2011.05.24 SIDEBAR THREAD (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod note:

First, thank you all for your repsonsible posting and reverance displayed while listening to LDB's riveting opening statement. You guys were fantastic!

Just a warning here: Be aware that the Defense's opening statement is liable to bring to the surface anger and inflame many of us. PLEASE, please think before you post. TOS and rules of etiquette still apply. It is up to us to refrain and self-edit. So, take a minute before we go back to the trial thread and think about this. Just keep your emotions in check before hitting the "submit reply" button. :)

So happy for us all to be together here. I just don't want to lose anyone along the way for careless fingers on a keyboard.

:blowkiss:

deep breath, glass of wine, deep breath - you won't hear a peep out of me!

I think its a huge mistake for Baez to put up a ton of pictures showing a 'loving mom' with Caylee. The jurors will just feel worse for Caylee and how this monster of a mother could have killed this adorable baby. The jurors won't fall for 'how could this loving mother have done this to her kid stuff.'

And they'll see how phony and over the top ICA looks in them too..

I hope GA looks in his Bible and sees something that tells him to not be “willing to do anything to save his daughter” and to tell the truth. Hopefully they were glaring at ICA because that would be the first step in them being there for Caylee. I know they must be burdened with guilt about so many things but they need to think about the future. If they are willing to fall on their swords now are they willing to house, defend and protect ICA from life forever?

Newbie here....please be kind! I have lurked for years and finally joined. I have followed this case since Day 31 and can't believe that finally the trial is here, and there will be justice for Caylee. The opening statement was riveting.
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!

:seeya:

Sure it does...they will say she had to act like her daughter was with the nanny as not to alert anyone she was dead.

Like that will hold water.
A big part of me wish this guy was part of the prosicuting team:

Stevewilkos.jpg

Baez's opening-

Dear ladies and gentlemen of the jury. Thank you for your time, I truly hope you are comfortable in your hotels, and that you are enjoying getting to know one another. I hope they are feeding you good food and your showers are as hot as you would like them. If there is anything we can do to make your stay a little more comfortable, please inform the court. I don't know what to say at this point other than please find my client innocent of all charges. I'll explain everything when the state rests their case. (whispers to Mason- "hopefully we will figure something out by then")

I think they're going to go with Choloroform accidentally killing Caylee. She'd used it before (the real kind, not homemade) and it worked. ICA was able to continue her partying and hanging out with friends while Caylee was knocked out. She grew tired of having to pay for it so she googled how to make it on her own. She used the homemade kind for the first time on June 16th and it accidentally killed her. ICA paniced and didn't know what to do, so she lied until she could lie no more. She was afraid of goign to jail, was afriad of her parents, afraid of losing Tony, so she had no choice but to lie.

How's that sound?

That sounds like felony murder to me. I doubt she'd confess to that, chloroforming a child is aggravated child abuse, and if she died as a result, then it is murder in the first degree (although not pre-meditated), carries the same penalty.

One giant question: If she was only trying to get Caylee to stay alsleep... why did it all seem to happen right after the big fight with her mom?

Hate to do this but got called away suddenly and just getting back...

what time is court resuming? Trying to find it in the hearing thread is......well, you know....

Thanks!

I'm anxious to see how her head nodding will change during the defense opening. Will she be nodding "yes" to everything he says?

Long time lurker - I think this is my first post.

Can anyone tell me what time they're coming back? I missed the ending of LBD's opening statements and have no clue what time theye recessed.
TIA!

Sorry to mention it but I too have heard the possible theory that the tape was placed after her being left in the car a bit to prevent 'leakage'. Then it wouldn't have been the 'cause' of death.

Good point, but leakage could be contained by putting her in a bag or sack.

Duct tape wound all around the head smells like murder one to me.

But you're right, the defense may say that's why ICA did it.

Mason termed Jose's opening as "jaw dropping"

I am imagining Jose gets up, walks to the podium, heavy sigh and exclaims..." Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I got nothing"

I've seen this so many times from defense attorneys. They spew for months that when they get to trial it will all make sense. Then when that day comes I am left disappointed. They usually "got nothing".

nurse's personal checklist for DT opening statement
1) eye ball bleach for looking at ICA sobbing for herself... check

2) ear bleach for general purposes (just ran out to get more of this as I used it all during jury selection)...check

3) can of miller lite unopened (only used for emergencies... most likely will be cracked within first minute).... check

4) volume all the way up... check

5) door unlocked for DS when he gets home from school...check

6) pen at the ready with paper ((so any time out inducing statements I want to make can be written down but not get me booted!))... check

I just don't quite believe that JB will actually attempt an opening statement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila