2011.06.03 SIDEBAR THREAD (Trial Day Nine)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I could have classified her in many ways but human being is probably not on the top of the list.

Besides, she just chipped a tooth. It is not like she broke her arm or leg or her neck (really too bad about that though). Plus, she did get it fixed....not that she is going to need to have a beautiful smile where she is going (prison for life or h3ll....either one works for me).

On Florida taxpayer's dime, I might add. :maddening:

I find an attorney texting media during a trial to be abhorrent...........and I'd much rather spell it abwhorent.

I do too, but I'm not convinced that Baez was texting the media...I think Belich misconstrued Helling's post

Oh yeah, and it scares me half to death. Cause I don't think the state of FL has the $$$$$ to try this again. Wonder what would then happen. Legal eagles?

Yes. Just go to Richardhornsby.com and read his blog about this. Very interesting.

But do you think the appeals court would give any weight to the costs of a retrial? Or the cost of the original trial before overturning a verdict?

I asked my law clerk if an overturn by the appeals court meant that ICA would walk free. She said that an appeal on a trial court "error" does not = not guilty. It would most likely be sent back for retrial. Good Gawd...I can't do this again.

I'm worried about this juror (don't know her #) who said she couldn't "judge" someone. Jean Casaras was saying this juror had not taken notes but wrote something in her notebook when Casey was crying and emotional in one of the jailhouse vids. I think this juror is going to be the holdout.

One of the talking heads just stated that this juror was not wanting to judge people on what OTHER people said, and that she has now seemed to change her demeanor as she is watching ICA speak on the videos.

I find an attorney texting media during a trial to be abhorrent...........and I'd much rather spell it abwhorent.

ITA. Extremely so. His case is going down in flames, and he's talking to media people? About what? Still trying to make a buck or trying to salvage his reputation? Shouldn't he be more worried about that needle practically sticking out of Casey's arm? What an a$$hat.

Kathy Belich is one of the few reporters that has fought for truth in this case. She has been a pitbull with the defense this whole time, the only reporter holding their feet to the fire. I am going to trust her and her judgment, not someone representing a silly, sensational, celebrity magazine.

And great to see you, SOTS! We missed you this morning!

Can I ask again for another live feed link (other than CNN) for the trial? Somehow I've lost miine:( ^i^

Oh yeah, and it scares me half to death. Cause I don't think the state of FL has the $$$$$ to try this again. Wonder what would then happen. Legal eagles?

May I give my opinion?
I watched the trial late last night and the vid where Baez questioned Yuri yesterday leads me to say yes to your question.

Then again, Baez sounded like he was an attny for the state. :D

Cars have seals around doors and the trunk....if all were closed I dont think she would notice an odor unless she OPENED the trunk which she says she didnt. She was just there to put crime scene tape around it and have it towed. The only thing I can think of.
If the seals/gaskets are still in good shape it would keep any odors in.

If I recall correctly. It was just pieces of tape that were a few inches long. Not as in sealed around the entire doors, hood, trunk,etc. She was there to transport the evidence not to investigate the evidence.

If Caylee died from any accident, I cannot imagine how Casey could be out the very same night renting movies with her boyfriend. To me this screams, "no accident" occurred. The duct tape screams to me, "no accident" occurred.

I only see Casey celebrating her new life without Caylee, an intentional act of murder.

Yep and I'm still going with premeditation. I think she really thought that it would be like other missing children cases she's seen on TV. A child goes missing and they search for years, sometimes decades and they are never found. She had no issues with tying up police and FBI resources. Heck , you know she was probably looking forward to all of her TV appearances as the worried mother. She would have LOVED that.

Can I ask again for another live feed link (other than CNN) for the trial? Somehow I've lost miine:( ^i^

If you go to wesh.com and click on casey anthony case and then on live blog...that is where they have a picture in picture - one of witness/prosecution and one on ICA at all times.

To find out that little Caylee has been deceased since June 16 2008. While Mom partied, she was lying in a swampy area, bagged like garbage. It infuriates me.

Snipped by me

I wonder if this is what CA thinks of every single day for the last 6+ weeks. I am not a fan of the Anthony's, but CA certainly seems to love Caylee and this is probably one of the reasons she can't hold it together. It was telling to me when she was letting ICA know they don't know where Caylee is but ICA is safe and being fed. A mother and grandmothers worst fear.

totally agree with you. Orlando is still very small townish in the legal community and as a local for many years I was surprised to hear him described as such a big fish (very small pond) - I remember CM when he took on any type of case- divorce, family matters, etc. I wasn't aware that he was only a defense atty. these days. He has always been a tad chauvinistic,
always wore his big man cowboy boots and treated professional women with a "Darlin" and a pat on the head. Ask me how I know.

How do you know?? :innocent:

Well Baez mostly was worried about the affect on the jury because the Anthony's were making some very negative statements about his ability - in this for his own self promotion, etc., so of course he objected. Sidebar and the judge came back and read a statement to remind the jury these statements were the opinion of the Anthony's only and not necessarily true statements.

ICA sat with primarily a puzzled look on her face as she watched the videos. George wiped tears from his eyes - I guess reliving how much they had been bamboozled.

Over and over again ICA said how much she respected George and loved him and knows he would never do anything to hurt her.

Thank you!

I'm not singling you out, but it just KILLS me after everything that goes on in court when someone comes in and says "What did I miss?" I almost want to say, OMG just EVERYTHING! You have NO IDEA! LOL.

I know, I'm sorry!!!!! It's just that I've had too much work to watch yesterday and today. I hope for the highlights. Bill Schaeffer is usually pretty good, NG is horrible, chopping up what happened and splicing it with clips of things that didn't! And I don't have the time to watch the whole replay. Darn!

I guess it's great to rewatch those jail tapes knowing what we know now, and the defense's theory at the forefront, etc.

I'm really glad you answered enelram, cuz I was about 15 seconds away from posting a David Allen Coe song and getting into trouble.

I think CMs routine was effective back in the day when the world was a little smaller place, there was no internet or satellite communications, and his persona was an appreciated archetype (that's not what I really typed).

Yes, that's it, persona as an appreciated archetype.

As demonstrated when he related in humorous detail that he met his current wife on the job - before sexual harassment was frowned upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela