-informed.

I didn't follow this case as I normally would have, due to a variety of things going on in life. Trying to catch up now -- and I notice there is a huge uptick in the "number viewing" of these threads.

So, I was wondering, would it be OK to start an ongoing "Newbie thread" where people like me could ask elementary questions (such as "Where would I find a link to video of the jailhouse visits with the parents?" or "Who is Mallory?") that would just be cluttering up the sidebar thread or other threads used by veteran posters? I have to believe a lot of people will be needing the same remedial info as time goes on.

How would one get permission to start such a thread?

Thanks so much! :seeya:

That is a great idea! It would keep the threads clear of questions.

Mark Eiglich on JVM saying that HHJP made a major mistake by not allowing the state to strike 1319. He is being over zealous and needs to slow down. JVM stating HHJP needs to slow down considering all the potential juror issues. Susan (didnt get last name) says HHJP just isnt allowing them to pretrial jurors. she is defending HHJP for the judgement juror saying a call like that isnt something that gets overturned on appeal.

I'm not sure if they're right or not, but I do not see the need to pointlessly complicate the proceedings. She gets a jury...no jury will be perfect for either side. Just pick 12 people and let's go! What is it about the legal system and making everything a bloated, time-consuming mess?

ok - I asked upthread, but it's moving fast in here - any quick recap on ICA's hissy fit with the last juror...? Pretty please? TIA

I ask this on the other thread, didn't they apply for this before? Or put a patent or something out there about a year ago. I had the doc saved, but couldn't find it.

Can't be done the name is Gaelic it has many spellings but you can't own it, Caylee or Kaylee, I believe the name is in use by many little girls.

In ICA's jailhouse letters she said that her mother had already done it with her and Caylee's name but I think she used the word "copyright" and ICA stated how betrayed she felt that Cindy would write a book or had taken money for a book - now that could have been a lie by ICA or she could have been misled about the details (hmm Baez?) but it seemed like she thought it was a done deal back then.

Copyrights are used for things like movies, music etc. You can not copyright a name.

She would need to get a mark on her name, if that's what Cindy intended to do. And I haven't heard of any IP atty represent them. It's not advisable to have a general practitioner atty file your application with the USPTO or your mark/patent isn't going to be as ironclad as you would like. In my opinion, I don't think Cindy has ever filed one. And doing a search I haven't found any mark that has been approved. And I don't have the Mark application number to find out the status if an application has been submitted.

Generally speaking the USPTO frowns upon marks using proper names. And their new atty's C&D letter won't hold much weight.

I hope they like visiting Casey on Death Row; cuz hopefully THAT is wear she is headed.

Hi Everyone,

I didn't follow this case as I normally would have, due to a variety of things going on in life. Trying to catch up now -- and I notice there is a huge uptick in the "number viewing" of these threads.

So, I was wondering, would it be OK to start an ongoing "Newbie thread" where people like me could ask elementary questions (such as "Where would I find a link to video of the jailhouse visits with the parents?" or "Who is Mallory?") that would just be cluttering up the sidebar thread or other threads used by veteran posters? I have to believe a lot of people will be needing the same remedial info as time goes on.

Kimster would respond, but she is too busy starting exactly such a thread right this very minute to post about it! I think it will end up being a Sticky thread.

Great idea Britt! So glad you dove in and joined us! We :heartluv: our posters!

Luv, I have questions with 3 of the jurors i hope the state will strike. I'm holding out they will because I'm just not liking 3 of them.
ITA... state strikes are a coming...

we should all be prepared for more drudgery..

the way the defense is throwing away their strikes this will be a state strong jury..

and with that said I employ them to take their time.. as this is all about Caylee and whom can serve up justice to her on a golden plate in heaven.

moo..

(((I have to say also... that I am a huge fan of the Perry plan... he HAS TO PUSH THEM.. if he didn't we WOULD be here for 5-6 weeks like some media proposed.. Way to go HHJP! You are my supreme hero for trying your very best to keep this on track and not charge the citizens of the state of Florida any more than they already have to house this animal <<<----that is my opinion the animal part)))

With all due respect, but no, no, no. HHJP is right to try to seat a jury as quickly as possible within the constraints of the law. SO, if no jury gets seated here, then where? And what do you suppose the DT will do? I'll tell you what they'd do.. they'll book every network who'll put a microphone in front of them and start a new spin cycle.

"Boohoo, our client will never get a fair jury anywhere in Florida and maybe the universe, boohoo, boohoo..."

Please, Please Judge Perry. Please get it done and godspeed.

Well, I'm sure we all wish to seat the jury...IIRC JP said if they didn't get a jury where they are at, it would be back to Orlando to try and seat a jury. I also understand that from what I've read, the jury must come from one place...such as where they are now...Pinellas county...or Orlando. Does anyone know if this is true? Will they have to excuse all the jurors they have now if they go back to Orlando???

I'm absolutely disgusted at how giddy ICA was today. She thinks she's really gonna walk away. The little old AA lady who can't judge is NOT your trump card, ICA. I've had some good times with these sweet little old AA ladies and they are true to their word, they do not like to judge, but believe you me, they have lived long enough and been through enough that they have no problem giving a smackdown when it's deserved.

Keep smirking, ICA. Can't wait to see you in prison not jail. Big Bertha is waiting for you.

Hi Everyone,

:welcome: :welcome:

Glad you and many others are joining us!

I didn't hear her speak so I can't tell whether or not I believe her. She may have heard a sermon on the very subject, here is the bible quote:

Matt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

LDB's objections were perfect and they had nothing to do with race. I really feel JBP should have let this juror go. This is a DP case so if she feels she can't even judge someone, which is the basis of our legal system, then she could never vote for death either.

I don't understand JBP's reasoning on this one.

I completely agree with LDB that this woman will hang the jury through no fault of her own. She told them up front about her religious beliefs.

If this potential juror now admits she can not sit in judgement what do you think will happen when it comes time for the panel to deliberate and come to a decision. Will she stand up and say she can't take part in the discussion or the jury process? If that's the case, they will bring in an alternate juror. That's why they have alternates. She won't hang the jury if she refuses to sit in judgement. She will be reported to the judge, she will be replaced. We saw it happen with the Scott Peterson case. Problem jurors can be and most often are kicked off a jury. It can make for a longer deliberation but it won't cause a hung jury.
jmo

Thanks so much, Ynotdivein!

Actually I have been part of Websleuths off and on since the very original Jonbenet days and it's wonderful that the site has been nurtured and grown so much by Tricia.... but things are so complicated with this case that it will be neat to have an area for us late-comers to catch up in.

I am reading the Fanning book about the case now, which helps at least with the cast of characters, but it raises a lot of questions that people here probably can supply the answers to.... :)

Hi Everyone,

Here ya go! [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136539"]Q & A for our NEWCOMERS! Ask a question and leave an answer! *NO DISCUSSIONS* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat