2011.05.27 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear Jose reads here to get some of his ideas...

You are 100 % right - something is not adding up there, no two ways about it, and the
Defense assertion that he already knew Caylee had drowned rings all the more true.
I think this bit damaged the State somewhat. I'm sorry, but the man is a former detective and knew the smell of decomp, he also knows that you can't mistake it for any other smell. IIRC, he even told LE that he instantly knew that it was human decomp and had he needed to roll the window down, etc. He never offered up that he believed the source of the decomp smell was the garbage.

If I pretend to be a juror, I'm wanting to know why he didn't call the police, right then and there. And I want an explanation that's plausible.

So is this coming down to George and Lee for Caylee and Mallory and Cindy there for Casey? Troops equally split?

I know I'm not crazy.....not making anything up.....just posting what I observed. Watching the Casey cam on WFTV.

First thing this morning, while HHJP was telling the jury about getting to see the hockey game tonite, ICA was looking straight ahead and smiling and laughing and interacting with someone. Even mouthing words to this person. I don't know who it is and that is why I asked. Is the jury directly across the room from her? This afternoon, same thing. While HHJP was telling the jury about tonites plan, same big grin, same head nodding, same mouthing of words.

I wish that WFTV had replays of the Casey cam but I can't find it. And the regular replay doesn't show the hockey game stuff. So.....it's just my opinion and my observation. Sorry for the confusion....won't bring it up again. :seeya:

I keep wondering why GA said he called Amscot after he got to work, when he told SB about amscot having the car for 3 days when he was picking up the car.
I think I just hit a brick wall.
If George is playing both ends against the middle...

I didn't see any tears on Mallory's face. Her body language was not congruent with her words. Using vague words. Why is Mallory so supportive of casey? I suggest she and cindy are both going to be there for casey.

All of this back and forth today between Baez and GA was exactly what I was saying yesterday: the SA needs to give him a stern warning that being obstinate and dancing around common sense questions needs to STOP. It makes him appear evasive and sneaky.

B: "When you opened the trunk, was the smell more overpowering?"
GA: "I don't know what you mean sir. I saw garbage in the trunk."
B: "That's not what I aksed you. I asked you when the trunk was opened, was the smell more overpowering?"
GA: "I said I saw garbage in the trunk. I've already answered your question, sir."

Yadda yadda.

If he doesn't watch it, he's going to cook his own goose. He looks argumentitive, stubborn, and like he's trying to play semantics because he has something to hide.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Mallory described casey as an "Amazing mother". I take exception to the use of this word. It describes nothing and is used when people want to exalt something or someone. It is a vague adjective used when they really have "other" things to say..that are not beneficial.

Scott Peterson also used "amazing" describing his relationship with Lacey. It is a very poor choice and I detest it.

Mallory obviously had nothing specific but wanted to display an overall impression. It doesn't work for me and it shouldn't work for anyone else.

I don't necessarily. It is her perception. She admits that she was not "friends" with Casey. For that matter, everyone who knew Casey said she was a "good mother". Have to keep in mind a couple of things about this.

1 - The people who say she was a "good mother" barely knew her.

2 - Mallory admits she only saw her mostly at "family gatherings".

Another interesting point that was made today is that JB asks most witnesses if Caylee loved Casey. Not the other way around. Most 2yr. olds have unconditional love. They don't know any better, so of course Caylee loved Casey. Not a newsflash, IMO.

So, I don't find Mallory's testimony surprising, for the infrequent times she spent with them. She was around when GA & CA were around, not Casey alone with her.

HLN says it's known that Lee and Cindy are 100% behind Casey. I wonder if this is true or is their opinion?

It was somone that called in said that was why Mallory was making those statements about what a special relationship KC and Caylee had. She thought
she was doing it cause Cindy was going to be her MIL and Lee her husband so she was tipping the scales.. As i remember they didnt even like each other.

Attachments

• LDB and JB.jpg
    LDB and JB.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 35
JMO - I explained my thoughts on the chloroform search in a previous post. Neck breaking? No idea....

More often than not children of this age are killed/murdered when their caregiver loses it either over a tantrum or some undesired behavior. ICA looks to me like someone who could lose it and very easily harm a child or even a parent. Sometimes just the way she clenches her hands gives me the chills. I fear her.. and not because she's diabolical. But because she's explosive.

