2011.05.28 Cindy Anthony testimony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The one thing that is going to potentially sink the SA unless they explain it perfectly to the jury:

They MUST explain why 2 parents, concerned about their daughter and even more concerned about a granddaughter they had not seen in weeks, upon getting the car from the tow yard with the "dead body in the damn car" smell, failed to contact police IMMEDIATELY.

Any sane person finding a car of a family member not seen in weeks that stinks to high heaven like human decomposition would call 911 in 2 seconds flat. Not only did they not do this, they brought the car home, and then BOTH went to work doing nothing for hours and hours. It was CA's coworkers who were regular, "normal" people who were the ones to convince her to do it! If they knew what to do, why didn't she?

It doesn't make a shred of sense. I believe a million percent that Casey is guilty, yet the SA hasn't explained this in a sensible or satisfactory way to *me*. SA, if you are out there, a jury is going to say that this is worth reasonable doubt. Only somebody with something to hide fails to do what makes sense & is the "right" thing.

Do NOT let the inmate walk free because of this one point. You MUST explain and convince the jury about GA & CA's unreasonable behaviour in failing to alert the police immediately when they found the car. Do whatever it takes.

:waitasec::confused::dunno:

I wonder if CA said she quit looking for the nanny when she heard on tv, the DT (LB ? ) that there was no nanny.

The one thing that is going to potentially sink the SA unless they explain it perfectly to the jury:

They MUST explain why 2 parents, concerned about their daughter and even more concerned about a granddaughter they had not seen in weeks, upon getting the car from the tow yard with the "dead body in the damn car" smell, failed to contact police IMMEDIATELY.

Any sane person finding a car of a family member not seen in weeks that stinks to high heaven like human decomposition would call 911 in 2 seconds flat. Not only did they not do this, they brought the car home, and then BOTH went to work doing nothing for hours and hours. It was CA's coworkers who were regular, "normal" people who were the ones to convince her to do it! If they knew what to do, why didn't she?

It doesn't make a shred of sense. I believe a million percent that Casey is guilty, yet the SA hasn't explained this in a sensible or satisfactory way to *me*. SA, if you are out there, a jury is going to say that this is worth reasonable doubt. Only somebody with something to hide fails to do what makes sense & is the "right" thing.

Do NOT let the inmate walk free because of this one point. You MUST explain and convince the jury about GA & CA's unreasonable behaviour in failing to alert the police immediately when they found the car. Do whatever it takes.

In the Anthony's world, it makes sense. Cindy told her coworkers that she was going to give Casey a chance to explain, after they urged her to call LE. She knew, IMO, what she should have done, but in Anthony style, she wanted to "talk" to Casey first.

I agree. I think KC was checking to see if the house would be empty.

Good point.

I think the strongest point JB has made thus far is that GA, a former cop, didn't call the police immediately at the tow yard. It fits very well with his theory that GA already knew Caylee was dead. JMO

Good point.

I think the strongest point JB has made thus far is that GA, a former cop, didn't call the police immediately at the tow yard. It fits very well with his theory that GA already knew Caylee was dead. JMO

And a former detective calling LE about stolen gas cans, such as who does that? I will concede JB did a good job morphing GA's behavior into implicating him throughout the opening statement. I don't believe, however, that CA left the pool ladder up.

MOO

And a former detective calling LE about stolen gas cans, such as who does that? I will concede JB did a good job morphing GA's behavior into implicating him throughout the opening statement. I don't believe, however, that CA left the pool ladder up.

MOO

I agree. I don't think GA or CA were involved in Caylee's death but in their zeal to cover up for her they played right into JB's hands on his theory. Had it been me I would have called the cops at the tow yard and not touched anything. If I knew what the smell of death was I would treat it like a crime scene. JMO

Unhappy with her teenage daughter's pregnancy did not seem to block her love of her grandchild when she arrived. Her mixed emotions about Casey's unplanned pregnancy seems moot now.[/QU

Did the SA ask CA if she ask KC who the father was..does anyone know?

In the Anthony's world, it makes sense. Cindy told her coworkers that she was going to give Casey a chance to explain, after they urged her to call LE. She knew, IMO, what she should have done, but in Anthony style, she wanted to "talk" to Casey first.

As former LEO GA knows they need probable cause of a crime to impound the car...they would have to have reportes Caylee missing and then LE may have dealt with it...may not.

I wonder if CA said she quit looking for the nanny when she heard on tv, the DT (LB ? ) that there was no nanny.

You're right! I looked it up and that was April 16th!!! Wow.

These margins sure are getting blown a lot. It makes it very difficult to read posts.

