2011.05.20 Jury Selection DAY ELEVEN (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like all the remaining PJ's have finally figured out the magic words/phrases to get out of jury duty.

Much to the surprise of no one.

ICA sitting there writing like the good little DT member she thinks she is. I can't wait until Monday when we all hear the case the SA has in Opening Statements. Hope she cries...

PJ is against death penalty, and cannot vote for Death Penalty.

I think this is wrong of the judge. to brow beat these people into saying they could consider the DP. Thats wrong. That is making a hung jury.

Right out of the gate we get two gentlemen that are so opposed to the DP that they can not stay with us.

Did these folks go through a training on how to get out of jury duty? Just say you could not impose the death penalty and you are out of there!
Hee hee.

KC looks relieved to see a juror(and a male at that) that doesn't already think her guilty and one that doesn't necessarily believe in the DP.

Too bad KC, lost him on the DP issue.

moo

Against the DP.

Would you automatically vote against the DP without regard to evidence as shown or instructions I'd give you.

Yes

No sit where you could vote for DP?

I doubt it (?)

No way even consider if evidence warranted?

No

No questions state or DT

State? excuse for cause since against DP

DT? Objects

Excused for cause

3060:

HHJP: Good morning sir. Are you juror 3060?

yes

HHJP: heed not to watch news?

yes sir

HHJP: not to discuss?

yes sir

HHJP: did you heed no internet searches or any social media?

yes sir

HHJP: last time there was a question as to whether you would be payed by the school board.

I would be reimbursed 100%.

HHJP: Alright. Okay sir. June of 2008. Had you heard about this case when it first occured?

not at first.

HHJP: when was the first time you heard about this case?

three months ago.

HHJP: what did you hear and what source?

CNN.

HHJP: what did you hear on CNN?

I can't really recall. It was a five minute thing on my lunch break. They were just speaking about the case, was not paying attention. A girl, don't remember names...

HHJP: what video were they running?

showed picture of little girl. I guess where they were searching a couple houses.

HHJP: anything else you can recall?

no

HHJP: do you recall the commentary?

No but they were speaking about I guess another guy that was involved or somebody talking to someone where the actual crime took place.

HHJP: anything other than CNN?

Two or three weeks ago when they said they were switching it to here in Tampa.

HHJP: any thing else?

that was it.

HHJP: hear on the radio?

no

HHJP: newspaper?

no, I don't recall no.

HHJP: have you been around people who discuss this case?

my job

HHJP: we need to know what they said about this case.

Talking about switching it to Tampa.

HHJP: anyone express an opinion or impression re: ICA guilt or innocence.

no

HHJP: have you been involved in discussions?

no

HHJP: as a result of what you have seen in the media have you formed any opinions or impressions about ICA guilt or innocence?

no opinion.

HHJP: can you lay aside any opinions or impressions?

yes

HHJP: hesitation or reservation?

no

HHJP: sir when you came last week, I told you that this trial would preceed in two phases. ICA has entered a plea of not guilty. You must believe she is innocent. Do you have a problem with that?

No problem

HHJP: The burden of proof is on the state of Florida beyond and to the exclusion of every reasonable doubt.

No problem.

HHJP: Our constitution a defendant is not required to testify and you cannot hold it against the defendant.

No problem

HHJP: Your opinion regarding the DP. The cart before the horse. Do not read anything into what we are about to tell you.

okay.

HHJP: do you have any opinions regarding the DP?

Against it.

HHJP: Remember what I told you earlier. There is no problem of you not being in favor, the question is whether you can subordinate your views and use the law. I will ask a couple of questions, be as you have been, straight and candid. Would your view on the dp prevent you from finding ICA guilty if the evidence so warented? Because you might be concerned the DP would be imposed upon her.

no

HHJP: would you automatically vote against the DP, without regard to the evidence or the instructions I would give you in this case?

yes

HHJP: you could invision no situation where you would consider dp?

no

HHJP: Statement inquire.

no questions.

HHJP: step outside for a moment please. Excused. (over the objections of the defense)

I believe the DT pretrial motion on DP was that they said it doesn't matter if they are against the DP as long as they can render a verdict of guilt or innocence. BLAH BLAH BLAH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member