I wish we were hearing more about ICAs temper and control issues as I think she snapped out of anger and things building up - pressure, men, no money, no college, no career ...

All of this back and forth today between Baez and GA was exactly what I was saying yesterday: the SA needs to give him a stern warning that being obstinate and dancing around common sense questions needs to STOP. It makes him appear evasive and sneaky.

B: "When you opened the trunk, was the smell more overpowering?"
GA: "I don't know what you mean sir. I saw garbage in the trunk."
B: "That's not what I aksed you. I asked you when the trunk was opened, was the smell more overpowering?"
GA: "I said I saw garbage in the trunk. I've already answered your question, sir."

Yadda yadda.

If he doesn't watch it, he's going to cook his own goose. He looks argumentitive, stubborn, and like he's trying to play semantics because he has something to hide.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:
:clap::gthanks::yourock:

Mallory described casey as an "Amazing mother". I take exception to the use of this word. It describes nothing and is used when people want to exalt something or someone. It is a vague adjective used when they really have "other" things to say..that are not beneficial.

Scott Peterson also used "amazing" describing his relationship with Lacey. It is a very poor choice and I detest it.

Mallory obviously had nothing specific but wanted to display an overall impression. It doesn't work for me and it shouldn't work for anyone else.

bbm
I agree.
Amazing is that Cindy did not kick Casey out of the house, so ICA would learn to be a responsible adult and mother and provide for herself and Caylee...
Amazing is that it was Cindy who continued to provide for Caylee and Casey for EVERYTHING....
:waitasec: did I just use Amazing and Cindy in the same sentence...:silenced:

I know I'm not crazy.....not making anything up.....just posting what I observed. Watching the Casey cam on WFTV.

First thing this morning, while HHJP was telling the jury about getting to see the hockey game tonite, ICA was looking straight ahead and smiling and laughing and interacting with someone. Even mouthing words to this person. I don't know who it is and that is why I asked. Is the jury directly across the room from her? This afternoon, same thing. While HHJP was telling the jury about tonites plan, same big grin, same head nodding, same mouthing of words.

I wish that WFTV had replays of the Casey cam but I can't find it. And the regular replay doesn't show the hockey game stuff. So.....it's just my opinion and my observation. Sorry for the confusion....won't bring it up again. :seeya:

I posted the same observations!! Thank You!!

I think this bit damaged the State somewhat. I'm sorry, but the man is a former detective and knew the smell of decomp, he also knows that you can't mistake it for any other smell. IIRC, he even told LE that he instantly knew that it was human decomp and had he needed to roll the window down, etc. He never offered up that he believed the source of the decomp smell was the garbage.

If I pretend to be a juror, I'm wanting to know why he didn't call the police, right then and there. And I want an explanation that's plausible.

GA and CA will tell you the smell was "rotten pizza"......and there was never a dead body in the trunk of the car.

I dont think the prosecution is strong enough! They dont seem to be connecting the dots for the jury..

During the videos today they never said this is what she was doing when her child was missing... this is how she was looking for her child.... They just dont seem very direct!
JMO

GA and CA will tell you the smell was "rotten pizza"......and there was never a dead body in the trunk of the car.

Nope..George came through, no reason to think Cindy won't

JB said as much and made the case today that YES there was a body in her trunk today for the prosecution...thanks Jose;)

Well, here's how I see it. Once he opened that trunk, and found no dead body but just a bag of garbage, I think he decided he must have been wrong. If that had been me, I think I might have just been so relieved that nobody was in that trunk, I might not have thought any further. Maybe try to convince myself that it was just garbage. I mean, George knew what human decomp smelled like, but would he know that rotting meat (for example) wouldn't smell pretty much the same? They didn't open the garbage bag - maybe he just assumed that it had something in it causing the terrible smell.

I don't think I'd necessarily make the leap to "okay, there's no dead body here now, but there must have been one recently so I'll call the police."

It reminds me a bit of a friend of mine whose doctor thought she had a tumor in her uterus. The night before she was scheduled for surgery, another doctor examined her and ran some more tests and said "no, actually you are pregnant." She was so relieved that she didn't have cancer that it was several weeks before she woke up one day and said "Pregnant? Wait! I'm going to have a baby??" The relief that the worst outcome was no longer on the table overshadowed the other part!

Tink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member