2011.06.02 Sidebar Day Eight (incl Universal audio discussion)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. That was getting old, so I changed it.

The quote marks are a perfect touch!

Glad to see you survived the bathroom incident at the sidebar today.

Gitana to answer your question

Quote: " Ever see grief expressed in a manner similar to casey in your career?"

NO. I have seen some very strange things. But never this theory of Baez.

Drinking yes certainly, drugs yes but this is smoke and mirrors IMO. Baez just hopes that he can get one juror hooked.

And I don't believe that this person they want to testify having not examined either George or Casey has any direct knowledge about what either was feeling at the time.

I'm not worried about this potential new witness. She is not a certified expert in grief. She won't make it in IMO. She accepts money for speaking engagements. The State would find a way to put all kinds of doubt in her credibility.

and how.. not that it will even get to her.. how would dr. sally (she isnt a dr and isnt even certified), how would she.. if FAR REACH here... allowed... how would she explain away the pole dancing?? grief?? my @!!

Devil's Advocate,
Wouldn't that swing both ways...that the jury doesn't know as much as we do?? They wouldn't have seen or heard the "bad acts" and self-serving interviews of George and Cindy. They probably haven't focused on the "unusual" behavior of the DT before the cameras. Wouldn't the jury be just a strongly positioned to believe that ICA acted and lied without rage, excuse or any other mitigating circumstances?

And...may I have my brownie points for using valuable quotes??

About the state getting GA medical records. Do you all remember the hearing about the DT trying to say the A's were agents of the state. I believe the same hearing where JB asked GA if he would do anything for his daughter? Do you also remember sometime during or after the hearing GA was asked by JB to sign an afidavite and GA said he would do it right away. Could he have signed an afidavite giving permission to release those records to JB?? I believe this would have been sometime in March, before the DT started hurling their accusations about the pool drowning and coverup.

this lady will never get in.. she has NO credentials at all as grief counselor or anytihng
she has nothihg... she is just a nurse who gives lectures and talks...no expert.. no dr. no licenses or credentials for grief at all..wil never get her in...

I was just getting ready to ask what qualifies her as an expert. I guess NOTHING does. Seriously doubt that she will get apppproved.

Funny you should say that cuz I sincerely wonder if this is the first time anyone on the DT has actually taken the time to view these jail house video's with a keen eye. I know they are working pro bono but if "Death is different" wouldn't they have taken this more seriously before now? It's a little late in the game to go for a mental defense. Unless, of course, Ms Casey has adamantly denied there is anything wrong. In which case, more rich irony.

Baez was paid about 250,000:waitasec:.He should have spent his time wisely looking at all these videos,instead he:loser: went on tv shows an boating with geraldo:innocent:

and how.. not that it will even get to her.. how would dr. sally (she isnt a dr and isnt even certified), how would she.. if FAR REACH here... allowed... how would she explain away the pole dancing?? grief?? my @!!

I think the DT introducing a comedy act into this trial has got to be a, world record first ever, or something.

Did anyone hear from the jailhouse visits if KC was had to go talk to a psychologist every day at jail or if she was just asked if she would like to go?

She told Cindy that she got to talk to one everyday and that's who she was talking to when they got there. Cindy asked her if she could open up to her and ICA said no because she doesn't know her. She cannot speak openly with strangers. Paraphrased.

About the state getting GA medical records. Do you all remember the hearing about the DT trying to say the A's were agents of the state. I believe the same hearing where JB asked GA if he would do anything for his daughter? Do you also remember sometime during or after the hearing GA was asked by JB to sign an afidavite and GA said hey would do it right away. Could he have signed an afidavite giving permission to release those records to JB?? I believe this would have been sometime in March, before the DT started hurling their accusations about the pool drowning and coverup.

He could have Ricki, I don't know. I know that Hippa does not apply in a criminal case. However, that is usually for the defendant's records, or any caretaker of the defendant, that has a known problematic background, usually psychological problems, that is well recorded and needed during mitigation. The records would still have to be subpoenaed via Court Order, not just filling out a subpoena form or written letter for GA's records. KC's could be just written letter with her signing a release and/or obviously a subpoena would be Ordered if she refused or the Doctors so demanded.

I don't see either of those issues for GA's records, so we are all sitting and spinning on this one.

I didn't expect the jailhouse tapes to come in. They definately emphasize all of KC's lies. They help reinforce the states case on the four counts of lying to the police, but I don't see how they help the states case as far as proving premeditated murder. In fact, it seems the more the state proves her lies, this helps the defense's stand that she has been lying for years to hide the sexual abuse and is very good at lying.

The state should be scoring big points every day with the jury because they are, after all, presenting the states side of the story. When I went to my little brothers little league baseball game years ago, it was the top of the first inning and the score was 23 to 0. I said to my little brother, aren't you upset that you are behind 23 to 0, he laughed and said NO, we haven't got up to bat yet. I know this isn't little league, but I do think the prosecution needs a substantial lead in this case while presenting their side. The DT will score some points when they present their side, so the state needs a big lead.

