2011.06.06 Sidebar (Trial Day Eleven)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we talking about the HD videos? Are we going to see those today? Is that in the evidence that the State just brought in before break?

And if they were release in the doc dump but not to media, must be some damning stuff on there.

Also are we saying/thinking ICA tried to clean with chloroform? I was always under the impression that is how she would knock Caylee out. (zanny the nanny)
I suspect we are talking about the home depot videos because they are making me crazy!!!! LOL....sorry if I got off topic here, but it must be coming soon!!

When Dr. Vass testified as to the first acid released in decomposition, and it was in the carpet samples, was it butryic acid?

TIA

I came in right about this point today and YES is my recollection when he was talking about head space gases.

(WSers pls correct if I am wrong and I will then delete post)

Maybe ICA buying chloroform ingredients!:loser:

If so letts hope it was prior to 6/16! I want to believe Caylee was knocked out when she put the tape on. But I think she was alert.
I think chloroform was used in the clean up,
IMO it did not appear by accident.

You can use common household items to make it. Like Bleach, nail polish remover etc...

This is why I'm anxious to see these HD videos. I've always questioned the chloroform part of this case because if ICA had been using it for quite some time, they would have found plenty of evidence of the materials used to make it. Also they would have found containers showing traces of it, that she would have used to store it in.

If chloroform does come into this case as the COD, then I'm leaning towards the idea that this was a fairly new tactic ICA was trying with Caylee, and it went very wrong. As I said, if she had been doing this for awhile, the evidence of her making it and storing it would have been everywhere.

Once she got the new book " Skeleton Justice " out to the public she didn't need the media coverage from representing ICA.

And IMO if she was truly devoted to this case she would not have bailed either
:twocents:

LKB says why can't the SA just believe, the child drowned? Because it's BS..who take an accident and turn it into a crime by lying, hiding and abusing a corpse. UGH.

And speaking of Sims...just what is her role other than what looks like to me as being the Teams' secretary?
Instead of Sims going up to the side bar Baez and Ms Fry (the new attorney) go up..

Sims has been relegated to looking up scientific terms and case law, I think she's had just about enough of them going by her expression yesterday when court ended. I think this is pushing her to the brink.

When Dr. Vass testified as to the first acid released in decomposition, and it was in the carpet samples, was it butryic acid?

TIA

Yes, butryuc acid is the first of the volotile Essential Fatty Acid that is released in the decomposition cycle..and it proves to me anyway, that Caylee was in that trunk and released that and had soaked into the carpet.
Dr. Vass stated it was found in the "Carpet Sample" fibres that had been cut, soaked and then tested....Man oh man...What more does one need to accept there was a decomposition human being in that trunk????:banghead:

Well, if it is ICA on video at Home Depot buying products...then it would make sense how the State is laying the foundation.

I hate how TruTv loves to act as though this case is not a slam dunk. Because it is.

Just checked the home depot videos are dated at the end of May and then one for 6/29 and 7/5.

Can someone please tell me if it has been found to be true that ICA and Caylee were at Walmart on the 16th of June?

From the list of video's it looks like they only have one of Walmart:
21. CD-R - Walmart Video, 7-23-08

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6312408&postcount=270"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6312408&postcount=270[/ame]

Also, I wonder if these were missing pages???From previous document dumps.
29. Discovery Documents Pages 24704-24706

I think that we all missed the home depot video.....something SA has had and lists it as one of the vidoes that they will use in the trial....we all went ....HUH???

IIRC it was handed over to the Defense but not released to the public.

Watching JB, I think he is making a critical mistake in handling all of the prosecution witnesses himself. The SA split up the areas of their case: Mr. George largely handled the social relationships, Mr. Ashton the scientific, LDB the police, some crossover, but generally speaking.

JBhas a large team, he should be using this team to focus on different topics. They each would be more familiar with their area.

Besides, it would help mitigate any frustration or dislike the jury may form.

I think it is his ego.

bbm
so do I and IMO the chip on his shoulder...he has something to prove..

Morning friends, late arriving..........I have a daughter similar to ICA and last night we had to take my granddaughter away. My heart is heavy but I gotta admit this case gave me and the rest of my family the strength and conviction to go get her. Please pray for us. Thanks for posting about today's trial. I'm here for the routine and escape at the moment while granddaughter rests. She's 3.

Good for you Gma Kat. I admire you for doing what you did. Fortunately, you may never know what tragic events you averted for that little girl by taking her in. Don't let your daughter make you feel guilty, you did the right thing at this time. I know that there are other WSers that are in similar situations. Don't despair, as there will always be someone here for you if you need a shoulder to lean on.
My prayers go out to you and the little one. May you find your life enriched beyond all expectations with this addition to your home.

:grandma::heartbeat:

If there is anything damning on the Home Depot videos, it will clearly show premeditation considering these were the dates on the videos:

24. CD-R - Home Depot Video, 5-23-08,
6-29-08, 7-5-08
25. CD-R - Home Depot Video, 5-29-08

A couple of weeks before Caylee allegedly drown.

Quoting my own post...does anyone remember what dates the Chloroform searches were conducted on the computer? Wasn't there one in May?

Very sorry to hear of your loss RiverRat, its so sad

And IMO if she was truly devoted to this case she would not have bailed either

Intermezzo you hit the nail on the head!!!! I am SO sick of In Session having LKB on their show!!! She spews the same BS that JB does in the court room. :banghead:

She seriously left the defense team once they declared ICA indigent! She knew she wouldn't be making big money off this case, so she BAILED!!!!!

BBM - an old saying comes to mind every time I see LKB on some of these shows: "You can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear".....moo

Yup. There's another one. Something about putting lipstick on a pig. :D

ETA: LOVE your avatar. ;)

Oh dear. Did anyone else just hear LKB on IS say of this case that she feels like her baby is out there and she's not there? OMG.

OK... Ynot must no longer listen to LKB. Ever.

I guess she now realizes that her babysitter is inept and could damage the baby. If she was so worried about her 'baby' why did she quit over 'traveling expenses'?
I think she quit when she realized how thick headed Mr. Baez was. He was planning on trying this case all himself and she got out while she could, So she is now trying to do it herself from the sidelines. Too bad for her that the only people who count CANNOT HEAR HER.

Put a sock in it, Lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member