2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO if it was any kind of pregnancy "emergency" Jose will not be in court at 8:30am. We may never know what the "matter" was. I am however starting to believe that it had nothing to do with this case.

Respectfully -
He didn't drive back to Kissimmee. He was seen at 3:30 (court was recessed at 1:10) in a parking lot of a hotel near the Pinellas courthouse. If it was the type of emergency you allude to, then wouldn't he have been long gone? That amount of time - he would have already been back there.

True, but he left during lunchtime according to the reports, so that is enough time to drive to wherever and back.

I don't think that's necessarily true. It depends on what the pregnancy related emergency was. If JB wife was in labor, there may have been more time for him to get his things together and get back or maybe it was a rush and she called him back and told him to take his time because _________. I mean, anything really.

Agreed. He may have gotten a panicked call @ noon that seemed ominous. While he was working it out to leave court, she may have already been checked out and things were fine by then. It does happen that way sometimes.

Seems like a likely explanation. Thanks for the input on that. What's your opinion on whether a jury will be seated in the next couple of days and opening statements starting on Monday? Likely to happen or not?

I think we will get a jury, just not with 4 or more alternate jurors.

I never claimed otherwise, I just (humbly) believe my guesses come from a more realistic perspective based on my own experiences as a defense lawyer.

And I just humbly believe I know BS when I smell it based on my own experiences as a Texan..............:floorlaugh:

Riddle me this, should his wife go into labor during trial does the world stop spinning? He know the job was dangerous when he took it.

I never claimed otherwise, I just (humbly) believe my guesses come from a more realistic perspective based on my own experiences as a defense lawyer.

Yes, but what I have seen from your blog and from your posts I am guessing you are a whole different kind of defense Lawyer than Mr. Baez.:innocent:

He was also seen in that car with the rest of the DT sharing an amusing conversation.
Now that doesn't seem like a man worried about a personal problem.

Having said that, I do hope his family is okay :smile:

<snipped>
"After that, Baez was spotted smiling with other defense attorneys in his car outside a hotel near the Pinellas County Courthouse."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-trial-week-two-wedne20110518,0,2431463.story

wow i hope JB had a legitimate reason for blowing off and halting the entire afternoon of jury selection

Here are my thoughts, and I ask that you not debate them as I think they are personal issues that if true have no need to be debated publicly. It is my understanding his wife is pregnant and I think it might have something to do with that.

Otherwise, there is no other reason that would require him to drive back to Kissimmee; not a plea, not a "misdemeanor pretrial conference," not being fired (there would have to be a hearing on that before he left town), not being sick (Ann Finnell powered through her cold), not a trademark dispute with George and Cindy, not anything but a legitimate personal matter.

And as far as I am concerned, if Judge Perry took it serious enough to break for the day, then I accept that and need no further explanation from Mr. Baez as to how legitimate it was or was not.

Thanks..............that's a logical and likely explanation. I hope all is well with Mrs. Baez.

Here are my thoughts, and I ask that you not debate them as I think they are personal issues that if true have no need to be debated publicly. It is my understanding his wife is pregnant and I think it might have something to do with that.

Otherwise, there is no other reason that would require him to drive back to Kissimmee; not a plea, not a "misdemeanor pretrial conference," not being fired (there would have to be a hearing on that before he left town), not being sick (Ann Finnell powered through her cold), not a trademark dispute with George and Cindy, not anything but a legitimate personal matter.

And as far as I am concerned, if Judge Perry took it serious enough to break for the day, then I accept that and need no further explanation from Mr. Baez as to how legitimate it was or was not.

If true it helps explain the friction between ICA and JB. JB is distracted and focused on his family and not so much on ICA and ICA is jealous and also conflicted since she terminated her family in favor of La Bella Vita.

ICA is hearing a LOT of Jurors declare her guilt so she must wonder about the selected Jurors and her chances ... The odds are not good so is she conflicted about a plea deal and sees the Juror who cannot judge folks as an opportunity to negotiate? I am skeptical.

Thanks Mr. Hornsby,
I feel it is simply a personal matter with Mr Beaz.
I looked & looked, yet never saw Casey crying.
I did not appear to me that Judge Perry was angry or pissed.
I do believe we will get the jury of 12.

I believe the media speculates, and is at times not honest in reporting, and the public believes everything put out there.

It' crazy!

Hey peeps, in case you missed it up above: we're going to do a server upgrade tonight to enhance your Websleuths experience. WS will be offline for less than an hour to do this. We'll wait until things are little slower.

This will happen in the next hour or so. Posting this so that no one here is :thud: (we've had a lot of that today!). Carry on for now, and :tyou:

I disagree. The taxpayers of FL should have the right to know why people are not doing their jobs and money being spent. There are no reports he drove back to Kissimmee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove