2011.05.24 - What was the biggest shock on the first day of the trial?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What was the biggest shock of the first day of trial?

• That LDB gave the States opening

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I left early onto the defense opening. It was too much for me and after shouting OMG at the moniter quite a few times (I really did shout OMG, not making a funny) I signed off and went to read a book.

Every single thing that came out of Baez mouth this morning up until the point where I signed off (Baez was blaming the LE for not taking Kronk's calls seriously when Kronk is the one that hid the body and....I got so lost and confused) was a shock to me.

To toe the line on TOS and not directly insult KC's lead defense I will say that I had free association of words in my mind while I listened to it and those words that came to mind were: <MAJOR MOD SNIP> A whole host of 'ish words that probably aren't even words...and last but not least...ludicrous(ish).

JMHO and as always respectful of our rules and guidelines here at WS.

The most shocking thing for me today was actually hearing them say Caylee drowned in the pool. After 3 years of denial and the nanny crap - I really did not ever expect her to admit she knew Caylee was dead.
The second shocking thing was to actually hear them utter those vile words of sexual abuse. I knew it was coming and yet I was still shocked to hear them say it.
Next....I couldn't believe the A's didn't blow a gasket when the defense made the allegations.
I was amused that they actually said George knew Caylee was dead. They left huge gaping holes in their defense story. Someone in the trial thread said earlier it was like the stew had too many ingredients. I think it would have been more believable if they had kept it simple. Claiming the accident but denying she had anything to do with the dead body, that GA was involved in the cover up and sexually abused her as a child and that RK hid the body for months was just all shockingly unbelievable, and by that I mean I didn't believe it.

I need a drink now.

HHJP said during jury selection that nobody could make any weird/shocked/ upset faces etc. or they would be ejected from the courtroom. That goes for G & C too. That is why they did not blow a gasket.

Can we add all of the above LOL, well except that LDB giving the opening I thought she would.

My big shockers

Admiting to the fact that Caylee was never missing not for one minute, I think this is the truth as ICA always knew where she was.

The sexual abuse claims, I don't even know where to start on that one. What a crock of carp and frankly an insult to those that have been abused that is including her daughter.

The genuine pain that you saw in the eyes of GA when Jose was slandering him. Here is a man that let's face it he is an Anthony enough said. But he truely loved his granddaughter. You could hear it in his voice you could see it in his eyes, I felt you could finally see his coming to terms that he knows what his daughter did to his granddaughter to punish his wife.

I am glad he told his version of the truth and am proud of the strength that that took but was surprised by it. I have to admit I thought for awhile that he was going to let it be as he has always seemed to do. Now that I see the video of the opening a little closer I owe him an apology cause you can see the difference.

I was really surprised at JB used the whole P***s in the mouth analogy don't think it won him anything I think that would have very much offend the older folks on the jury younger ones have heard much worse.
By the way did anyone see JA shake his head no when JB said that?? I saw a differnet angle and I think he was just as surprised and taken aback by it as I am sure lots of people were. Shaking his head thinking "oh no you didn't just say that"

RK thing don't even get me started just STUPID his pocket square is more guilty that RK.

Thanxs for the venting session I am just still in shock, just floored never in a million years did I think that ICA would admit anything but then again she really didn't they blamed everyone including Caylee for falling in the pool to begin with.

I was not surprised by anything that was said today. I had already decided that the defense was going down the " horrible accident - blame George because of abuse' road awhile ago. the only thing that I could not decide on was what kind of accident - drowning or accidental overdose. So now I know and their defense is as full of holes as I thought it would be. Looking forward to JA and LDB taking that defense theory apart piece by piece and then shredding the pieces!

The biggest shock for me? That Jose just sent his client a One Way Ticket on a West Bound Train to Death Row.

I voted other.. there were too many folks thrown under the "guilt bus"

only one riding it in reality is Casey

moo

My biggest shock of the day was when GA told the truth. I really thought he would take the fifth when asked about the sexual abuse. The claims in regards to sexual abuse was not a surprise to me. I'm sitting here right now, trying to figure out why the talking heads think opening statements by Baez were so brilliant.:waitasec:

BBM

The Talking Heads were probably shocked and awed that JB didn't spontaneously combust from the heat coming off that pile of manure he dumped in court today. That was pretty amazing. :floorlaugh:

I voted the DT going with the sexual abuse claim and well... if I could have added 'other' it would be placing GA at the so-called accident and then the whole Kronk portion.

Just Unbelievable. I can't between all of the Lawyers that have come, gone and stayed they could have come up with something better.

Yes, LDB's OS was a surprise...nice one at that. But the one thing that really surprised me (Jose can throw around the "P" word as much as he wants...it's as offensive as he is IMHO) was hearing about the wiki searches. I found that "new"...and also very surprising in a good way.

Respectfully, I don't understand why so many people are shocked and bothered by the 'p' word. A 'p' is a 'p'... it's the anatomical/proper word for that 'part' -- It's not a 'dirty word'. Baez didn't use some nasty slang word, he used the word a doctor would call it. Why is that shocking and inappropriate? I'm not defending the DT, I just think the hoopla surrounding that particular word is uncalled for.

For me it wasn't the "p" word in intself, it was the "p" in the mouth visual, said to shock and sicken the jury. It shocked and sickened me, and I believe ICA was shocked also, that is why she cried. To actually have her attorney say it, there is no going back now!

Respectfully, I don't understand why so many people are shocked and bothered by the 'p' word. A 'p' is a 'p'... it's the anatomical/proper word for that 'part' -- It's not a 'dirty word'. Baez didn't use some nasty slang word, he used the word a doctor would call it. Why is that shocking and inappropriate? I'm not defending the DT, I just think the hoopla surrounding that particular word is uncalled for.

I am not shocked at all by the word itself. I was a little shocked that JB actually said George's was in her mouth. I am pretty sure that Casey has had lots of them in her mouth, I just don't for one nanosecond believe that George's was one of them.

Yep, someone needed to teach JB the correct language to use even oral sex would have sounded better. Turned many jurors off right there. I think counseling may have really helped GA and hopefully CA too.

I have a couple...

1. When JB said George was the one who found Caylee in the pool and agreed to help ICA cover it up, without doing one thing to try and save Caylee and that he hid her body. --- Blew. me. away.

2. That Roy Kronk "found" Caylee's body "somewhere" but we'll never know
exactly where. Huh?

3. ICA taking down both George and Lee with the sex abuse allegations.

Number # 1 is the biggest for me though, I expected the sexual abuse claims and the accident defense/panic story, but never expected him to say George was there or involved.

The penis in her mouth thing was shocking, yes but I was expecting GA to lie. I could have cried hysterical happy tears when I realized he was on Caylee's team.

Me too! I had goose bumps when G said "No. I did not." Yay! ICA is done! :woohoo:

Themost shocking thing for me ... JB *sounded* like a real Hollywood lawyer ... Maybe Awwnoold will soon retain him as the new "Gloria Allred" for men HMPH!!!

I think, after pondering this all afternoon, that the most shocking thing I heard today was Baez insinuating that George or Lee is Caylee's father, and that they tried to keep her hidden like a "flower in the attic". The reference is here to VC Andrews' The Flower in the Attic. It's about a brother/sister incestuous relationship. He also says that the proof of this will not come out due to the "way the investigation was handled". UNbelievable!!!

ETA - I think the book is Flowers in the Attic. I remember reading it as a teen.

I am not shocked at all by the word itself. I was a little shocked that JB actually said George's was in her mouth. I am pretty sure that Casey has had lots of them in her mouth, I just don't for one nanosecond believe that George's was one of them.

oh my heavens the mental pics I am getting today *goes off to try to bleach brain*

The whole opening statement by the defense! I fell off my couch 5 times before I finally just sat on the floor! WOW! Anyone else looking forward to KC taking the stand and being DESTROYED by the SA's over these abuse allegations? Seriously...do you think JA and LDB are fighting tonight over who gets to cross examine her? lol

What a first day! LDB's opening was awesome. JB's was painful on many levels. I was surprised at the explicit sexual allegations (stated so for shock value, IMO,) and the drowning story. But I was most surprised by George's composure, self-control, and candor. I am so proud of him, and feel guilty for doubting him. I was one of the minority feeling strongly that he would go along with the defense and fall on the sword for Casey. My level of respect for him is at an all time high. Hope and pray Cindy does the same.

For me, it was the story that George knew that Caylee drowned and presumably hid the body.

That, along with the molestion charges, though some have expected to see this coming at us.

Now, stepping back a couple of feet out of harm's way.....

I have always felt that George knew or helped covered things up.
Just now, watching the replay on JVM - Ashton askes him about the allegation of abuse.
He lowers his head and shakes it in the negitive, will not look up, and says no.
When asked, did Caylee drown in your pool.
He lowers his head again, shakes it in the negtive, will not look up into the eye of Ashton or make eye contact with anyone, says, "No".

When asked if he hid Caylee's body, he sits straight up, looks straight at Ashton, and says, "No".
No head down, no head shaking.

Again, I've always felt something off and hinky with George, and I'm not ready to say that he has told the trueth yet. This is only day one.

I too always wondered why George was sneaking into the LE and the FBI, and very pointingly fingering Casey.
{I"m not giving her a pass on anything - please take note of that}

But, we all know that the entire family lies.
We all know that they live and breath for money.
We all know that Cindy is/was the main breadwinner in that family.
We all know that both Casey and George were and had been taking Cindy to the cleaners for how long?
How would they afford a funeral??
Where would that money come from??
Not asking who the father was when he didn't know for sure who his daughter was dating? He was happy and proud that he was going to be a grandfather.
My father hit the roof when I came home pregnant and had been with the same guy, engaed to him, etc, yet he still questioned me. Yeah, he accepted it later, and was proud of his grandbaby,etc.
But, for him to be so blaise about it?? Our George who has to have the last word about everything?
And, to top it off, he GOES INTO DELIVERY WITH HER??
How many father's out there DO THAT??? Not mine. Not my daughter's father. {she would never even consider if when and hopefully when it happens}

The fight - Yeah, I thought there was a fight on Father's Day, but because of things Caylee was telling.
But, I've always thought that the fight carried over to the next day with George and Casey.
IF that happened, and things got carrried away - Caylee may well have drown in the pool and been there for some time.
And, George could have easily berated Casey and blamed her for it and etc.

I don't know ~ I'm not shocked yet at anything.
And, I still do not trust George.

And, again, I'm not siding with Casey, but I'm not going to sing George's praises yet either.

Moving on then, bringing Kronk into this???
To much ~ How do you get from here to there?
Yeah Baez, you DO have to explain that. That is NOT a question that we may never know.
Kronk is gonna be on the stand ~ ask him!!
How's that gonna work??

Sorry - one more thing - Had George and Casey admitted to Cindy that Caylee accidently drowned on their watch, she would have given them both the boot to the curb, IMO.
They would have lost their meal ticket, and Casey's meal t icket was not secure yet, and George's wasn't either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrina Sleuth