2011.06.03 SIDEBAR THREAD (Trial Day Nine)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and ... any trash/garbage smell would not remain after the trash bag was removed .... unlike human decomp smell which remains and remains and remains ....

And, I don't see a thing that would cause maggots.
The maggots that remained, and the flies that flew when George and tow yard employee (Brick?) opened the truck.

IMO

The way I see it, George, Cindy and Lee could not emotionally disconnect from Casey along as she held Caylee's whereabouts secret.
Running them around gave her a thrill to a boring day in jail.
It kept them feeding her snack account, visiting her in jail, showing up for her hearings. Emotional blackmail as I see it. (also known as dangling the carrot)
She did give out hints, (close to home) they didn't pick up on for a long time.

IMO

Your right!

They doted on her totally!

she was getting all the attention she was craveing!

I have a question about the"work purse" .

Amy's resume was in it - Amy testified that she e-mailed it to ICA -
but ICA had no job at Universal so she couldn't take it to anyone.
soooo
why in the world did she bother to print out copies? :waitasec:

Knowing what I know now, when I heard about the copies of Amy's resume I immeadiately thought that ICA was going to impersonate Amy and use her resume to get a job. Don't have the link, but I believe in a text message ICA said something regarding Amy being "just like myself" or something to that effect...Also, she already stole Amy's checkbook, so IMO stealing her identity is not a big stretch,

The way I see it, George, Cindy and Lee could not emotionally disconnect from Casey along as she held Caylee's whereabouts secret...it kept them feeding her snack account, visiting her in jail, showing up for her hearings...dangling the carrot.

I think you're right about this, and your comment has me thinking about something else.

What has been getting to me lately is how *convincing* she is. Honestly, when I listen to her in the videos from jail--if I didn't know about the fictional world that she created that she expects everybody else to adopt as well--I feel like she is wrongly accused. She seems credible when she spins her stories.

Melich remarked on this as well in his testimony. She was so "determined" at Universal, by his description, the same detectives that told her that they knew she was lying then began to focus on questions about Zanny and other figments of Casey's imagination, and followed this up by having her look at pictures of potential Zannies even when LE was virtually certain that Zanny didn't exist!

Her behavior is uncanny, and I'm sure her parents and brother believed her in spite of their collective common sense.

How does she do it?

Linda Kenney-Baden on HLN just read from her list of what she saw
KC says "I'm protecting the family."
GA says "we have to stick together."
KC says "I have to keep my mouth shut."
"She wants to see Dad, she wants to see Dad, she wants to see Dad, she wants to see Dad and moreover the day before Cindy Anthony said George was out for 2 days and he stinks." She goes on to say, "Ummm I see the seed of what the prosecution is doing."

Vinny replie "What kind of glasses are you weraing? :giggle:

Oh my gosh! I love how she picks and chooses phrases that can be cut and paste together to appear like a huge conspiracy!!!

It reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer was accused of groping the babysitter when a piece of candy got stuck to her butt, and the news anchor videotaped him talking about the candy and edited the tape to make it look like he said "sweet sweet...CAN. I couldn't wait to .... touch.... that .... sweet sweet... CAN" (with the clock hands jumping in the edits in the background)

LOL

Welcome - great pick up on the car and George driving it to dispose of Caylee's body. Great sleuthing! But the fact that Caylee's hair with a death band is yet to be dealt with probably tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks for replying! Yes, the jury system, I have to admit it looks more exciting than what we have here. Especially in movies and on TV. :crazy: There's something I don't understand though; what is a death band?

Hi all. I'm a newbie. :)

(Please disregard any spelling errors, I'm Dutch and I'm too lazy to do a spellingcheck everytime I type something.)

I haven't really been following this case and after hearing today's witnesses I have some observations/questions that I hope you guys can shed some light on. First off, based on JB's opening statement's he gave the indication that George Anthony somehow got rid of Caylee's body after she drowned. I assume, IF he's going to go down this road, he's going to argue that GA drove Caylee's body to the woods. IF this is his game plan, why is he making such a fuss about the hair and the other evidence in the car? Is he only going to argue that the hairs fond were Caylee's IF George was the one driving but NOT if Casey is considered the driver?

I don't see how this helps his credibility. If you're going to argue accident and cover up, I assume you have a solid theory about what exactly happened. Right now, he seems to be argueing with the witnesses instead of building a solid case - a solid argument as what could be considered an alternative scenario.

Back to my question, is there anything tying only Casey to the car? Was it only in her posession during that time? Did anyone ever see anyone other than Casey driving that car?

OFF TOPIC: The jury system in the United States is fascinating. It's so fascinating (for a lack of another word) how trials are decided by people who don't really know much about law, criminals or psychology. In my opinion, it places a HUGE burden on the prosecution.

OKAY, this was long.
I find this case interesting. Too bad it's all going on during exams. :)
Welcome, and your english is 'spot on"! It does not help his credibility at all. It is that whole idea of "Baffle them with bull*****", pick apart anything and confuse the jurors so that maybe one of them will get hung up on something that makes no sense and hang the jury! the death band is a ring around the hair root that only occurs during decomposition

This is one thing that has always puzzled me.

Why did ICA have that weak moment when she admitted to La she hadn't seen Caylee in a month?

Why couldn't she come up with something like she'd been doing for 30 days? - like "Caylee's with Zanny in Cocoa Beach, but Zanny's number is on my other phone which is in my office at Universal. The building is closed but I'll go get it tomorrow and call Zanny and tell her to bring Caylee back, blah, blah blah" - like she seemed to be able to do so well before and after that moment. She had $200 of Amy's cash - she could have beat it out of town and maybe gotten away - she was keeping MH in dangling and told him she was going to Calif.

I think MAYBE she was just trying to hold CA off until TL went home to NY and thought she'd be going with him, saying she gave custody of Caylee to her parents, and CA and GA and her "friends" not knowing how to find her.

How did she let that slip? I really don't think she came up with the ZFG story until LA clued her in to what LE would do when they got there.

Help me out here - any ideas?

Before I head out for the evening..I just wish to say something about KC's rant in her last tape viewed today and that hissy fit..spewing her frustration and threatening to leave the interview..why? because she is Pi$$ed off...WHY? because she is NOT IN CONTROL and tired of answering the same old questions about clues to find Caylee...

KC's comment " I have NO control in here..I need to COME HOME...You guys have each Other..I have NO ONE!!..

LKB rationale>>>> because George is in control :)sick:)

My rationale>>> after 30 dayz she indeed has lost control..LE tells her when she can do what, where,when and she CANNOT MANIPULATE them!!..She feels totally Out of her element..no wonder she wanted to go home where she ruled the roost!!

Finally..WHEN she did get out..she had NO interest in helping, looking or doing ONE thing to help..In fact according to Lenny P. She appeared to care less about her parents, her lost daughter, let alone appear to even want to LOOK FOR CAYLEE!!.. ( Accordin to Lennny P. and Tracey..female bailbondwoman)That spoke volumes to me:rocker:

Good night folks:seeya:

Thanks for replying! Yes, the jury system, I have to admit it looks more exciting than what we have here. Especially in movies and on TV. :crazy: There's something I don't understand though; what is a death band?

it is a mark that surrounds the shaft of a hair that signifies that this hair was on a body that is deceased. Bacteria grows on the hair shaft and can be detected and this bacteria does NOT grow on a live persons hair. Not that well versed in this but this is my memory of death band. This hair is tested as part of the forensics in this case.

Nancy Grace is saying that at lunch JB was 'kind' enough to give a photo op to folks outside the courthouse....females no less and I think she said one on each arm......I guess it is easy for him to turn everything off that he just heard inside during the trial....interesting. IMO:twocents:

ThinkTank,
I cannot wait to read your book when this is over. You always put the details together for me. :great:
I'm looking forward to one from SOTS ,also ( :seeya: Hi SOTS ) but for different reasons.

Ummmmmmm what reason would that be Miss James?

Watching some trial-highlights.. I like the fact that the prosecution showed the jail tapes and interrogation tapes. It shows Casey Anthony to be a pathological liar. The defense can pick and choose what they want to focus on, but the tapes IMO were used only to show one thing: Casey Anthony is a great liar and will surely make you believe she has a pig that can fly.

I mean, now they've seen how detailed and precise her lies were and how convincing she is. They heard about her unwillingness to confess the truth even when she was walking in the Universal studios or when she drove the police to Zanny's apartment. If a woman can so convincingly LIE, why should the jury believes she's speaking the truth to her attorneys or to them? And even if she appears convincing, they now have the tapes to look back on and reflect that even when she appears to be truthful, Casey Anthony is nothing but a damn good liar.

Why did ICA have that weak moment when she admitted to La she hadn't seen Caylee in a month?

Why couldn't she come up with something like she'd been doing for 30 days? - like "Caylee's with Zanny in Cocoa Beach, but Zanny's number is on my other phone which is in my office at Universal. The building is closed but I'll go get it tomorrow and call Zanny and tell her to bring Caylee back, blah, blah blah" - like she seemed to be able to do so well before and after that moment. She had $200 of Amy's cash - she could have beat it out of town and maybe gotten away - she was keeping MH in dangling and told him she was going to Calif.

I think MAYBE she was just trying to hold CA off until TL went home to NY and thought she'd be going with him, saying she gave custody of Caylee to her parents, and CA and GA and her "friends" not knowing how to find her.

How did she let that slip? I really don't think she came up with the ZFG story until LA clued her in to what LE would do when they got there.

Great question. I think maybe she knew her mom had called the police twice at that time, the 3rd was after she heard caylee was kidnapped. I also think that Lee might not have been as forthcoming with what he said to his sister. I think he was harping on her about the stink of the car and then she folded and came up with she was kidnapped. lee did state the smell was so bad he couldnt stay in the garage.

I want to know why casey didn't torch the car and beat feet out of dodge. Once the car smelled she should have doused the trunk with gasoline, called her parents and say, caylee and I left for another state to start a new life, I will get in touch with you in a year. Then she really should of left. When caylee's body was eventually found there would be no reports of a missing child.

all in all.. imho.... the dt may try and try to obscure what is rather obvious and try the smoke and mirrors and baffle em with b.s.... but the cracker jack PT ALWAYS gets them back on the track just as LDB did with the CSI guy!! the decomp smell questions were CLASSIC... he put it right into JB's heart.. and LDB knew the EXACT questions to ask to get the EXACT answers necessary.. another baez blunder...

But KC was using Zanny the Nanny well before LE arrived on the scene. What do you mean? She came up with "Zanny took Caylee story" just before LE arrived at her home? I thought she told Lee that that she has not seen Caylee in 31 days and then later when CA came in, said Zanny took Caylee, but I am not sure if I recall correctly.

Great question. I think maybe she knew her mom had called the police twice at that time, the 3rd was after she heard caylee was kidnapped. I also think that Lee might not have been as forthcoming with what he said to his sister. I think he was harping on her about the stink of the car and then she folded and came up with she was kidnapped. lee did state the smell was so bad he couldnt stay in the garage.

I want to know why casey didn't torch the car and beat feet out of dodge. Once the car smelled she should have doused the trunk with gasoline, called her parents and say, caylee and I left for another state to start a new life, I will get in touch with you in a year. Then she really should of left. When caylee's body was eventually found there would be no reports of a missing child.

it wouldnt matter... sooner or later it would have caught up with her and this would all have been that much more sensationized
imo

But KC was using Zanny the Nanny well before LE arrived on the scene. What do you mean? She came up with "Zanny took Caylee story" just before LE arrived at her home? I thought she told Lee that that she has not seen Caylee in 31 days and then later when CA came in, said Zanny took Caylee, but I am not sure if I recall correctly.

I think he means, why didn't casey CONTINUE with the caylee is somewhere safe with zanny, why all of a sudden..she was kidnapped.

I think there was to much pressure on her to produce caylee plus the police were on their way.

and ... any trash/garbage smell would not remain after the trash bag was removed .... unlike human decomp smell which remains and remains and remains ....

Hi ThinkTink,

Didn't the papertowels that were in the garbage bag have grave wax on them as if someone (ICA) had tried to wipe up the bodily fluids? Going to see if I can find it somewhere.

I think you're right about this, and your comment has me thinking about something else.

What has been getting to me lately is how *convincing* she is. Honestly, when I listen to her in the videos from jail--if I didn't know about the fictional world that she created that she expects everybody else to adopt as well--I feel like she is wrongly accused. She seems credible when she spins her stories.

Melich remarked on this as well in his testimony. She was so "determined" at Universal, by his description, the same detectives that told her that they knew she was lying then began to focus on questions about Zanny and other figments of Casey's imagination, and followed this up by having her look at pictures of potential Zannies even when LE was virtually certain that Zanny didn't exist!

Her behavior is uncanny, and I'm sure her parents and brother believed her in spite of their collective common sense.

How does she do it?

Very well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members