Remember, the jury doesn't know everything about this case, like many of the posters here do. However, even the posters here do not know what the defense is going to present when its their turn to bat. Opening statements should have been an eye opener. The defense will do anything and everything HHJP will legally allow them to do to try to raise reasonable doubt. Expect ANYTHING from them.

JB is trying to raise doubt about the bad odor in the trunk being human decomposition, while on cross with YM. He said a number of LE paraded in and out of the garage with the trunk in the car open, yet it wasn't until the afternoon of July 17th, that the car was secured. I think this is smart of JB to make the jury think about the lack of actions taken by all those who had the opportunity to smell the odor in the trunk.

The prosecution had a very good day today. Seeing and hearing KC tell all those lies has more impact than people telling the jury that KC lies. The prosecution just has to make sure the jury understands that she was lying to cover up premeditated murder, not lying to cover up an accidental drowning, or sexual abuse from her father.

JA didn't need to be a tad bit snarky with JB today, but at least he did so while the jury was out. I like JA, but he does tend to be a little more snarky to JB than he needs to be. JB does some things that are susceptible to improvement, but JA should be a professional about it, and let HHJP do the admonishing, because HHJP is much better at it.

I really disagree. The state scored big with these jail visit tapes, which, BTW, the defense was so afraid of that they filed motions prior to trial to keep out and then moved again for a mistrial after they were played. The defense's reaction to them gives you a hint as to their impact.

The tapes showed casey praising her brother and father, refuting molestation claims. They showed she controlled the family and that they tip toe around her, not the other way around. They show she wasn't much troubled by the death of her baby. They also show that knowing her child was dead, she cruelly sent her frightened and suffering family on the wildest of goose chases. That lets the jury know a lot about casey and what they learned was very favorable to the state.

Further, they show that GA, who was accused by her of hiding the body and knowing of the accident, implored her to speak privately to the police and tell them what she knows, refuting that DT theory as well.

In any event, I simply cannot think of any victim of molestation who would fail to grieve the death of their child and would lie about an accident when facing first degree murder charges, which is what these tapes show

Finally, I have yet to see an attorney as rude, sneering, arrogant, demeaning and condescending as JB, in my entire career. On the other hand, JA has controlled himself fairly well. JB continually breaks the rules of court and evidence with sneaky parlour tricks and he, knowing his client is a liar who sent her frightened and grief-stricken family on fruitless and cruel goose chases, fabricated a disgusting theory that acts to stick the knife even further in this poor family's heart, twisting it in one of the most unethical ploys I have ever seen merely to score a win. JA has every reason to feel resentment.

She told Cindy that she got to talk to one everyday and that's who she was talking to when they got there. Cindy asked her if she could open up to her and ICA said no because she doesn't know her. She cannot speak openly with strangers. Paraphrased.

But KC was not forced to go to a pysch...was she?

Finally, I have yet to see an attorney as rude, sneering, arrogant, demeaning and condescending as JB, in my entire career. On the other hand, JA has controlled himself fairly well. JB continually breaks the rules of court and evidence with sneaky parlour tricks and he, knowing his client is a liar who sent her frightened and grief-stricken family on fruitless and cruel goose chases, fabricated a disgusting theory that acts to stick the knife even further in this poor family's heart, twisting it in one of the most unethical ploys I have ever seen merely to score a win. JA has every reason to feel resentment.

respectfully snipped

Sadly, I have seen a few exactly like JB. :(

I have also seen some of the best, highly respected and rightfully so. They honor their careers and would never behave as JB does, in any of the many ways wrong there.

Devil's Advocate,
Wouldn't that swing both ways...that the jury doesn't know as much as we do?? They wouldn't have seen or heard the "bad acts" and self-serving interviews of George and Cindy. They probably haven't focused on the "unusual" behavior of the DT before the cameras. Wouldn't the jury be just a strongly positioned to believe that ICA acted and lied without rage, excuse or any other mitigating circumstances?

And...may I have my brownie points for using valuable quotes??

Consider your "Brownie Points" "awarded".

I think the jury not knowing as much as we do could swing both ways yes.
I think GA and CA wil be recalled, and I think we will still see some of their self-serving persona's, although I could be wrong, maybe they have had a change of heart.
When Marcia Clark was asked how this DT compared to OJ's DT she had an uncontrollable fit of laughter. Her reaction was funny, so perhaps this DT is unusual.
I think JB got that first big punch in when he gave the compelling reason for KC not reporting the drowning. So I think so far at least, that the jury is keeping that in mind.
As always my entire post is my opinion only.

Thanks all for welcoming a lurker who finally decided to participate!!!

God Bless CMA......Caylee Marie Anthony

At this point, if I was on the jury, I would have no problem sentencing Casey to Death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme