2011.06.03 SIDEBAR THREAD (Trial Day Nine)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what did I miss this morning? I saw the last few minutes of the last tape and the officer who picked up the computer and sealed the car (okaaaay, CM, whatever!). How did it go and how did the jury react to key portions of the videos. Like when she gets pissed about everyone eating chili.

I wonder if it would be considered tampering if we all pitched together and got yummy lunches and snackies for the jury. LOL!!!!!

I'm sorry, but it's beyond me on how some of these LE didn't smell the decomp in the car, and how all of the people who DID claim to smell it, and recognize it, seemed to just push it aside for a while...

I'm sure many of you disagree with me, so I would like to hear your take on this for some reassurance. I need it.

Well time-wise - the people who smelled in on the tow lot reported the strongest smell. Cindy aired the car out, sprayed, etc - which wouldn't get rid of the scent, but might keep it contained when the doors and trunk were closed.

I think it is pretty much what Mr Hornsby says, Mason is past his prime he just isn't up to doing this anymore and especially not on this sort of case and with so much discovery that he obviously doesn't know it back to front.

bbm
From what we have witnessed from him in the courtroom..I agree.
Mr Mason's tone, when questioning witnesses, does not work for me...and I suspect it does not go over well with the jurors either....

BBM
She said she doesn't remember if the car smelled or not. She was just part of the chain of command, not one of the CSIs. She was only responsible for getting the car from the house to LE garage.

I would think if she smelled it, she would not forget..JMO

I am having trouble with this as well...
They know they have a missing person...the smell from the car is the elephant in the room...

BBM

The last witness did not know the specifics. She was only to see that the car got from the house to LE.

fla*mom :yes:

Thank you for posting that. I needed confirmation for what I am seeing. I feel that Casey's physical appearance changes dramatically everyday and now I can see it change as she watches these tapes.

I am in no way speaking of her hair, clothes, any such thing. I am speaking of Casey's actual physical appearance: what she appears to look like as in how we recognize a person as being "that person."

The hatred, the contempt, the twisted belief she has that she is also a victim in all of this when nothing could be further from the truth. I think we are all getting a big lesson in what a sociopath is like. :sick:

:twocents:

The reports on television can not get over these tapes! It is funny but in the last 48 hours the talking heads have begun to sound like Websleuthers from the last three years. They have finally caught up with all of you who have been following this from the beginning-and that includes the jury. :innocent:

Casey: caught in lies. These are the head lines. That is is like Casey is torturing her family. How can this woman not just lie but fabricate a such lies. They say these are not "imaginations" as the defense suggests, they are FABRICATIONS. Lies. It is always about Casey and never about Caylee. I think they get it now, and as I said so will the jury.

:cow:

I bet the only reporter that sat through all those tapes was Kathy.

I think CM is mad because he is not having fun like he stated when he came on board

This officer who sealed the car does not remember a smell from the car either???

DT is going to say in some way they are suspect that LE later introduced the smell in the car by planting decomp....YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!!!

No, she said "I don't remember if I did or didn't" that doesn't in any way mean she didn't smell it at the time. The DT needs to drop the LE conspired against KC, they don't just walk around with bottles of human decomp in their pockets ready to falsify evidence on a whim.

Well Casey KNEW about an odor a smell in the car, it was decomp. and she didn't notify anyone..not even her superiors...oh wait..she's the Boss the CEO..

She told Amy about that dead "squirrel" on her car:waitasec:

I agree, and I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile, but I've been afraid it would be considered snarky, which is NOT my intent in asking the question:

Her mouth appears to have changed shape. I don't mean this in a snarky way at all, but what is going on with her mouth? Has she had some sort of dental surgery or something? If you look at pics taken a few years ago, you can see a big change in the way her mouth looks. Her entire lip, jaw and mouth area seem like they're protruding more than they did in the past. Does anyone know if she's doing this on purpose, or if she had some sort of surgery?

I truly don't mean anything petty when I ask the question. It's just something I've observed and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing. I couldn't help but notice a physical change in this part of her face.

marie chantal :yes:
BBM

This is EXACTLY what I have been saying! I also am not speaking of how Casey "looks" it is her physicality that has "morphed"? Changed? And how she holds her jaw or what ever is changing her is apparent to my eyes also.

I think we are seeing how what is on the inside will leak to the outside. Someone(s) said they think Casey is getting geared up for a fit...I agree. If not today, then soon.

Casey is incapable of changing, one bit. I understand that now. :liar:

:cow:

Yes i also thought he was very rude. He was raising his voice as well. No need at all.

I didn't get the chance to comment when Momtective was talking about her son telling his friend that his Mom was watching her "*advertiser censored*" and now it will be all over the neighbourhood. Too funny.

I'm pretty sure my neighbours think I'm having some kind of nervous breakdown or something. Since I work a lot of the time out of a home office - I normally look pretty together and professional during the weeks days - because I never know when I need to go flying out to a meeting.

But for at least the last eight weeks, I have been appearing looking disheveled, hair all over the place, mismatched clothes, no makeup on, jeans or sweats, rubber boots on my feet when it is clear I don't need them, and bags under my eyes, clear to my knees.
They used to say how are you? in a bright cheerful voice. Now I get these kind of pitying little smiles and a head nod...sigh...

How do I explain - this trial.....oh well....

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but looking at the picture just posted of Jose's face from court today I realized something. Jose has got to be worried about more then what the Anthony's are saying about him in these jail videos as far as the jurors are concerned. With this jury there are two options in regards to Ms Anthony and Mr Jose Baez: 1. Is that Jose Baez knew the TRUTH (according to Casey) about what happened to little Caylee and that she was dead from a drowning and that Casey's father was a molester... or... 2. That his client LIED TO HIM as well as everyone else, and I don't see that as something that will bode well with the jury either.

Why would she lie to the ONE PERSON according to Casey that was there for her, looking out for her and protecting her? WHY? The next logical thing would be (in the minds of the jury) if she was lying to him (Jose) as well... at some point she told him this supposed "truth"... and I would imagine they are wondering just when this supposed "truth" was shared with Mr Jose Baez?

When I think of what must be going through these jurors minds, for the very first time, in regards to that- WOW!! It is one or the other- right?

And in MHOO, neither one looks too good, in regards to him and his 'practice' of LAW and the legal system!!!

If he knew the truth for very long and let all the resources and time be wasted in pursuit of a missing persons case- then what must they think of him (along with his client). If, on the other hand, they at some point realize that Jose wasn't told the "truth" from his client until after the body was found (maybe?)and SHE HAD TO TELL HIM SOME OTHER (cockamamie) STORY... then why would that be?

BECAUSE SHE, AND SHE ALONE, WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATH OF HER BABY DAUGHTER!

Right? What other explanation could their be? Help me out here... please!

Sorry that is right. It was the elevator not the van.

So much to remember here.

I never seen the video does anyone have the link?

I don't have a direct link, but I think you can still find it on the news websites like WFTV.com, WESH.com, myfoxorlando.com, etc. I think they have an archive of videos and it should be in there. I can't remember what month it was in, though. I didn't see an archive of videos on WS unless I missed it. If there is one, it would be there too.

Yes, I know, but many didn't and all the DT has to do is plant reasonable doubt in the juror's mind. Why else would CM bring it up???

But, to me, that is not reasonable doubt. Even KC smelled it! More people smelled it than NOT.

I think DT is just grasping at something, anything

on
the
way
down

I'm sorry, but it's beyond me on how some of these LE didn't smell the decomp in the car, and how all of the people who DID claim to smell it, and recognize it, seemed to just push it aside for a while...

I'm sure many of you disagree with me, so I would like to hear your take on this for some reassurance. I need it.

My take on it, but when Simon and George opened the trunk that would have been the first time the car was unsealed since 27 June. George had it airing out for hours then it was moved to the side of the drive and closed up again. So I think if you were in the garage next to the car you could smell it but once it was sealed again and moved you would probably have to get much closer or open the trunk again.

Thank you! It makes perfect sense. I just couldn't understand the reason for that physical change. I can understand weight gain/loss, longer hair, pale skin, etc, but I just couldn't figure out why her mouth looked different. Dental surgery is the only logical reason IMO, but I didn't know why she would have had surgery. Now that I hear about the fall, this makes perfect sense. Thank you again. This has been bugging me.

Just jumping off your post, not posting to you personally. :)

All she had done was get a chipped tooth fixed. I have spent alot of hours recently at my dentist trying to get a new partial denture to fit right without causing ulcers in my mouth, and MY mouth hasn't changed at all! IMO, her whole facial expression is showing who she really is: a cold-blooded, murderer. She is one, now she is just looking like one.

Also, alot of the mouth thing has to do with her jutting out her jaw cuz she is pizzed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela