2011.06.03 SIDEBAR THREAD (Trial Day Nine)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man. Selfish spoiled liar Casey all morning. And now we're starting to move into Forensics. I almost lost it when the detective said she found the mama doll in the car or something like that. I am going to need a whole case of wine before this day is over.

That last jail video with her parents really shows that she is a spiteful betch (Casey's words, not mine).

IMHO

"I need to be looked at as a victim, because I am just as much a victim as the rest of you. I know that.... but it hasn't been portrayed that way."

I hope the jury picked up on this part of her little speech.

OK... Why is it that everyone thinks CM has such a terrific reputation as an attorney? This is a serious question. I'll admit, I haven't researched his bio or record much. Is this reputation based on his number of years practicing law? Just because someone has been around a long time doesn't necessarily make them a good lawyer, IMO. I'm asking because I just don't see it. All I see is him relying on his good ole country boy routine in an effort to charm and schmooze everyone, including the Judge. And his style of cross examination is deplorable. What am I missing about his supposed illustrious reputation? :waitasec:

BS from WFTV was just saying that ICA's phyical appearance has changed while she was watching all these tapes. Filled with hatred, contempt. She has a different look for sure. Evil.

That;s nearly word for word what Jean C and Nancy Grace said last night on Nancy Grace's Entertainment Show - their observations may be valid, or they could be parroting or promoting those points

Mike on InSession tv said the CA was bent over crying today in the court room again as the video(s) played ... a total emotional wreck, as we saw when she was on the stand.

In the jailhouse video when KC said I know Kaylee will come home soon and I feel it, it sounded so convincing that even KC herself in the courtroom got emotional. :)

His Honor said this morning that the 8:30 Saturday hearing was cancelled. Does anyone know what that hearing was supposed to be about?

I don't know if this has been answered but this forum moves so fast I will ask here. I heard a brief comment by HHJP about a motion being canceled for tomorrow morning? Was that the one to bring in the Celebrity Grief Counselor?

Several people noted the demeanor of the DT on cross and here are my thoughts about that...It almost seems as if they are trying to feign righteous indignation against all of the evil people that conspired to let ICA take the fall for this terrible accident. I'm thinking they are hoping that they will whip up that same feeling in the jury. It won't work, but I think that is what they are trying to accomplish...

jharres :tyou: :yes:

That is what I was wanted to express, exactly what I feel this is for also. Same with Jose in the opening statements when he said George said, "your mother will never forgive you for this."

Talking heads on InSession says this is a "very bad day for the defense" because of these jailhouse tapes. I agree.

The jury deserves a nice lunch, and time to reflect on these videos. Now, the State just needs to soldier on and present the evidence to show the evidence collected from the car, and the details found when Caylee's remains were recovered.

BS from WFTV was just saying that ICA's phyical appearance has changed while she was watching all these tapes. Filled with hatred, contempt. She has a different look for sure. Evil.

I agree, and I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile, but I've been afraid it would be considered snarky, which is NOT my intent in asking the question:

Her mouth appears to have changed shape. I don't mean this in a snarky way at all, but what is going on with her mouth? Has she had some sort of dental surgery or something? If you look at pics taken a few years ago, you can see a big change in the way her mouth looks. Her entire lip, jaw and mouth area seem like they're protruding more than they did in the past. Does anyone know if she's doing this on purpose, or if she had some sort of surgery?

I truly don't mean anything petty when I ask the question. It's just something I've observed and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing. I couldn't help but notice a physical change in this part of her face.

His Honor said this morning that the 8:30 Saturday hearing was cancelled. Does anyone know what that hearing was supposed to be about?

It was for untimely discovery - George's medical records, maybe the defense withdrew them

OK... Why is it that everyone thinks CM has such a terrific reputation as an attorney? This is a serious question. I'll admit, I haven't researched his bio or record much. Is this reputation based on his number of years practicing law? Just because someone has been around a long time doesn't necessarily make them a good lawyer, IMO. I'm asking because I just don't see it. All I see is him relying on his good ole country boy routine in an effort to charm and schmooze everyone, including the Judge. And his style of cross examination is deplorable. What am I missing about his supposed illustrious reputation? :waitasec:

I think his reputation preceded him, but it is not following him now. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member