2011.05.28 Cindy Anthony testimony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I need to say that I feel GA and CA were very respectful to the prosecution. :)

I also feel they were truly being honest.

But something is bothering me. During CA's testimony she never mentioned the argument she and ICA had on Fathers Day evening/night, 2008. Why not? :waitasec:

Cindy had also mentioned in a previous interview or depo that she and Casey and Caylee laid on the bed and watched Desperate Housewives together that evening. Boy that Casey can sure multitask.
Also, what is with the menstrual symptom note comparison Cindy said she and Casey would always do. Comparing headaches and bloating and that their cycles were pretty much the same (not always unusual for two women living in the same household I understand). However, what symptoms would Casey have to compare as she was pregnant for seven months before Cindy found out?

Cindy made it seem as if ICA and just found out herself. The way she worded her answer it was like ICA told her when she found out herself, but she was almost 7 months when she told Cindy. :waitasec:

When Cindy was on the stand LDB asked her about Caylee's teddybear. She said yes she cuddled with it since she couldn't cuddle with Caylee.Then LDB asked if it come up missing and Cindy said yes. She then ask Cindy if she told Casey about it and Cindy said maybe a few days later. So I wonder if Casey went back to the home and took the Teddy because she knew her mom was sleeping with it and she wasn't gonna let her mom have any comfort at all. I am also thinking this is what Cindy was refering to when on the jail visits early on, Cindy ask Casey if Zanny had a key to their house. Maybe she thought Zanny had come and took Caylee's fav. bear. Did they ever get the bear back I wonder?

Anyone else think Casey was mortified that Cindy was talking about her periods? :giggle:

I need to say that I feel GA and CA were very respectful to the prosecution. :)

I also feel they were truly being honest.

But something is bothering me. During CA's testimony she never mentioned the argument she and ICA had on Fathers Day evening/night, 2008. Why not? :waitasec:

She has always denied that it happened....

Something is bothering me:

CA testified that she drove to Universal, parked, went in, KC wasn't there so she called her on her cell.

How did CA find out KC was not there? Where within Universal would CA have checked? Would CA have known where KC's office was? Or...did CA have to ask at an info desk or reception area to see KC? And if she did, wouldn't the receptionist have asked, "Casey who?"

I guess my question is, if CA didn't find KC at Universal that day, wouldn't she have known on that day that KC didn't work there? Or was this testified to and I just missed it?

Since I am not familiar with Universal's layout or protocol for anyone coming in to visit an employee, I hope someone here who knows can fill me in. TIA.

I think Cindy called her on the phone while she was in the parking lot and then Casey told her she wasn't there.

I agree this is a problem. I don't understand why the tow yard guy didn't call the police...let alone George. The only thing I can think of is that sometimes when your brain doesn't want to accept something you convince yourself it's something else. Like George knew that smell, but when he saw the garbage bags in the trunk his brain said "Oh yeah, that's the smell." I don't think George could convince himself though, he knew it was decomposition, but it took it a little while let himself think about it. I think Cindy completely convinced herself it was garbage, with some help from George. She said she asked him a few times. "It's pizza right? It's rotting piece right George?" He assured her that it was.

i agree except where does the 911 call "smells like a dead body in the #$nm car!" come in? She had some realization of it within a 6-8 hour time span, so it leads me to believe there was some discussion between the two of them that they knew what the smell was? jmoo

Is that a doll outfit sitting up in Caylees bed on the right hand side without a doll in it , or do I need to get my eyes checked? Look at the picture in CA test. of the bed.

When did Lee say and then retract that there had been a fight?
(I don't know all the details of this case, sorry :( )

I don't remember CA saying anything about the "flurry of calls" in any interview, however I may have misremembered. I always recall those calls that were made as being something brought up early on when we got the discovery about her cellphone calls and her pings.

Since then, there has been lots of speculation, on this site and others, over the last several years that the "flurry of calls" that afternoon to both CA and GA were either about KC having a pool accident (why she would call them and not 911 is pretty absurd unless she just thought they would cover for her) or to get them to babysit, particularly since it was close to the time of her needing to meet AL. I always thought the latter made more sense.

Since this theory has been floating about, it may be simply that people on forums guessed the truth or that now CA finds it convenient at this juncture to corroborate them (I'm sure she's read extensively on line). IIRC, these calls went unanswered by both parents, so it leads me to agree with the theory that they knew KC was (yet again) calling them to babysit and they knew it had nothing to do with any legitimate "event" she was planning. CA's testimony about them now though conveniently eliminates the theory that Caylee had died earlier in the day - they take place when both CA and GA are at work later in the afternoon, so it had to be after the "pool accident" JB painted in his opening statement. Why on earth would she need to call GA frantically if he already knew something had happened?

When did Lee say and then retract that there had been a fight?
(I don't know all the details of this case, sorry :( )

According to LP and JG LA told them. LA never told LE. IIRC

CA testified that she drove to Universal, parked, went in, KC wasn't there so she called her on her cell.

How did CA find out KC was not there? Where within Universal would CA have checked? Would CA have known where KC's office was? Or...did CA have to ask at an info desk or reception area to see KC? And if she did, wouldn't the receptionist have asked, "Casey who?"

I guess my question is, if CA didn't find KC at Universal that day, wouldn't she have known on that day that KC didn't work there? Or was this testified to and I just missed it?

Since I am not familiar with Universal's layout or protocol for anyone coming in to visit an employee, I hope someone here who knows can fill me in. TIA.

Cindy didn't say she asked at Universal about ICA, she said she went to Universal, didn't buy a ticket, just went to Guest Services and called ICA on her cell phone. I'm thinking going to the Guest Services desk was just a reconizable spot to tell ICA where to come meet her.

Cindy didn't say she asked at Universal about ICA, she said she went to Universal, didn't buy a ticket, just went to Guest Services and called ICA on her cell phone. I'm thinking going to the Guest Services desk was just a reconizable spot to tell ICA where to come meet her.
To get to Guest Services is quite a ways into the property. First you drive into the main parking lots and park (think HUGE HUGE HUGE parking lots). After you park you then take the moving walkways into City Walk (a large outdoor type mall with a 16 screen movie theater and nightclubs and shops and resturarants). You then can access the two theme parks from there - the original park is to the right side - end of City Walk and to the left side is the entrance for Islands of Adventure. You have to go over a bridge as there is a waterway that flows in front of the two parks and acts as a divider.

Then you get to the ticket booths and turnstiles. You can go off the far side and there are offices marked "Guest Services".

CA didn't say which guest services she went to but she did state she didn't buy a ticket- and it doesn't matter which one. I've been at both several times.

I guess CA thought she would call ICA from there and that wherever ICA was on the property she (ICA) could make her way there. Since she was an "event planner" she (ICA) probably talked alot about the "guest services" offices.

I don't know of any other Guest Services office that CA could have gone to. Each hotel on site has one - but she didn't say she went to any of the hotels.

Just a little FYI on the parks. I know them like the back of my hand cause we ride :rollercoaster: :rollercoaster: :rollercoaster:

Unhappy with her teenage daughter's pregnancy did not seem to block her love of her grandchild when she arrived. Her mixed emotions about Casey's unplanned pregnancy seems moot now.[/QU

Did the SA ask CA if she ask KC who the father was..does anyone know?

This whole subject about not knowing who the father is really bugs me. CA told police his name was "Eric something" and he died in a car accident. That sounds so strange to me. And George (and I guess Cindy) didn't ask who the father was when they found out ICA was pregnant? Why not? That would be my first question.

Cindy testified today that she did speak with Casey on the 16th. and her plans were to stay over at the nanny's with Caylee because she had to work late and be there again early. George has said that is what she told him also. The big elephant in the room for me is what did she plan on doing with Caylee? We know her real plans were to stay with Tony. Tony did not allow Caylee for sleepovers. With what we know I can't think of any other explanation than Casey using chloroform, duct tape and the trunk as a baby sitter.
OT and I totally agree about the chloroform. I have always believed she either taped a chloroformed rag over her face or folded papertowels, which she knew would disintegrate.

Poor Cindy and George. (I never thought I would say THAT!):banghead:

The one thing that is going to potentially sink the SA unless they explain it perfectly to the jury:

They MUST explain why 2 parents, concerned about their daughter and even more concerned about a granddaughter they had not seen in weeks, upon getting the car from the tow yard with the "dead body in the damn car" smell, failed to contact police IMMEDIATELY.

Any sane person finding a car of a family member not seen in weeks that stinks to high heaven like human decomposition would call 911 in 2 seconds flat. Not only did they not do this, they brought the car home, and then BOTH went to work doing nothing for hours and hours. It was CA's coworkers who were regular, "normal" people who were the ones to convince her to do it! If they knew what to do, why didn't she?

It doesn't make a shred of sense. I believe a million percent that Casey is guilty, yet the SA hasn't explained this in a sensible or satisfactory way to *me*. SA, if you are out there, a jury is going to say that this is worth reasonable doubt. Only somebody with something to hide fails to do what makes sense & is the "right" thing.

Do NOT let the inmate walk free because of this one point. You MUST explain and convince the jury about GA & CA's unreasonable behaviour in failing to alert the police immediately when they found the car. Do whatever it takes.

:waitasec::confused::dunno:
Denial. They were in denial. Why? Well, they KNEW KC was alive and well. Cindy had been in constant contact with her. They KNEW she was not dead. They could NOT under any circumstances entertain the idea that the smell they smelled in that car was Caylee. Their minds would not and could not wrap around it. They were conflicted. They were confused. They were too terrified to even for one moment consider the horrible possibility that Caylee was dead. But they DID develop a brand new urgency to find KC. A die-hard, will not be denied intensity to track her down and get to the truth. When she did NOT have Caylee with her, I think that is the exact moment when they went over to the dark side of denial and were prepared to believe ANYTHING rather than that the precious baby they had helped raise was the smell inside that car.

Also, remember, the tow yard manager also did not call the police in response to that smell. Sometimes the mind is a tricky mechanism, and can convince us of all kinds of scenarios under the right circumstances...

Maybe, but I have a very hard time believing it in the light of the fight that supposedly happened.
If I have not completely lost my recollection, this fight happened some length of time before the 15th...It was just pressed into that space of time by speculation...:waitasec: I think it happened closer to May than to fathers day...???

I think she is merely referring to all the outdoor searches for the body (as opposed to looking for a live Caylee).

It sounded very generic to me. Plus, TM and TxEq were searching wooded areas, etc.
I think Cindy could not tolerate to even think that Caylee was dead, much less to say it, so instead of saying dead she said in the woods, or out there somewhere, avoiding the word dead at all costs. She was in deep denial...total all inclusive denial...

I think that KC had told her there was some kind of event taking place at Universal that involved families so she took Caylee there to have fun. It was her reason why she didn't have CA baby sit Caylee that day. So it seems that CA went to Universal to inquire about the happy, fun family day that Caylee was enjoying so she could join in, too. Probably was told that no one had a clue what she was talking about. She called KC and I believe that KC told her that something came up and she was in Jacksonville, IIRC. Poor KC, something was always coming up.

I was almost aboard the CA train and decided to go back and look at all of her videos. I believe your last sentence will ring true. I think that CA is still CA and ICA is still ICA. As for GA, he's still GA and I think that both parents will still do whatever it takes to save their evil spawn. Nuff said!:maddening:
I honestly think that Cindy AND George love Casey. She is their only daughter, and they love her, totally and without reserve.

However, they ALSO loved Caylee...and they have recently discovered that Casey is in fact responsible for Caylee's death-it was spelled out for them in black and white when they heard the entire defense fairytale.

So now? They are extremely torn. They do not want to see their only daughter put to death and that is a fact for certain. They do not want to HELP her be put to death. Regardless of what she has done to them and to Caylee, she is still their daughter... What parent (besides Casey Anthony) would NOT do anything in their power to save their own child's life? I know I would.

So now Cindy and George are walking a tightrope with no net to catch either them or their daughter. It is a high-wire dance where the consequences if they should falter is the death of their daughter. It is a horrible predicament, and although I have NEVER defended Cindy and George, and have been on their case from the beginning, I am now willing to concede that they actually and in reality WERE in denial this entire time, total, complete, bordering on insanity denial and NOW? They are coming out of it and it is a VERY bad time to be waking up NOW...

For the first time ever I think, I feel a huge amount of empathy for these people. Regardless of their ethics, their morals, their value judgements, their greed, their lies, their muddying the waters for the sake of their own sanity perhaps and or for the sake of their daughter, they have lost something more precious than diamonds or gold and they are only just coming to terms with it all these years later. That is frightening to say the least.

And I am prepared to be sympathetic to them...for the first time ever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back