2011.05.24 SIDEBAR THREAD (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok folks. The next part is the truly hard part. Please remember to think before you post. We don't need any more victims of ICA and the DT. Let's all be good. And remember how long it's taken us to get here. Let's not ruin it for ourselves and each other.

This was such an amazing and heartbreaking morning for me. Even though I knew "every" statement LDB made - I was just too emotional to even post, except for during the break. I am so grateful to be able to watch online - my heart is so "heavy" hearing all this evidence in "real time" again when we've had 3 long years to absorb it. It makes it all the horrible to hear. I'd braced myself to listen, but still found I was not quite "ready" and shed quite a few tears...

Ditto for me. I cannot believe the emotion I felt when LDB started. I could not control the tears.

I'm not so sure this obsession of mine is healthy.

OK do me a favor and watch that again and just LOOK AT THE TISSUE she's using, especially toward the end of the clip.

JMO but I see NO tears on that tissue - it even looks like she even blows her nose and then puts the tissue right up to her eyes again. It's like dab her eyes, check for tears, dab her eyes, check for tears, etc. I don't know about you but when I cry my tissue would be soggy and I'd be reaching for another. :waitasec:

I can hear it now. Baez stalks the SA at lunch - "Say, if I buy your lunch, will you take a plea?" He has nothing, absolutely nothing to counter that great opening statement with.

I literally cannot listen to Baez talk. I will literally throw things and break my work computer. I'm going to just follow on WS to save my sanity, somewhat!

I TOTALLY AGREE Aedrys! I think if I listen I will pluck my eyelashes and eyebrows out ONE AT A TIME! Prayers for strength to all the courageous WS who have the stomach to listen to it live!!! PS somebody pass me some lobster dip and a nice cold CO-Cola (as my grandma used to say!)

I hope George & Cindy bought their bus tickets before they came. Cuz they either hop aboard or be run over!!

I think they're going to go with Choloroform accidentally killing Caylee. She'd used it before (the real kind, not homemade) and it worked. ICA was able to continue her partying and hanging out with friends while Caylee was knocked out. She grew tired of having to pay for it so she googled how to make it on her own. She used the homemade kind for the first time on June 16th and it accidentally killed her. ICA paniced and didn't know what to do, so she lied until she could lie no more. She was afraid of goign to jail, was afriad of her parents, afraid of losing Tony, so she had no choice but to lie.

How's that sound?

Yea, but don't explain how she went out and partied like it was New Years knowing her kid was deceased.
Don't think that will work.

I wonder how much of these details outlined by LDB that Casey knew. All her information came from DT. I am sure they did not discuss all the evidence with her. She may have copped a deal had she known the details of the evidence.

Or maybe she did know about all the evidence against her and just refused to admit anything. What can the defense do at that point? They signed on to defend her and they have to take her statements and lies and work with it.

I'm sured they've all tried to reason with her and get her to plea or admit to an accident but she will never do that. We've read and seen how adamant she is - how far she takes her lies.

I think its a huge mistake for Baez to put up a ton of pictures showing a 'loving mom' with Caylee. The jurors will just feel worse for Caylee and how this monster of a mother could have killed this adorable baby. The jurors won't fall for 'how could this loving mother have done this to her kid stuff.'

This was such an amazing and heartbreaking morning for me. Even though I knew "every" statement LDB made - I was just too emotional to even post, except for during the break. I am so grateful to be able to watch online - my heart is so "heavy" hearing all this evidence in "real time" again when we've had 3 long years to absorb it. It makes it all the horrible to hear. I'd braced myself to listen, but still found I was not quite "ready" and shed quite a few tears...

Did you remember the searches for "inhalation" and "death?" I never heard this before today and I was shocked!! Wonder how much I have really missed if I miss THAT!

I'm switching over right now.
Yikes! I need to let you know that since I posted that, the screen is not showing anything- it's just covered in blue.

I've been watching WFTV.com since the start of jury selection only because their volume is loud enough to hear over the noise of the construction going on outside my window. (The city is putting in a brand new street, with new curbs and sidewalks- terrible timing).

But, every hour, WFTV breaks for a 30 second commercial, no matter what is going on in the courtroom, which is absolutely maddening!

Thanks, JSR :)
And we all know where SP is sitting right now........................

Yes, yes I do! Mr. SP has a nice view of the bay he dumped his dead wife and unborn son. Although out here in CA the DP is just a formality. No one is ever put to death. SP will likely die of natural causes.

At the very begining, right after the sidebar, HHBP says "Mr. Baez. There is a portion of the the opening statement dealing with the defendent's right to remain silent. Do you wish to have this portion read?" Is this typical or would he have ICA speak during part of his opening statement?

:dunno: I'm going to go out on a limb, and say that I really think JB's opening is going to be an epic failure.

Maybe not! He did look a bit worried from what I seen on the video, but it don't mean his rebuttal will be a complete flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J_M_U