2011.06.04 Sidebar Day Ten [MERGED]

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads up:
At 9 PM EDT, Justice with Judge Jeanine Pirro (Fox news) is going to bring in a body language expert to break down every aspect of the case.

I hope it's not that blonde blogger who can't spell. Can't think of her name. I'm not impressed with her at all. The things she comments on are things I've already observed, and I'm no expert. Hopefully, it will be someone else.

Just got home from work, so im going to read what happened today but i'm dying to know...was the death hairband allowed in? TIA

Watching Linda's opening statement - powerful stuff - WHERE IS CAYLEE ANTHONY? Especially the blockbuster movie night without Caylee and then detailing her activities during the 31 days Caylee was "missing". Hopefully Linda will finish off just as strongly.

After JA's description of what Caylee may have seen/endured prior to death,I'm hoping he gives the closing argument.
Someone transcribed it in a post recently,but it's worth searching for.ICA cries,"make him stop" and rubs at her wrists when he describes Caylee being held down.
He does not lack passion.

ETA: it was during a hearing,not the trial.Don't want to confuse.

Baez had done his homework today. :) He showed signs of competency. LOL

ETA: But really we should give him a break. :) He's stuck with an impossible case.

had the grandkids over all day, missed the whole thing, so the the hair banding is in. If JB seemed half competent to day I will have to make sure I view the tapes tonight. THAT would be something to see.

I have no reasonable doubt that ICA committed crimes that lead to the death of caylee. I do however have reasonable confusion as to the exact way she did it... and I think no matter what she has told anyone she will forever be the only one that knows the truth... if she is even capable of knowing the truth.

After JA's description of what Caylee may have seen/endured prior to death,I'm hoping he gives the closing argument.
Someone transcribed it in a post recently,but it's worth searching for.ICA cries,"make him stop" and rubs at her wrists when he describes Caylee being held down.

It would be great if JA gave that same speech in his closing argument and got the same reaction from ICA.

MOO

Damn. Is there a video? Can someone provide a link?

There is and I'm incompetent at searching for it. I' have tried and end up spending hours in the threads.
Begging other posters sometimes helps : )
Some have it on speed dial :seeya:

Watching NG and she is replaying the tapes that we heard when CA testified. I am hearing things I did not hear that day. ICA's tone and her words are ghastly when she talks to Lee and her mother. I just can't believe it. After hearing these again I am not surprised at her defense allegations. She is cold hearted. jmo

I believe I stated with the evidence presented so far, in regards to the odor in the trunk. I also said that my opinion may change with further evidence. I respect your opinion as well, and I do disagree with it.

I would like to ask a couple of questions to any one that can provide me with a good logical answer. 1. If there was no food in the white trash bag, what were the maggots eating to allow them not only to survive, but to flourish? 2. If it was a human decompositional event that occurred in the trunk that caused the odor, aside from the trace of butric acid, and an odorless hair with apparent decomp, what other human decomp material was found in the trunk that could have caused the odor to intensify to the point where you could smell it even when the car doors and trunk were closed?

As always my entire post is my opinon only.

I don't recall the answers to your questions, but do vividly recall that another user asked almost identical questions back when the forensic doc dumps were published, and these questions were answered back then. :crazy:

I personally didn't have an interest in the questions or answers so didn't retain information..sorry...but if you do a forum search, I am sure you can probably pull up the pertinent threads where this was discussed! :seeya:

Hope that helps!

Harris Faulkner on Foxnews just stated that the duct tape was wrapped around Caylee's head 3 times.

Here's a starting place at Youtube.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srD-hdzEp8s&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Death Penalty Argument In Court Over Case Involving Casey Anthony‬‏[/ame]

I believe I stated with the evidence presented so far, in regards to the odor in the trunk. I also said that my opinion may change with further evidence. I respect your opinion as well, and I do disagree with it.

I would like to ask a couple of questions to any one that can provide me with a good logical answer. 1. If there was no food in the white trash bag, what were the maggots eating to allow them not only to survive, but to flourish? 2. If it was a human decompositional event that occurred in the trunk that caused the odor, aside from the trace of butric acid, and an odorless hair with apparent decomp, what other human decomp material was found in the trunk that could have caused the odor to intensify to the point where you could smell it even when the car doors and trunk were closed?

As always my entire post is my opinon only.

Can I say the smell lingers (putting it mildly) even after a body is removed if some decomp fluid leaked out which happened in the case of Caylee Anthony. In homes, even with professional cleaners that deal with disinfecting and odor elimination, replacing carpet, repainting and the like, many items around the site of the spill absorb the odor and from my experience one might as well throw those things away. There were a few books I kept and every once in awhile I get a whiff of that specific odor from them. It’s been three years now and those books were in a different room from where the person died. If I hadn’t experienced it I would have no idea of how dramatic and lasting a decompositional event really is. It’s something I hope to never experience again. As for flies and maggots, do a computer search and you will see how quickly insects arrive at a dead body, some immediately, some to feed off the body and lay eggs and others to feed off larva and such. It's terribly gross.
I might add, as for presumption of innocence until proven guilty...I'm going to let the court and the jury decide the defendant’s fate. And since I am not going to be a member of that jury and I am not a court official and this is only a discussion board, I do not have to abide by the rules of the court in order to express an opinion. If we were to assume that all defendants were innocent, then there really wouldn't be much to discuss. And yes, I believe she’s guilty.

Baez had done his homework today. :) He showed signs of competency. LOL

ETA: But really we should give him a break. :) He's stuck with an impossible case.

I understand what you're saying but I don't dislike JB because he's a defense attorney defending a crime suspect; defense attorneys are an important part of the legal system, it's actually in my opinion essential that defendants have the opportunity to defend themselves the best way possible, otherwise it would be impossible to claim that justice has been served. Which brings me to the reason I cannot stand JB, defense attorneys should give their clients the best possible representation, creating the best possible defense. His crime-theory is so complex and imaginatory and filled with fairytales, the jury would have to be brainwashed to believe it all. And the way he cross examines witnesses gets on my last nerves. The fact that he also doesn't seem to have any strategical plan what so ever makes me aggrevated. And his condescending manner, gets on my last nerve. Conclusion: he annoys me, lol. It's not that he's a defense lawyer, it's because he's a slimy lousy defense lawyer.

Have watched other Florida trials........nothing like this. The fact that ICA remains at her leisure in the courtroom before,during and after court for such lengths of time is so unusual. The fact that she has access to electronic devices is another weird issue and her defense team with cells phones is odd, odd, odd. Judge is being so patient. Nothing like I have ever witnessed even in FL

Just watched WFTV replay of court today on Part 3 around the 11:24 point after JB leaves the courtroom,camera pans on ICA.she is looking down and you can see that the D/T has stacked a number of books in front of her,in addition if you look closely you will see the light from the electronic device shine on her face. WTF is going on in that court room?,are the inmates running the aslyum? SA office better get their spotters in there and make the D/T get her under control,if they can't then ask the judge to get her under control. I do believe the D/T is scarrrrred of ICA JMHO :twocents:

Starts about 1:40:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9UECWMtKeA&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony Motions Hearing 12/11/09 - 17‬‏[/ame]

Can I say the smell lingers (putting it mildly) even after a body is removed if some decomp fluid leaked out which happened in the case of Caylee Anthony. In homes, even with professional cleaners that deal with disinfecting and odor elimination, replacing carpet, repainting and the like, many items around the site of the spill absorb the odor and from my experience one might as well throw those things away. There were a few books I kept and every once in awhile I get a whiff of that specific odor from them. It’s been three years now and those books were in a different room from where the person died. If I hadn’t experienced it I would have no idea of how dramatic and lasting a decompositional event really is. It’s something I hope to never experience again. As for flies and maggots, do a computer search and you will see how quickly insects arrive at a dead body, some immediately, some to feed off the body and lay eggs and others to feed off larva and such. It's terribly gross.
I might add, as for presumption of innocence until proven guilty...I'm going to let the court and the jury decide the defendant’s fate. And since I am not going to be a member of that jury and I am not a court official and this is only a discussion board, I do not have to abide by the rules of the court in order to express an opinion. If we were to assume that all defendants were innocent, then there really wouldn't be much to discuss. And yes, I believe she’s guilty.

I am so sorry you have had to endure such a an experience. Thank you for sharing . It makes a difference to hear it from someone who knows.

I understand what you're saying but I don't dislike JB because he's a defense attorney defending a crime suspect; defense attorneys are an important part of the legal system, it's actually in my opinion essential that defendants have the opportunity to defend themselves the best way possible, otherwise it would be impossible to claim that justice has been served. Which brings me to the reason I cannot stand JB, defense attorneys should give their clients the best possible representation, creating the best possible defense. His crime-theory is so complex and imaginatory and filled with fairytales, the jury would have to be brainwashed to believe it all. And the way he cross examines witnesses gets on my last nerves. The fact that he also doesn't seem to have any strategical plan what so ever makes me aggrevated. And his condescending manner, gets on my last nerve. Conclusion: he annoys me, lol. It's not that he's a defense lawyer, it's because he's a slimy lousy defense lawyer.

Agreed, except that he doesn't annoy me. He makes me laugh. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousKet