2011.05.24 SIDEBAR THREAD (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope the state offers nothing

no deal

xcept lwop

I wonder how much of these details outlined by LDB that Casey knew. All her information came from DT. I am sure they did not discuss all the evidence with her. She may have copped a deal had she known the details of the evidence.

My 22 year old daughter and I had that conversation. I look at her and think could I think that of her if she had a child and were in this situation? What would I believe? My heart would tell me one thing, but my head would tell me another. However, I truly believe I would not be actively LYING to defend her, as the A's have done.

I undertstand, but to be honest we may never know what we would exactly do when put in certain situations no matter how much we think we would do the right thing.
As much as I would like to say if I was in the grandparents shoes, I wouldn't done what they had done, BUT until I experience it first hand, I can't say I wouldn't be doing the right thing in a different state of mind.

I think it is brilliant for the State to show Cindy and George as extremely worried grandparents. I don't think it would have been a good idea to put a lot of attention on the Anthony's because they don't want the jury to shift their focus to the Anthony's. No matter what the Anthony's have done these past few years, they are not the ones who murdered Caylee and that is what this trial is about. I do have a feeling the defense is going to try and take the focus off Casey and onto the Anthony's though. I think the State suspects this and wanted to show just how extremely worried they were at least up until July 15th, 2008.

It's also brilliant because if they're going to mad at anyone, it'll have to be the defense! LDB disarmed them this morning. If they dare to rail against the SA, it will only make THEM look bad. LDB is a GENIUS for making them look like worried grandparents in the opening statement.

according to channel 6 end of the day we may get to see exhibits....

Its sad to see after 3 years in jail Casey hasn't changed her demeanor a whole lot. I know we are angry with what she alledgedly did but please remember to hate the sin and not the sinner. Remember Caylees Grandparents are in the courtroom for their daughter and the Granddaughter who they loved so much and lost. We don't know what goes on in their heads but the death of Caylee has certainly been a very traumatic experience for them. You can tell by their actions. Anger, Denial, Bargaining, Depression and finally acceptance are all part of the grief they have to be feeling and now the court case brings all these feelings back up in their lives. Plus they have to look back to see where they went wrong raising Casey and if their homelife and problems in their home were the catalyst that led to Caylees death. I am asking YOU ALL to be kind with your words or be responsible with your comments. There has been enough pain for family, friends of the Anthonys AND ALL OF US HERE WHO HAVE FOLLOWED THIS CASE CLOSELY AND FEEL WE ARE REPRESENTATIVES FOR CAYLEE in that Courtroom. I know we are all angry that this precious little girl was murdered, we can't bring her back but we can keep her memory alive in our hearts. I hope her Grandparents will find consolation in the fact that strangers feel their pain and will never forget their beautiful grandchild who was taken from them.

I'm kind of thinking that ICA will cry during JB's opening. I also think JB may cry during his opening. What say you?

Will JB do it or CM?

She will cry because JB will paint a picture of a poor young girl with bad parents. He will make it all pitifull and she will cry. MO

They also said at end of day news people will have access to some/most of pictures from that day. Not sure if they will be able to show the skull. It will have to be an editorial decision to show it or not.

I'm confused about the shovel? Caylee wasn't buried where she was found. Was she buried at the Anthony's temporarily then moved?

Also, the search for choloform is obviously because ICA used it to help Caylee sleep. It was getting too expensive to buy it on the black market so she needed to learnto make it herself.

ICA's telling gestures during LDB's opening statement were some of the more horrifying things I have ever seen and I thought ICA could not surprise me.

now what I want to know, is - for closing statements, can the state use video of ICA doing all that shaking head at key points, and the nodding at that one INSANELY telling point? cause that right there IMO should have knocked the thought of cover up out of ANYONE'S head.

I think the most powerful thing the SAO could do in closing is to put a huge side by side of that beautiful pic of Caylee that we all first saw and fell in love with, beside one of her skull with the duct tape. Period.

And there we have it.... LKB is saying there must be something wrong with her, to have lied so much.

Channel 6 Joe Pippitone just said CA was just GLARING at KC when LDBsaid "thrown off the side of the road like trash"

Yes, I think so. In effect, the prosecutions is saying the duct tape is the murder weapon. And it was.

So much for Defense trying to tell us that Caylee accidentally drowned and Casey hid the accident because of childhood abuse and post-traumatic stress--if that's what they're going to try to pull.

Obscuring another person's nose and mouth with duct tape would only be to kill them.

Why would anyone put duct tape over the nose and mouth of a child who already died in an accident?
One theory was she died of chloroform and the tape was placed to 'subdue' fluids/insect infestations. (sorry) just another theory I had heard in regard to the tape being placed possibly post-mortem...

To the other poster who asked about the heart sticker/duct tape - that sticker you see is not attached to actual duct tape. IIRC it was detached and found free among the remains, but matches the outline/residue on the tape.

I find it incredibly inappropriate for LKB to be on TRU TV giving interviews.

OT,my FIL just e-mailed us that he is "sick" ,his way of saying his body is failing and he's leaving us.
Long life,still has his faculties and attempting to putter in his garden. Caylee never got that chance.

I wish someone would comment on the jurors facial expressions and whether they are crying or anything. Or looking a ICA

Jean Casarez said that the Jurors were transfixed by LDB and didn't take their eyes off her. A couple of Jurors opened their notepads and wrote briefly but most did not, the pads sat on their laps during her opening statement.

The Hinky Meter (ValHall's site) has a correspondent at trial. Here is her most recent Tweet about CM. Hmmm....wonder what's up with that....

MagpieFromHinky #chaneymason eating lunch with his new atty but no other defense

Linda Kinney Baden. Wants to know WHY Casey lied...:banghead:

Thats what gets me about her...its not a movie review or book....SHE HAS TO HAVE SOME IDEA OF THE ANSWER TO THAT ONE...this shouldn't be news to her....she was there for a bit of this....makes me sick :sick:

LDB did an outstanding job with her opening statement! :woohoo::woohoo:

I'm listening now to the recesss interview and Tony Pipitone just said that when LDB stated that Caylee was thrown away like trash - CA was glaring at KC as if to say, "how could you!"

The only reaction I saw from GA was when LDB was describing the events of July 15, 2008 - he was slightly nodding his head "yes" as if to say that her sequence of events was correct.

My impression is the LDB's opening statement was kind to GA and CA, painting them as victims.

WFTV.com just showed Nancy Grace walking into the back of the courtroom, as an observer.

Now they're showing George & CA talking to a security officer. Cindy is carrying a teddy bear with her. Must be one of Caylee's old teddy bears. That's kind of heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV