2011.05.28 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, please, can somebody tell me where I can watch pt. 7, today's last testimony from Cindy. I can't get past pt.6 on WFTV. PLEASE:(((((((

Agree with ya, except I didn't cry for CA nor extend sympathy. Linda and Littman prepared her very well, although CA brought out some of her old self a few times. She slipped up a few times but because the jury knows nothing of her vindictive, hateful lies and actions she has told and done in the past three years, the jury wil see only how she testified as a broken grandmother.
Yes, and this is good for the prosecution.

Please, please, can somebody tell me where I can watch pt. 7, today's last testimony from Cindy. I can't get past pt.6 on WFTV. PLEASE:(((((((

HLN news at this very minute is replaying today. If i can find anything else other than WFTV I will post it.

I agree, but I believe Baez violated the court order to SEAL those psychologist's reports, and provided them to, or told Lippman about them, 6 weeks ago. I do not believe the Prosecutors would give Lippman info from SEALED documents.
I believe Baez gave Lippman the info as advance notice of what he was planning to say about the accidental drowning, and what the Inmate told the defense psychologists about the alleged sexual abuse, so it would not be a surprise to George and Cindy and Lee at trial, and they would cooperate with the defense strategy to help their daughter/sister not get convicted and/or not get the death penalty.
Baez blew it by adding much more grotesque detail to the sexual abuse claims and George and Cindy realized that something is wrong with their daughter if she could permit her lawyer to make those claims in opening statements.

ThinkTank, didn't Lippman say on one of the blips that I was watching that the SA shared the reports with the Anthony's. We need to remember that the SA also interviewed them, and then I believe it was JA that requested they be stopped because they were touching on areas not allowed in the guilt phase.

So the SA would also have a great deal of information on their own to share with the Anthony's I would think.

I'm listening to the testimony of CA telling LDB about Zani's alleged car accident. Casey gave such detail about people and happenings that it was hard to believe she was lying.

Nope. We sure speculated that that was indeed what had happened. Seems like Occam's Razor strikes again -

Editing this in light of some corrections down thread - Cindy indicated that monday was a bad day for her to try to watch Caylee since she had staff mtgs, etc. She took the call from ICA who told her that they were "crashing at Zannies." These were independent of each other and not necessarily cause and effect (though I think ICAs knowledge of CAs schedule might well make the case for that...)

I just listened to it again. CA didn't specifically say she told KC no but she talked all around it. KC left her messages during the day. Then "We had a brief conversation around 4ish that lasted a few seconds" Then LDB asked if KC told CA of her plans. CA looks down for a minute then she starts talking about Monday afternoon staff meeting and it could potentially be a late night at work. (CA is looking down often, looks uncomfortable and fumbling with her words) Why would KC continue to call CA if she already knew CA would not babysit? Why was their conversation so brief unless CA said no and KC hung up on her? It would have taken more than a couple of seconds for KC to say everything CA said she did.

I kind of half way agree with you, but think of it this way - the jury NEEDS to see Cindy that way to be more angry with Casey and assign more guilt to her. And honestly, the SA is brilliant with their questioning. If anyone has to bring up anything ugly, it will have to be the defense. And with the foundation the SA is laying, it's not going to be believable at all if the defense is the only one bringing it up. It gives more credence to the SA. They are not going dirt digging here, they are going with facts and evidence. The defense is going to come off as shady, whiny, aggressive, dirt diggers with nothing but gossip and lies to defend Casey with. Absolutely brilliance on the SA's part!

So anyway, I'm okay with Cindy looking like a broken grandmother. She actually is one, though I do think she's still caught up in appearances. Honestly, all the venom and bile from her and GA do not go towards what this trial is about - the death of Caylee and who killed her. That is the most important thing. As much I still am leery of them, there's just no need to bring anymore ugliness into that courtroom. The important thing is to focus on Casey and who she really is and what she really did to a defenseless, precious child. That is enough for me. And I never thought I would say that, but it's true.
well, I disagree a little. When Baez laid this case out, and all the lies were exposed by all who testified, I think Cindy and George decided to simply tell the truth and let the chips fall. I have no doubt they adored Caylee.

I just joined a forum for the deaf. I am hoping to make some friends to help us with the lip reading. :)

Agree with ya, except I didn't cry for CA nor extend sympathy. Linda and Littman prepared her very well, although CA brought out some of her old self a few times. She slipped up a few times but because the jury knows nothing of her vindictive, hateful lies and actions she has told and done in the past three years, the jury wil see only how she testified as a broken grandmother.

Oh I don't think you will be disappointed countzero - I feel confident Baez and Mason will bring them all up during the Defense.

It won't do them any good of course, because LDB has already shown how both parents were caught in a web of deceit that ICA spun and they believed her to be innocent, but I think he'll give it the "old college" try.

Baez has been outsmarted and outplayed. Justice for Caylee.

ThinkTank, didn't Lippman say on one of the blips that I was watching that the SA shared the reports with the Anthony's. We need to remember that the SA also interviewed them, and then I believe it was JA that requested they be stopped because they were touching on areas not allowed in the guilt phase.

So the SA would also have a great deal of information on their own to share with the Anthony's I would think.

I heard the same thing. I think when he was on NG. I think the SA convinced GA and CA of what was coming.

so.....Cindy will finish testifying Tues, she didn't get the July 15th when she call 911, right????

I was just re-listening to Cindy's testimony, and when she describes the photo of Caylee's bed she mentions the pillow and pillow case are missing. Is this significant?

I just listened to it again. CA didn't specifically say she told KC no but she talked all around it. KC left her messages during the day. Then "We had a brief conversation around 4ish that lasted a few seconds" Then LDB asked if KC told CA of her plans. CA looks down for a minute then she starts talking about Monday afternoon staff meeting and it could potentially be a late night at work. (CA is looking down often, looks uncomfortable and fumbling with her words) Why would KC continue to call CA if she already knew CA would not babysit? Why was their conversation so brief unless CA said no and KC hung up on her? It would have taken more than a couple of seconds for KC to say everything CA said she did.

I think it is probably very hard for CA to acknowledge how hard it is for her to be asked about ICA's lies and how she was so taken in by them and still maintain her composure.. Enormous sense of betrayal and added humiliation for CA as it is laid out in court step by step. We're talking about a life time of lies - she has only been learning the truth for six weeks. It must be overwhelming for CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46