I agree. I don't think GA or CA were involved in Caylee's death but in their zeal to cover up for her they played right into JB's hands on his theory. Had it been me I would have called the cops at the tow yard and not touched anything. If I knew what the smell of death was I would treat it like a crime scene. JMO

This should make for some interesting cross-examination........

MOO

It's discussed in this thread, "What happened six weeks ago":

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137918"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137918[/ame]

It was when the DT turned the blame on GA that CA stopped looking for the "nanny."

BBM

I don't agree with this. CA at least had been in contact with ICA pretty much daily. That more or less rules ICA as being the source of the odor, and even though neither CA nor GA had contact with Caylee, IMO, it is just not human nature to immediately go to worst case scenario in a situation like this. Not only would CA and GA have to accept, on the basis of an odor, that their grandchild was dead, they would also have to accept their daughter was a killer. Double whammy, and IMO I just don't think most people would be able to do it right there on the spot.

They were speaking to ICA every day. They didn't think she was missing.

BBM

I don't agree with this. CA at least had been in contact with ICA pretty much daily. That more or less rules ICA as being the source of the odor, and even though neither CA nor GA had contact with Caylee, IMO, it is just not human nature to immediately go to worst case scenario in a situation like this. Not only would CA and GA have to accept, on the basis of an odor, that their grandchild was dead, they would also have to accept their daughter was a killer. Double whammy, and IMO I just don't think most people would be able to do it right there on the spot.

I agree with Lanie. (We posted at the same time.)

I write their failure to call LE from the towyard off as massive confusion coupled with massive denial.

Good point.

I agree this is a problem. I don't understand why the tow yard guy didn't call the police...let alone George. The only thing I can think of is that sometimes when your brain doesn't want to accept something you convince yourself it's something else. Like George knew that smell, but when he saw the garbage bags in the trunk his brain said "Oh yeah, that's the smell." I don't think George could convince himself though, he knew it was decomposition, but it took it a little while let himself think about it. I think Cindy completely convinced herself it was garbage, with some help from George. She said she asked him a few times. "It's pizza right? It's rotting piece right George?" He assured her that it was.

I also think major denial and panic were setting in. According to ICA, she and Caylee were okay---CA and GA's world was imploding.

BBM

I would call the police because I would be concerned that someone stole the car and used it in a murder. JMO

As former LEO GA knows they need probable cause of a crime to impound the car...they would have to have reportes Caylee missing and then LE may have dealt with it...may not.
I am trying to put myself in their shoes and given the circumstances (no sign of Grandchild in a month, smell of dead body in daughter's towed car), I would have to call LE in. As a Grandparent, probable cause would not even be a thought. LE would have responded to a call reporting this smell.

Okay, I'm a bit confused here. I thought, during an interview with LE or something, that CA said ICA had called her on the afternoon of the 16th asking CA if she would watch Caylee.

Is that not correct? If not, where did this babysitting info come from?

I don't remember CA saying anything about the "flurry of calls" in any interview, however I may have misremembered. I always recall those calls that were made as being something brought up early on when we got the discovery about her cellphone calls and her pings.

Since then, there has been lots of speculation, on this site and others, over the last several years that the "flurry of calls" that afternoon to both CA and GA were either about KC having a pool accident (why she would call them and not 911 is pretty absurd unless she just thought they would cover for her) or to get them to babysit, particularly since it was close to the time of her needing to meet AL. I always thought the latter made more sense.

Since this theory has been floating about, it may be simply that people on forums guessed the truth or that now CA finds it convenient at this juncture to corroborate them (I'm sure she's read extensively on line). IIRC, these calls went unanswered by both parents, so it leads me to agree with the theory that they knew KC was (yet again) calling them to babysit and they knew it had nothing to do with any legitimate "event" she was planning. CA's testimony about them now though conveniently eliminates the theory that Caylee had died earlier in the day - they take place when both CA and GA are at work later in the afternoon, so it had to be after the "pool accident" JB painted in his opening statement. Why on earth would she need to call GA frantically if he already knew something had happened?

She was using her phone the whole evening of the 15th??
Cindy made it sound as though they had really spent a lot of time viewing the videos after Casey did whatever to make them viewable on the computer...and then the time they spent crying together...

Cindy had also mentioned in a previous interview or depo that she and Casey and Caylee laid on the bed and watched Desperate Housewives together that evening. Boy that Casey can sure multitask.
Also, what is with the menstrual symptom note comparison Cindy said she and Casey would always do. Comparing headaches and bloating and that their cycles were pretty much the same (not always unusual for two women living in the same household I understand). However, what symptoms would Casey have to compare as she was pregnant for seven months before Cindy found out?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch
Back