2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't surprise me if someone else has suddenly "pled guilty" to this, three ring circus and all.

Well if JB were claiming to be sick and turns out he isn't - is that some type of violation? If there isn't then I guess he is really trying to shake things up and just set up situations where he will test the judge and see what the reaction will be.

All the judge needs to do is make a move against the DT that they can use to remove him, maybe including not allowing a sick DT to leave.

Just my 2 cents.

Maybe he had to hightail it back to Orlando to pay his speeding tickets.

I can't imagine ICA making a plea deal at this point and I said earlier, AF looked a little miffed when JB took the 5 minuter recess to begin with and then wanted longer. I believe he may have become sick but not sick enough to keep him away at 8:30. He is delaying this trial but then again, we may see a motion before the day is out. ICA would not fire JB either, but that's JMO

Did anyone catch that look ICA gave on the way out ..I got the look when she was going around table I marked the time on on Pic its looks like she said Thanks .. and the look is like either "Oh Well What are you Going Do" or "We will see"

http://www.wftv.com/video/27939403/index.html

I will have to watch again...but I believe I saw ICA mouth Thanks...

I also never noticed LDB ever looking at ICA when she left the courtroom but today LDB did watch ICA as she was leaving and passing by the ASA table..

Has anyone ever noticed LDB watching ICA as she leaves the court room?

It wouldn't surprise me if someone else has suddenly "pled guilty" to this, three ring circus and all.

Oh, just shoot me if that happens. Of course, CA and GA have been visibly absent this whole time jury selection is going on...

OK just thought I would add my comments that I made on the lawyers thread as to why I am sceptical this is due to an interlocutory appeal

OK. Looking at Richard Hornsby's most recent blog Could Judge Perry be wrong, Defense right?. In short he says that the Defense could be right about their argument over "piecemeal" jury selection and HHJP wrong. He cites Perry v. State, 675 So. 2d 976 (Fla. 4th DCA 1996) as authority (this case, incidentally may be the "just one" which HHJP and AZLawyer wanted).

Anyhow question to the lawyers: Why are the DT taking this point now as an interlocutory appeal when they have already made their objection and (I assume) preserved this point for appeal? Surely it is better for the defense (or at least ICA) for the DT to get on with this trial, not piss off HHJP anymore than they already have and try this case to conclusion. Should ICA get acquited hoorah for the DT/ICA, if she gets convicted they have a good shot of getting the verdict overturned and a second bite at the cherry?

Could it be CM withdrawing and that gave JB a bout of the runs? CM discussed it with Casey... it is my opionion that Judge Perry looked disgusted at someone at the defense table.

CM did say the other day that "Pro Bono only goes so far" maybe he doesn't appreciate working 3 more days..

That crossed my mind too. Wouldn't be shocked at all, and that is really sad to say. :maddening:

ok so for those of us not in the know of law....if JB is going to file 'something' relating to JBP's jury selection procedures, then what happens? a higher court would hear the complaint and rule on it and then most likely they'd move to another venue and start jury selection over again making sure to follow the law to a T?

Just watched Patty's short clip and it appears as ICA was coming back in that CM was already gathering up his uh stuff....looked as if he even picked up AF's cough drop bag and tossed it...he is gathering things up and stacking them as if he knows today is over.IMO

It wouldn't have to be to appeal to a higher court if they wanted to appeal the manner in which HHJP was conducting voir dire. IF...IF..IF...this is what is happening, the appeals court would review and issue an expedited order.

The only thing that doesn't add up is court is to resume at 8:30a tomorrow, per HHJP. :waitasec:

Maybe JP knows that the appeals court will rule in his favor, but can't stop JB from going through the motions. :waitasec:

:eek:

OMG - no

Even so, would that stop jury selection? Anybody know where Ca and GA are today?

The judge is allowing further questioning of jurors - the defense got their way already this morning after Jose's touchy speech about his promise to ICA.

We don't know if he was making that little speech for the court or was it for KC.

I'm not going with the motion filed - they don't have to "discuss the matter with Miss Anthony" to file a motion. So, that's off the table.

JB being sick - ain't flying either because he drove himself away. Too sick to sit in a courtroom but not sick enough to drive himself away? Nope, that aitn'y fittin'.

A plea? Could be - but we all know there is NO WAY in hello that ICA will ever plea to ANYTHING.

So what's left?

I think JB had a family emergency come up or maybe he suddenly got food poisoning. One of the only two times I ever thought I might actually die was horrific food poisoning (the other was a bad asthma attach that went on just a leeetle too long).

I totally agree it's not any kind of motion. Jose would still be there if they were doing something like that and ICA would have known about it before JP.

JP wouldn't have had to ask Mason whether he had discussed "the matter" with ICA.

JB was not sick this morning. He needed the time to get away without being spotted. I hope Kathi B is hot on his trail at Orange County Courthouse. He has to be filing an appeal .

wait one damn minute...I'm made this entire stunt was designed to taint the jurors who have been seated so far. The judge is now going to have to ask them all one more time if they watched any news about this case. If one says yeah that JB was out sick...then boom mistrial and that is why the Judge was Peod

along those same veins why would they discuss the filing of an appeal with her?

Im not any legal eagle, however I have been doing some reading up on this..and IF Baez did indeed leave to file some sort of motion or appeal to the appellate Courts, the only way they can continue in this Court without Baez being present is IF KC agree's to it...JB is the lead attny on record, and his presence in the courtroom can only be waived by his client...

Sad to say, I think there is an appeal thats going to be filed regarding the "Perry Plan"....Unfortunately, I guess we will have to wait until the morning to see just where this delay takes us all :banghead:

Oh man, this is going to be the longest afternoon and night EVER...I have never wanted a Thursday to come so bad in my life!

I don't buy the whole Jose is sick angle. He was fine all day... smiling, smirking, giving over emotional speeches about fighting for his client. Something is going on and it isn't JB being sick. If it comes down to JB being sick... he is faking it in order to delay this. I want to hear the 911 call that took JB to the hospital... if he was that sick.

ETA: I really do hope that it isn't something really serious like a car accident or him suffering a stroke or something. As much as I despise him, I would never wish that on him. I still think it is a delay tactic... if it comes out that he is simply sick.

I agree . I am a little nervous, about him being ill. Maybe he suffered from som sort of anxiety attack or something thinking it was a heart attack, I don't know. I feel like he's in over his head a bit.

However,
Seeing the judges glare at the DT table-- it wouldn't add up. He really is not happy. The smile ICA gave her DT friends was not smirky to me but a isn't this too bad smile. An "I'm suffering but trying to be strong smile". IMO of course. Guess all we can do is wait and see. Hopefully all will continue.

I do have to go along with the poster that said ICA is known for waiting until she has painted herself into a corner before she relents. Taking the police to her "work" and waiting 31 days to admit darling Caylee is missing.

ARg--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member