2011.06.01 SIDEBAR THREAD Trial Day Seven

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening and watching today's trial right now and I gotta say, her "Juliette Lewis" friend I believe was made up and a play off of Julia Louis (Dreyfus) since she seems to like Seinfeld so much (based on her jail letters).

It's also amazing how much detail she has/gives on all these people/places/etc. I would have slipped up LONG ago! Don't know how she does it. How does she keep track? Mind boggling!

Where are you listening/watching today's trial. I am looking for it. Did Baez cross LA?

Thnx!

This has always had me a little puzzled. When there is a tragedy of this magnitude, especially the loss of a child, you usually see lots of family, friends, coworkers, neighbours, and even acquaintenances come out in droves -- rally around the grieving family -- speak about the goodness of the family and I haven't seen this in three years.

Just wondering who GA and CA associated with as a couple and if they exist, why they haven't spoken out to the character of GA and CA.

Florida and Ohio?

IMO

Not to belabor a point, but let me see if I have this right:

ICA is handcuffed because an officer believes he/she is investigating a report of a stolen vehicle (which was never actually stolen, by the way). Yet no officer bothered to check out the vehicle in question?

And I'm the only bothered by this?

Okay.

Honestly, I'm not sure they knew what the crime was or what she should be arrested for. That night was super confusing for them. This wasn't a straight story with one straight crime. I am giving them a break on this. She wasn't in cuffs that long, and she obviously didn't feel intimidated or like she was in custody for one moment. I'm not worrying about it, and it was shot down in a previous hearing anyway.

This has always had me a little puzzled. When there is a tragedy of this magnitude, especially the loss of a child, you usually see lots of family, friends, coworkers, neighbours, and even acquaintenances come out in droves -- rally around the grieving family -- speak about the goodness of the family and I haven't seen this in three years.

Just wondering who GA and CA associated with as a couple and if they exist, why they haven't spoken out to the character of GA and CA.

Florida and Ohio?

IMO

Good point and I've noticed this too. Even at the funeral--well-meaning neighbors but no obvious personal friends as IR.

After being a member here and researching and knowing (hopefully) all we know about this case, it literally scares me about the cases where people get off being convicted of crimes due to their defense team.....scares the who who outta me. Think about how many are walking among us.

I will never forget when ICA was out of jail and those daily "visits" to her lawyers office to work on her case...give me a break puleeeese.IMO

There is just soooo much to answer if they go with the scenario they have presented...nothing makes sense even to what ICA has done all this time....nobody sits in jail if they think they can get out....give me a break.

ICA is handcuffed because an officer believes he/she is investigating a report of a stolen vehicle (which was never actually stolen, by the way). Yet no officer bothered to check out the vehicle in question?

Okay.

IIRC the officer (who's name escapes me - young guy probationary at the time) cuffed her because CA was insisting that ICA had stolen the car... Help me magic mirror! help me today! friends help me find the vid that will show me all those folks who were there that day!" Erm sorry, but really, if any one has the link handy to the agents of the state hearing, a little help here....(I'll go look for it...)

Okay.

It's a very valid point...I just would like to know at what point it turned into the missing child thing. I mean, it did turn into that by the 3rd 911 call, because up until then noone had even responded to the house, so it's like it escalated into something else, so by the time LE arrived it was the fact that a child was missing (31 days or not, when a child is missing I'd imagine people spring into action pretty quickly) rather than the stolen/non-stolen auto that the family was frantic about (well mostly CA) and LE was focused on? I'm just offering some possible ideas here.

It's too bad Dr Drew is such a <modsnip> at this point, he could do a lot of good, but commenting on this case that he knows nothing about doesn't help his credibility in my book. Stidk to what you know.

I don't watch television much on a regular basis, but have started watching CNN Headline News because of this trial. I left the tv on after Nancy Grace one night this past week, and that's the first time I saw Dr. Drew, so I don't know too much about him. But, I did like his concept tonight, having a spectator at the trial today on, as it gives viewers the perspective of an average person with an interest in the case. I also like the idea of having a former juror in the Scott Peterson trial who's watching the trial with the perspective of a juror.

Where are you listening/watching today's trial. I am looking for it. Did Baez cross LA?

Thnx!

Yes-- do tell!! I had a meeting today that lasted the whole Yuri testimony:banghead:

Found it thank you.

Thnx!

I think you hit the nail on the head! IMO, KC picks names of characters she has seen portrayed on shows so they become easier to remember.

I think Zanny the Nanny was from an episode of One Tree Hill.

When I heard that KC said the name of Juliette's daughter was Annabelle Lee, it brought back a scene from Play Misty For Me, as the poem by Edgar Allen Poe called Annabelle was in that movie.

The poem Annabelle Lee as it relates to this case, is chilling.

IMOO

Florida and Ohio?

IMO

Well, a couple of them have. Cindy's brother told her in a series of emails and web postings told CA that she was completely nuts. Cindy's mother in a series of emails and statements to police has said that ICA stole from her and that ICA had pulled more than one set of wool over her eyes.

Yes-- do tell!! I had a meeting today that lasted the whole Yuri testimony:banghead:

I know! Somebody had the nerve to call me while I was listening to Yuri! I was like, "Ok you can shut up now I have a trial to listen to..."

:floorlaugh:

Well, a couple of them have. Cindy's brother told her in a series of emails and web postings told CA that she was completely nuts. Cindy's mother in a series of emails and statements to police has said that ICA stole from her and that ICA had pulled more than one set of wool over her eyes.

I love Shirley. She has common sense. She said something like I love KC but I don't like her.

KC's "babysitter" let a few things out of the bag with her purr-questioning today. Supposedly, someone other than KC packed her bags (well they are definitely setting up TL on that one), someone else "blue-screened" the computer (oh-who-could-they-be-implying?) and someone super-cleaned the car (could it have been detailer GA)? Just adding my two cents into what the DA might be trying to create doubt about.

moo

ETA - Unfortunately, the Anthony parents and sibling did all kinds of incredible things both before and after Caylee died, and without question, these will come out one way or another. Again, this is moo.

TL has been cooperative with LE since MINUTE 1. If he packed the bag, why not just admit he packed the bag? Has ICA ever claimed she didn't have the bag packed herself? Remember RM stated she didn't even leave a bag at his place - the quicker to cut and run.

I think with all her Suzy Homemaker skills; cooking, cleaning and doing laundry, she was just being a good gf by not cluttering up the apt with her belongings - also one of the roommates said she had been doing laundry that day.

Just because LA knows his sister is a slob, doesn't mean she was a slob at TL's place.

I'm just curious - why would Lee, who knew so little on 7/15 muck up his mom's laptop? They were trying to find an alive Caylee that night, they thought ICA was being a "spiteful b!tch" - keeping Caylee from CA - not covering up a murder - even late on 7/16 (call home) LA was not in ICA's corner.

I agree the A's past behavior brings all scrutiny down on themselves - I just wish they would come clean 100% clean. Set an example of admitting their mistakes. Unlike JB, I do not view their actions in the first 24 hours as being underhanded. I see them moving through a world turned upside-down, trying to navigate through unknown waters. Sadly, not long after 7/16 they realized ICA was in deep doo-doo and the coverup began.

Anyone else feel LA's testimony was like pulling teeth without novocaine - slow and painful?

This is weird. Not sure if it was already pointed out, but in searching for an upload of the NG that aired tonight, I came across this video from today in court when Yuri was on the stand --- it's a camera zoomed in right on ICA's face alone (no witness stand).

When they were playing the tape of the interview between ICA and Yuri this afternoon and they got to the part where Yuri said, "Did you harm your child in any way?" - Yuri looked up from the transcript and looked directly over at KC.

Just now I noticed that at that same moment, though she had been glued to the transcripts without pause up until this time, just as the tape played "Did you harm your child..." - ICA's eyes rose and looked (I think) at Yuri. Or the jury. Eerie. The look was eerie too. It was seriously cold, slow and calculating. She held the glance for a few seconds and then made a comment to ?Baez? without turning her head. Sooo weird.

It's about 1:48 on this vid: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVeaP9Fa3z0"]YouTube - &#x202a;Casey Anthony Trial: Lies Caught on Tape [ABC: 6-01-2011]&#x202c;&rlm;[/ame]

Anyone else notice that every time they go to Sidebar JB turns where he is not directly facing the SA's, nor HJBP but turns more towards the Jury and is always smiling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdw250