2011.06.02 Sidebar Day Eight (incl Universal audio discussion)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really believe that the defense would have been better off to try an insanity defense rather than this...this drivel.

I think the insanity is on the part of the defense lawyers! Honestly, I cannot get over JB's hypothetical of an imaginary Zanny sitting on the chair yuri almost sat in!!:floorlaugh:

Oh My Goodness..I was just signing off and saw this "New Expert Witness" some sort of grief councillor and GA's medical records....

Mark My words..There is absolutely no way this witness can or should testify..and I'd bet my bottom dollar this witness dealt with GA after his episode of "Attempted Suicide" ( motel room with beer etc..) and I will BET he said things like " I blame myself" or "Its my fault"..and things like that..as Its very common when in grief one blames themselves or believes they should have done more or they made mistakes...BUT somehow..This DT is going to try and SPIN IT to infer that "SEE!! HE KNOWS HE IS RESPONSIBLE".

SHE (Expert) cannot testify to KC's mental state....No Way Jose!!!

MARK my words:maddening:..so sayith me June 2nd, 2011...I will be glued to this hearing coming Saturday!!!!!
I think you just might be right about this!!! Brilliant!!!

The defense has no evidence presented that in fact Caylee was dead during these 31 day and that is why she acted that way, plus the sexual abuse.
They better put their client on the stand, before trying to have an expert as to the way Casey acted, nothing has been presented that Caylee was dead, just missing.

I really believe that the defense would have been better off to try an insanity defense rather than this...this drivel.

She's not insane. Initial psych eval proved that, so did a couple of experts for the DT that they nixed. No insanity defense. They are trying in a "backwards sort of way" to say something is wrong with her mind, but she is not insane. That is not going to fly either, once the jurors digest all this balogna. And, they have 2 months to do so, all by themselves no less.

I did not think they can reveal anyones medical records...never!

I obviously missed a bombshell :innocent: this afternoon.
I think the Jurors that I listened to had common sense. Enough common sense that no matter what kind of hifalutin' experts the Defense drags in to say she was grieving in an alternate manner- no one will believe it.
What caused the years of lies and aberrant behavior all the years before Caylee died? Oh, right, that was GA's fault!

Any way that this might be a possibility for wanting to admit GA's medical records....

It would be very bad for ICA to take the stand- but how else can the sexual abuse allegations/incest theory come out? And that's a key element of the DT.

If GA has or had ever been treated for an STD (and coincidently, if ICA has or had ever been treated for that same illness), DT could link those two events together and say- there's your proof. Where do you think she got it from?

And ICA wouldn't have to say a word.

Very cogent and reasoned Rail - but wouldn't they have to provide ICA's med records? And speaking of that - why aren't they? Obviously there may be signs of sexual abuse noted or that cranium thing they've been insinuating. Why aren't ICAs med records in evidence?

Well what an afternoon of video watching fellow WS'ers..
If Baez and Casey believe that there will an acquittal after watching and hearing Casey and her family on those videos...they are both in a fantasy world.:twocents:

An in keeping with the daily routine Baez asks for a Mistrial..WHY? because Lee was saying disparaging remarks about him, OH MY!!!..I thought the man was about to cry..his voice cracked...Baez had 2-2.5 YEARS to get portions of these tapes redacted and he did not...was it an oversight or was it left on purpose so he could request a mistrial in court..
IMO...one thing is for certain...Baez is looking for ANYTHING that will cause a mistrial...

DH has no doubt now, after listening to Casey on those audio and video tapes that she is indeed GUILTY.

Maybe I've got the wrong impression, but did anyone else think it sounded like the defense team just randomly searched for someone who could testify about grief on the internet? That's what it seemed like to me. When did they find her? Did they do this while the tapes were playing? Did they hear those tapes again and think "well...I guess we'd better try to get someone to explain her behavior?" That's what it seems like to me.

I wonder if she might have contacted them. She is a paid public speaker. I imagine her fees will inflate if she is involved with a high profile trial.

Only "ugly coping" ICA is doing now is caused from her fruschtrations of not being believed.

And if one sentence characterizes her speeches, it is her slogan "life is not a dress rehearsal"[/I]--OMG she is brilliant! Never heard that one before. :rolleyes:

I need to step away--AFTER I see the tantrum video played for the jury.

You are kidding, right? I have heard this saying my adult entire life - first written in 1989 by Rose Tremain in a British newspaper.

I really think that ICA lies as much to her defense team as she has to everyone else. We'll probably hear all about it someday.

But JB has been around ICA for 34 months. If he has not figured out a better way to defend her until he was in trial then she does have grounds for inadequate council if/when convicted.

This is not lawyer prep trial. This is real and as much as I believe ICA committed cold blooded murder to Caylee I want her to have an adequate defense and get either LWOP or the DP. JB's defense is so bad and to stand up in Court and make the declarations that he did this afternoon it will shock me if another judge or several judges don't approach JP and ask him to consider a mistrial on this basis.

In fact it seems that the State Attorney may have to cross this bridge.:twocents:

Yes, the 2nd mistrial declaration.

Everyone heard my client and her family (that she is afraid of and abused by) call me a jockey. :floorlaugh:

Sorry JB, but everyone calls their attorneys names, even the good attorneys. Have a nice trial. :)

I see you scratching your head over whether or not GA gave his permission or not for Baez to have access to his records......Well, all I can is if GA did give permission, a huge light bulb should turn on over that little bit of collusion information.

As i see it if he did not give his permission then they cant use them.

O/T
Public Service Announcement
2011 Hurricane Season Names include

Cindy
Jose
Lee
Maria
Nate
Sean

Originally Posted by newsjunkie
I don't know how to quote a message from another thread to bring it here, so I copy and pasted what I thought was a good question:

Old Today, 04:40 PM

Ok... so IF they can bring in this witness... who can talk about how people act
when dealing with grief... and as the Judge said... grief does "not usually set in
until a body has been found"... would this then allow the tape of her reaction
when Caylee had been found?

Excellent point! I often think that CJBP sends the DT little hints in these supposedly offhand comments he makes. This may well have been one of them!

Ooooh then I say let that lady take the stand! JB would be doing this --->:panic:

:thud:

those videos were 4 more hours of ICA than I ever wanted to see again :| and JB I seriously wonder how he passed the bar exam.

:eek:fftobed: tomorrow when we get to see the "you had chilli without me" video again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela