2011.06.04 TRIAL Day Ten (Morning Session ONLY)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this guy is going to verify chain of command and sample techniques...which means Dr. Vass should be up next week. IMO

Some women shed a lot of hair....I do...so my bending over, in and out of the trunk...lifting things out and putting things in...there wouls def be hair shed in that trunk...DH sheds body hair alot so there wouls also be shedded make body hair n the truck..but in NO WAY would one single hair have a death band. No way,.

me too.... I have even found it in my baby's diaper ! I shed everywhere.....still not dead though.

Would air actually maintain its originally odor without being affected by the material the can is made out of?
The CANS are made of a standardized metal...(think paint cans, 'cause they are!)...and it is an inert metal per se. NO EFFECTS of the internal sample

So I'll forget that the car stank, since some people didn't smell it.
So I'll forget they found deathbanding on hair, since it was only 1 hair.
So I'll forget the air samples, since that is new science.

So, I'm just left with, grave wax on tissues in ICAs garbage. Maggots and grave flies in same. The stain showing decomposition in the car trunk.

Along with zero evidence of a drowning, if Dr G hadn't identified the remains as Caylee, the DT would be hard pressed to show a death even occurred.

Witness is very credible and does a nice job breaking information down for the jury. In short and to me, he's cute as a button and helping break things down on Caylee's behalf.

Year of Conviction: 1982...Way before Karen's time.

It wasn't her evidence that JB was referring to. It was one of her colleagues. I think Baez was more pointing at the scientific technique being used rather than the scientist themself

ICA seemed to get interested when the trash was mentioned. Defense needs that trash. Did they find a banana?

He too air samples of the trunk, the bag of trash, other areas of the car, and of the garage itself.

Bold mine

Very thorough...let's see if JB can find fault with this.

Next witness - Michael Vincent

Direct examination by LDB

He is an assistant supervisor with the crime scene unit with OCSO. Been there for 9 years. Prior to that, retired Phili p.d.

Training regarding CSI - high school education in electronics, 8 years in Air Force in law enforcement, then went to the Phili police dept and OCSO has attended over 30 crime scene related schools from 3 days to 3 weeks.

He is an assistant supervisor. He supervises Gerardo Bloise (testified yesterday afternoon)

in July 08 assistant supervisor of squad 20. He assisted Bloise with the examination of the Pontiac Sunfire. This included taking samples - initially he collected stain samples checking for blood on the trunk liner - 3 tests all negative.

Also collected air samples.

Also collected pieces of the spare tire cover samples. Placed them in tin cans.

Air sample collection began on 7/21/08. He was assisted by people from UCF. The first attempt Dr. Michael Sigmond from UF assisted, using a large syringe inserted through the trunk seal. They were unable to do it, so they cracked the trunk as little as possible, then closed the trunk, then transferred the air sample to two bags. He also hung a filter in the vehicle and closed it up to see if the air would absorb into the filter. Dr. Sigmond performed the process and he observed. They collected an item shipped to the Oakridge Lab.

He was shown Exhibit J.N. and identified it as containing the kevlar bag with the air sample in it.

The next day he took a sample from the stained area of the spare tire cover. He was shown Exhibit I.R. and identified it as the can containing the spare tire cover sample. Collection date was 7/22/08. This was shipped to Oakridge Lab.

On 7/23/08 he conducted another effort to collect air samples. He observed the collection actually. This time Dr. Sigmond opened the trunk, hung a carbon filter and another type of filter, closed the trunk, waited 40 minutes, then opened the trunk and collected the samples. he was shown Exhibit J.O. and identified it as being collected on 7/23/08. It was also sent to Oakridge Lab.

On 7/29/08 he assisted in another exam of the trunk to collect samples from it. Prior to that he received equipment from Dr. Voss from Oakridge. He received a portable air pump and 9 test tubes and instructions on where and how to collect samples. He did air samples on 7/29 on the vehicle and 7/30 he did air samples from the trash.

The equipment was a 9 x 12 square box, 4 inches thick, had a lid that opened. Inside had switches and batteries. 2 rubber tubes coming out the side. On the end of the tubes was a threaded nut. Test tubes had the other side of the nut on each end. He was to set up the equipment and attach the test tubes to the hoses and turn the pump on for a certain time. Tests done in 2 areas. He also took air samples of the garage itself.

He was shown packages and identified them as the packages containing the test tubes.

Item N.F. was collected from the interior passenger area on 8/29. He collected it for 69 minutes.
Item N.G. was collected from the interior passenger area for 69 minutes.
Item N.H. was collected from the trash inside the trash bag inside the vehicle for approximately 72 minutes on 8/30/08.
Item N.I. was collected inside the trunk area for 69 minutes on 8/29.
Item N.J. was collected from the trash on 8/30 for 72 minutes.
Item N.K. was collected from the inside of the garage on 8/30.
Item N.L. was a standard or blank test - not used - to show contamination in shipment.
Item N.N. was collected from the air in garage for 77 minutes on 8/30.

These were then shipped to Oakridge.

wow they cover their bases with having a clean unused sample shipped with the others

bobkealing

Follower question: Car was in garage for several hours before calling 911 George took it hone. Cindy found Amys resume in it called her
3 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Can anyone tell me how long the car was actually in the garage before 911 call?

Bold mine

Very thorough...let's see if JB can find fault with this.

Oh I'm sure he's going to counter with...have you ever taken an air sample of a rotting banana or dead squirrel?

air samples also taken of the bay the car was parked in

This is going to be the "control" sample and I betcha he also left a pad untouched to serve as a "contaminant control" in the box to pick up any "ickies" in the air during shipping.

So I'll forget that the car stank, since some people didn't smell it.
So I'll forget they found deathbanding on hair, since it was only 1 hair.
So I'll forget the air samples, since that is new science.

So, I'm just left with, grave wax on tissues in ICAs garbage. Maggots and grave flies in same. The stain showing decomposition in the car trunk.

Along with zero evidence of a drowning, if Dr G hadn't identified the remains as Caylee, the DT would be hard pressed to show a death even occurred.

yep - but remember JB is going to say there weren't THOUSANDS of maggots therefore discrediting the maggots that were there.

the stain = food

the grave wax....well not sure what he's going to do with that.

I think JB told ICA that the hair banding and air samples would not come into trial, so she did not have to worry. I think she is not happy with her DT right now. Looks very angry.

OT! totally ticked off......I missed MOST of the HAIR BANDING!

#caseyanthonytrial Juror 11 the phys ed teacher is chomping on some gum.

by bobkealing via twitter at 9:12 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member