2011.06.04 Sidebar Day Ten [MERGED]

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I stated with the evidence presented so far, in regards to the odor in the trunk. I also said that my opinion may change with further evidence. I respect your opinion as well, and I do disagree with it.

I would like to ask a couple of questions to any one that can provide me with a good logical answer. 1. If there was no food in the white trash bag, what were the maggots eating to allow them not only to survive, but to flourish? 2. If it was a human decompositional event that occurred in the trunk that caused the odor, aside from the trace of butric acid, and an odorless hair with apparent decomp, what other human decomp material was found in the trunk that could have caused the odor to intensify to the point where you could smell it even when the car doors and trunk were closed?

As always my entire post is my opinon only.
The maggots were probably on the corpse, which was removed, leaving eggs.

Did you ever pass by where a skunk was killed? Even though you didn't run over it, the smell may linger in your car for a few days. If the skunk was IN your car, the odor might never leave. Yes, the odor is that bad.

The sidebar that Amy H. was called over to on May 31, 2011 after her testimony -- has been obtained by the media already and what was said published.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28120634/detail.html

Casey Anthony Defense: Best Friend Testimony Inconsistent
Casey Anthony, 25, Charged With Killing Daughter
POSTED: Friday, June 3, 2011

Bench transcripts from a conversation Huizenga had with Judge Belvin Perry reveals clues about the defense's strategy.

:eek: I didn't know she LIVED in Barcelona, I thought she was just in port there! Good for her!

The sidebar that Amy H. was called over to on May 31, 2011 after her testimony -- has been obtained by the media already and what was said published.

Bench transcripts from a conversation Huizenga had with Judge Belvin Perry reveals clues about the defense's strategy.
According to this, it could go either way.

"Testimony might come up where we need her to impeach, or we may want to impeach her testimony," Baez said. "

Did you ever pass by where a skunk was killed? Even though you didn't run over it, the smell may linger in your car for a few days. If the skunk was IN your car, the odor might never leave. Yes, the odor is that bad.

BBM. That's true. Ask the Partridge Family.:floorlaugh:

ETA: It was the decomp that saturated the carpet that smelled so bad, even after it dried.

Thank you for that ,ThinkTank.

It makes me love Judge Perry even more .
It also makes me want to read the transcripts of all the other sidebars.This is where the real stuff goes on.

I may try to persuade my middle child to become a court reporter.

My understand was that there was "grave wax" on the paper towels, and I believe this could have been a source of the odor.

Tink

I'm not sure but IMO he got wind of something and because of his morals or values or the simple fact that he is indeed a respected Atty he dropped them like a hot potato.
Like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop, THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW.
Perhaps because the As were uncontrollable media hogs, and shot from the hip.

:rollercoaster:

:eek: I didn't know she LIVED in Barcelona, I thought she was just in port there! Good for her!

Not exactly. She works on the NCL Epic, which has just gone over to Barcelona for weekly Western Med cruises. At the end of autumn they will come back to Miami to do Caribbean cruises.

My understand was that there was "grave wax" on the paper towels, and I believe this could have been a source of the odor.

Tink
I didn't see that in evidence yet, so I'll be watching for it. Thank you!

I think we all know her guilt.. but is anyone else struggling that someone as inexperienced as ICA didn't leave more physical evidence? Or do we just not know of it yet?

Originally Posted by MissJames View Post
After JA's description of what Caylee may have seen/endured prior to death,I'm hoping he gives the closing argument.
Someone transcribed it in a post recently,but it's worth searching for.ICA cries,"make him stop" and rubs at her wrists when he describes Caylee being held down.
He does not lack passion.

ETA: it was during a hearing,not the trial.Don't want to confuse.

Damn. Is there a video? Can someone provide a link?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9UECWMtKeA&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony Motions Hearing 12/11/09 - 17‬‏[/ame]
Casey Anthony Motions Hearing 12/11/09 – 17

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton said:
“Caylee almost 3 when she died with duct tape over her nose and her mouth [KC says "make him stop" ... Lyon says "I can't] any child of that age should have the ability to remove the duct tape covering her airway and preventing her from breathing And the evidence in this case would indicate that Caylee was in not average, above average in that regard. A juror might conclude then that she must have been restrained either chemically or physically. If chemically restrained, her killer prepared some substance in advance that would render her physically unable to resist, administered the substance, awaited it’s affect, and then methodically applied 3 pieces of duct tape to completely cut off the flow of air from her mouth or her nose, and let nature take its course. At least Caylee wouldn’t have had any fear. How the jurors apply those facts to the law the court will give them. If she was physically restrained her killer would have had to restrained her arms by some means, applying the duct tape while she was conscience As the killer looked into her face, maybe her killer even saw her eyes as the tape was applied, first one piece, then 2 then 3 so that no breath was possible. Could Caylee have understood what was happening to her. Did she try to resist. Could her killer see the fear in her eyes as the tape was applied. These are questions only the jurors will be able to answer in this case. One thing we do know is this – if you’ve gotten to this stage, those same jurors have already decided that the face that Caylee Anthony saw on those final moments of her life was her mother’s face. Anyone who contends that no juror could find that these conclusions call for a sentence of death is only fooling themselves.”

Am I the only who believes that Baez told her to turn on the waterworks when he whispered in her ear?

I have a little trouble hearing. Could someone tell me what point she says "make him stop", please?

Nevermind, I just saw the post above mine!

I think we all know her guilt.. but is anyone else struggling that someone as inexperienced as ICA didn't leave more physical evidence? Or do we just not know of it yet?
Left evidence where? She had 31 days...what the heck did she do besides shop and text? Clean up? The car...IMO...had a very good cleaning...now by who, I'm not sure.

I have a little trouble hearing. Could someone tell me what point she says "make him stop", please?

Nevermind, I just saw the post above mine!

It is whispered at about the 2:10 mark.

Left evidence where? She had 31 days...what the heck did she do besides shop and text? Clean up? The car...IMO...had a very good cleaning...now by who, I'm not sure.

I know... I guess it's just hard thinking that the jury would really like a smoking gun here.

I'm not sure what "more" evidence there could be? It appears there is a lot of evidence considering she had approximately two weeks from Caylee's death until when the car was towed. She didn't even attempt to clean out the car it seems, and discarding Caylee's remains right down the street from her parents' home wasn't very brilliant at all.

MOO

According to this, it could go either way.

"Testimony might come up where we need her to impeach, or we may want to impeach her testimony," Baez said. "
I can't imagine what the <mod snip> thinks Amy can add to the events of July 15th that she hasn't already testified to. She met up with Cindy, showed Cindy where TonE lived and "lured" Casey out of the apartment so Cindy could confront Casey. Amy testified that she went back down to the car so she wouldn't be in the middle of the Cindy/Casey mess. (Can't say that I blame her either!!) What else can she contribute? Cindy and Casey yelled at each other? Big surprise there.. The <mod snip> is desperate for scraps and the <mod snip> is envious as heck of Amy. Does anyone here think that the <mod snip> would hesitate putting a bit of revenge on Amy for taking Cindy to TonE's?

ETA: I doubt if the <mod snip> has truly forgiven Amy for "causing the felonies" that she's been convicted of either... Casey just doesn't seem like the forgiving type.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like she left a LOT of physical evidence. What was it 7 months, that Caylee was exposed to the elements? We have hair, tape, clothes, bags, Internet searches, text messages...

I'm a little surprised she was that sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhijones